A plea to the Governors
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:12:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A plea to the Governors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A plea to the Governors  (Read 1749 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2005, 05:10:51 PM »

Dear Governors,

As a resident of the State of Tennessee in the Southeastern Region, I am pleading with you to relieve our citizens of our current representation in District 4.   I have no preference as to what district we would be moved to, just as long as it is different from what we have now.

Please give your utmost consideration to creating districts that are radically different from the regional boundaries - otherwise why should we have districts in the first place?

Sincerely yours,
Governor Htmldon.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 05:21:42 PM »

I'm sure the five governors will be more than happy to bend over backwards to suit your own personal tastes (or distastes).  Welcome to democracy, pal.  Just because you didn't vote for Jake doesn't mean he doesn't represent you.

Now you know how Democrats have felt since December 2000.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 05:28:40 PM »

I'm sure the five governors will be more than happy to bend over backwards to suit your own personal tastes (or distastes).  Welcome to democracy, pal.  Just because you didn't vote for Jake doesn't mean he doesn't represent you.

Yes, this is democracy which means we both have the right to express their opinions on this subject - which I have done in this thread.  I don't know why you don't feel I have a right to make my voice heard, but I suppose it is your right as well to respond to anything I have to say.

What on Earth do the Democrats have to do with this?
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 05:29:54 PM »

I ask the governor to fight t ensure that the southeast remains its own(more or less) district.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 05:31:45 PM »

I ask the governor to fight t ensure that the southeast remains its own(more or less) district.

Which is fine, as long as it is more something else and less Tennessee.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 05:42:51 PM »

That's not what districts are for that's why we have a regional senator. Districts shouldn't be anything like regions.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 05:43:25 PM »

Yes, this is democracy which means we both have the right to express their opinions on this subject - which I have done in this thread.  I don't know why you don't feel I have a right to make my voice heard, but I suppose it is your right as well to respond to anything I have to say.

That's correct.  You do have a right to say whatever you want.  I'm just warning you that it would be completely illogical for the governors to make Tennessee a special case during their negotiations.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

My point was that many hardcore Democrats in the real world like to proudly declare that Bush is "not my president" and so on.  But does that actually make it so?  Of course not.  You just have to accept who your elected officials are, whether you like them or not.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 05:45:48 PM »

Each voter should declare which district he would prefer his state to be in.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 05:49:04 PM »

Each voter should declare which district he would prefer his state to be in.

I demand that Ohio be placed in the same district as Utah, because Gabu is clearly the best senator.  Smiley
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 05:58:43 PM »

My point was that many hardcore Democrats in the real world like to proudly declare that Bush is "not my president" and so on.  But does that actually make it so?  Of course not.  You just have to accept who your elected officials are, whether you like them or not.

Has President Bush ever called for any of them to be dragged behind a pickup truck? I can accept people I disagree with.  People who literally hate me enough to make threats, physical or otherwise, are a bit more hard to swallow.

If the Governors do not wish to consider my plea, then that's their business.  But I don't see why there is so much aversion to me just asking the question.   Lots of people want to see states in certain districts for various reasons, why am I not entitled to the same rights as other forum citizens?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 05:58:50 PM »

Don, you may not like me personally, but I don't see what your purpose is in doing this.  I am proud to represent everyone in District 4, even if they don't agree with me, and unless you can provide any justification that I am not doing my job as Senator, I suggest you stop being an attention whore.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 06:01:04 PM »

Has President Bush ever called for any of them to be dragged behind a pickup truck?

Neither has your district Senator.  You would have to move out of the region to get away from Jake.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2005, 06:02:17 PM »

You could always move out of Tennessee; that's the simplest solution. Tongue
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2005, 06:05:19 PM »

Don, you may not like me personally, but I don't see what your purpose is in doing this.  I am proud to represent everyone in District 4, even if they don't agree with me, and unless you can provide any justification that I am not doing my job as Senator, I suggest you stop being an attention whore.

I have every right to ask the Governors for relief in this matter.  If the Governors do not care about my situation that is their business, but I'm just asking anyway.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2005, 06:05:31 PM »

If the Governors do not wish to consider my plea, then that's their business.  But I don't see why there is so much aversion to me just asking the question.   Lots of people want to see states in certain districts for various reasons, why am I not entitled to the same rights as other forum citizens?

Of course you are.  I was merely warning you to prepare to have your concerns summarily ignored.
WiseGuy

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2005, 06:07:36 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2005, 06:09:50 PM by Ron Dubya »

Dear Governors,

As a resident of the State of Tennessee in the Southeastern Region, I am pleading with you to relieve our citizens of our current representation in District 4.   I have no preference as to what district we would be moved to, just as long as it is different from what we have now.

Please give your utmost consideration to creating districts that are radically different from the regional boundaries - otherwise why should we have districts in the first place?

Sincerely yours,
Governor Htmldon.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Jake is the Senator for the Southeast Region.  Moving Tennessee out of D4 won't do any good.  He's a Regional Senator.

EDIT: I posted this before I saw Q said the same thing.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2005, 06:08:09 PM »

I'd like to add that I am happy to represent the state of Tennessee, and my Governor, in the Senate.  Not to boast, but I have been one of the most active Senators in the ninth Senate; I have not missed one single vote, and I have proposed more than ten pieces of legislation just in my first two months, most of which has been successful and well-received.  One of my first bills was none other than the Hurricane Katrina Relief Bill (anyone remember that?), among other legislation such as that which reformed the office of the Secretary of the Treasury.

Don has a personal problem with me, and I'm sorry that it's taken its form in this way.  Either that, or he's confused and doesn't realize Jake is the regional Senator, not the district one, in which case I'm a bit surprised he has the balls to make threads like this when he doesn't even know what Jake represents in the Senate.  Either way, this thread is pointless.  If Don can provide a real reason for Tennessee to be removed from the district I represent, then I'm sure the Governors will be interested.  Instead he doesn't even care where his states goes, as long as it's not in what is now District 4.  That is saddening, pathetic, and obsessive.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2005, 06:08:20 PM »

No thank you.  I live here and am standing my ground.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2005, 06:09:18 PM »

I have every right to ask the Governors for relief in this matter.  If the Governors do not care about my situation that is their business, but I'm just asking anyway.

I didn't say you don't have that right, and I don't appreciate your dirty implications.  Please play victim somewhere else.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2005, 06:10:35 PM »

I'd be happy to... Districts 1, 2, 3, or 5 would be great.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2005, 06:12:50 PM »

I'd be happy to... Districts 1, 2, 3, or 5 would be great.

You still won't provide an actual justification for this plea.  Tell me what I'm doing wrong as Senator.  Go on, tell me.  Show me what I've done wrong.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2005, 06:13:02 PM »

Okay, but given that you're going to need to have Tennessee moved out of the Southeastern Region to really get what you want, all I can say is "good luck".
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2005, 06:19:07 PM »

Okay, but given that you're going to need to have Tennessee moved out of the Southeastern Region to really get what you want, all I can say is "good luck".

Ready to spend half a year doing it, Don? Wink
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2005, 06:20:45 PM »

Ready to spend half a year doing it, Don? Wink

You were aided by being the only person living in New Mexico; meanwhile, Don has company in Tennessee, none of whom likely want to move his state out of the Southeastern Region.  I don't really think his goal is even possible to attain.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2005, 06:22:55 PM »

Why would I need to have Tennessee moved out of the Southeastern Region to get it out of District 4?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies