A plea to the Governors
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:33:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A plea to the Governors
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A plea to the Governors  (Read 1748 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2005, 06:24:10 PM »

That is saddening, pathetic, and obsessive.

Obsessive?  No, this is obsessive:

You'll never again hold office in Atlasia if I have any say in it.

Oh wait, I already accomplished that goal.  Tough luck, Donald.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2005, 06:25:01 PM »

You could always move out of Tennessee; that's the simplest solution. Tongue

No thank you.  I live here and am standing my ground.

Okay, but given that you're going to need to have Tennessee moved out of the Southeastern Region to really get what you want, all I can say is "good luck".

Ready to spend half a year doing it, Don? Wink

You were aided by being the only person living in New Mexico; meanwhile, Don has company in Tennessee, none of whom likely want to move his state out of the Southeastern Region.  I don't really think his goal is even possible to attain.

OK, ready to spend a year doing it, Don? Cheesy
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2005, 06:26:49 PM »

Okay, but given that you're going to need to have Tennessee moved out of the Southeastern Region to really get what you want, all I can say is "good luck".

Why would I need to have Tennessee moved out of the Southeastern Region to get it out of District 4?

Because you want to get away from the guy who wants you dragged behind a pickup truck, and that guy is the senator for the Southeastern Region, not for District 4.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2005, 06:26:58 PM »

Why would I need to have Tennessee moved out of the Southeastern Region to get it out of District 4?

Jake is the senator for the Southeastern Region, not District 4.  You'll still have Jake for a Senator if you get out of District 4.  You'll lose Q.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2005, 06:28:02 PM »

I'm sorry, I think you intentionally dodged my question.  I asked you to provide examples of what I'm doing wrong as Senator.  Are you admitting that this is a personal grudge, or do you have something substantial to say?
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2005, 06:28:42 PM »

You were aided by being the only person living in New Mexico; meanwhile, Don has company in Tennessee, none of whom likely want to move his state out of the Southeastern Region.  I don't really think his goal is even possible to attain.

I do not in any way wish for my state to be moved out of a region where both of its currently registered voters have served as its Governor.  We are southeasterners, regardless of who gets elected.  A District with a numeric designation, on the other hand, holds no sensible value to any particular state.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2005, 06:29:34 PM »

I'm sorry, I think you intentionally dodged my question.  I asked you to provide examples of what I'm doing wrong as Senator.  Are you admitting that this is a personal grudge, or do you have something substantial to say?

Is someone getting obsessive again?

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2005, 06:29:40 PM »

I do not in any way wish for my state to be moved out of a region where both of its currently registered voters have served as its Governor.  We are southeasterners, regardless of who gets elected.  A District with a numeric designation, on the other hand, holds no sensible value to any particular state.

Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that Jake is the regional senator.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2005, 06:30:04 PM »

Ah, it's just the District you want out of. Got it.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2005, 06:30:35 PM »

Duh.  I'm not asking to be relieved of my region, I am asking to be relieved of the district.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2005, 06:30:53 PM »

Is someone getting obsessive again?

I hope the Governors will see through what you are trying to accomplish, because you have all but admitted that you can't explain what I've done wrong as Senator.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2005, 06:32:13 PM »

Duh.  I'm not asking to be relieved of my region, I am asking to be relieved of the district.

Well, earlier, you said this:

My point was that many hardcore Democrats in the real world like to proudly declare that Bush is "not my president" and so on.  But does that actually make it so?  Of course not.  You just have to accept who your elected officials are, whether you like them or not.

Has President Bush ever called for any of them to be dragged behind a pickup truck? I can accept people I disagree with.  People who literally hate me enough to make threats, physical or otherwise, are a bit more hard to swallow.

This leads me to believe that your major problem is with Jake, and I'm saying that you can't get away from Jake just from getting out of District 4.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2005, 06:40:31 PM »

This leads me to believe that your major problem is with Jake, and I'm saying that you can't get away from Jake just from getting out of District 4.

The point of that comment was to amplify my concern that I have no representation.  At least in another district I would still have the senator that wants to drag me behind a truck but at least be relieved of the senator who is obsessed with me losing elections.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2005, 06:46:20 PM »

You do have representation, Don.  I think on social issues we would vote very similarly on many bills.  If you have any legislation you want to see in the Senate, and I believe it is good, I don't care if you wrote it- I am open to suggestions from anyone.  Unlike you, who falsely accuses me of all sorts of stuff without backing it up, and takes one quote and blows it out of proportion (you didn't even post your insults towards me that preceded my comment) and thinks that's somehow justification that I am not doing my job as Senator.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2005, 06:51:06 PM »

You do have representation, Don.  I think on social issues we would vote very similarly on many bills.  If you have any legislation you want to see in the Senate, and I believe it is good, I don't care if you wrote it- I am open to suggestions from anyone.  Unlike you, who falsely accuses me of all sorts of stuff without backing it up, and takes one quote and blows it out of proportion (you didn't even post your insults towards me that preceded my comment) and thinks that's somehow justification that I am not doing my job as Senator.

I would be delighted for anyone and everyone to view the thread in its entirety, including the part where you harassed a former President of Atlasia, one of the greatest men who ever posted here, causing him to leave the forum.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=2081.msg599747#msg599747
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2005, 06:52:50 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2005, 06:54:46 PM by Senator Porce »

It wasn't harassment, but I was very rude to him:  hence, I privately apologized to John F. Kennedy and I am on a relatively good relationship with him I think, though we don't talk much since he's busy with college and stuff.

Now, stop dodging the points.  Your claim that you have no representation in the Senate is stupid and offensive.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2005, 06:54:14 PM »

I would be delighted for anyone and everyone to view the thread in its entirety, including the part where you harassed a former President of Atlasia, one of the greatest men who ever posted here, causing him to leave the forum.

Oh yeah, funny how you linked right to my post... and nothing that preceded it.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2005, 06:58:25 PM »

Oh yeah, funny how you linked right to my post... and nothing that preceded it.

Funny how you think that forum members aren't smart enough to use their scroll bars.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2005, 06:59:44 PM »

You stated that it was a discussion where I harassed a former President and drove him out, and then linked right to one of my last posts on the subject.  Surely you know how to link to posts properly?

Anyway, you dodged this:

It wasn't harassment, but I was very rude to him:  hence, I privately apologized to John F. Kennedy and I am on a relatively good relationship with him I think, though we don't talk much since he's busy with college and stuff.

Now, stop dodging the points.  Your claim that you have no representation in the Senate is stupid and offensive.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2005, 07:03:35 PM »

You stated that it was a discussion where I harassed a former President and drove him out, and then linked right to one of my last posts on the subject.  Surely you know how to link to posts properly?

Its called a scroll bar, Ebowed.  Do I need to draw you a diagram?  Guess what - people can even click on the quote links to see an entire thread.  Please do not pretend that the rest of the forum is stupid.

As for your other statement, I have made my points already and am not going to start/continue a flame war with you, sorry to ruin your plans for the evening.

It will require the use of a scroll bar though for you to read my post and points.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2005, 07:07:55 PM »

Its called a scroll bar, Ebowed.  Do I need to draw you a diagram?  Guess what - people can even click on the quote links to see an entire thread.  Please do not pretend that the rest of the forum is stupid.

I just don't get how intellectually dishonest you are.  You linked to the wrong discussion (that wasn't the one where I was rude to JFK) so you could flaunt that certain post another time.  I'm not saying the rest of the forum is stupid-- just that you are being deceptive and underestimating the intelligence of forumites.

As for your other statement, I have made my points already and am not going to start/continue a flame war with you, sorry to ruin your plans for the evening.

Actually, you didn't respond to those points at all.  I've patched things up with JFK, but you're just going to keep pretending I harassed him and that I've a horrible demon who hates everyone.  Nothing could be further from the truth.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2005, 07:13:23 PM »

I've patched things up with JFK, but you're just going to keep pretending I harassed him and that I've a horrible demon who hates everyone.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

You DID harass him.  That's nice that you've apologized but that only means that you had something to apologize for.  It didn't happen in the registration thread but that's where people's responses to the situation were, along with the responses of people towards your pit bull attitude towards me which you continue to this day and its something I have to deal with day in and day out in every thread on this forum.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2005, 07:19:39 PM »

That's nice that you've apologized but that only means that you had something to apologize for.

Um, yeah.  I said I was "very rude" to him and privately apologized to him.  I'm surprised you can put a negative spin on that, still.

It didn't happen in the registration thread but that's where people's responses to the situation were, along with the responses of people towards your pit bull attitude towards me which you continue to this day and its something I have to deal with day in and day out in every thread on this forum.

Who started this thread, Don?  Is it the one with the "pit bull attitude", or is the innocent one who has to deal with a mennace everyday?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2005, 07:21:28 PM »

I'm going to draw up a map that puts Tennessee somewhere other than the south, and we'll see if people like it and if they do Don might get a different Senator.  K?
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2005, 07:22:20 PM »

I'm going to draw up a map that puts Tennessee somewhere other than the south, and we'll see if people like it and if they do Don might get a different Senator.  K?

For clarification, you mean other than District 4. Smiley

Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies