MAGA-teens harass Native American
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:11:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MAGA-teens harass Native American
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Author Topic: MAGA-teens harass Native American  (Read 26258 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2019, 02:26:36 PM »

Why is this thread 12 pages long?  Democrats completely lied. The media lied.  CNN lied.  It's all on video.  These white CHILDREN were victims of harassment and assault from Native American adults, as well as racist threats from African Americans protesting nearby.  There's nothing else to debate. 

Go back to Facebook, Aunt Becky!
Hollywood
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2019, 02:30:26 PM »

Why is this thread 12 pages long?  Democrats completely lied. The media lied.  CNN lied.  It's all on video.  These white CHILDREN were victims of harassment and assault from Native American adults, as well as racist threats from African Americans protesting nearby.  There's nothing else to debate. 

Go back to Facebook, Aunt Becky!

Is that Full House?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2019, 02:37:04 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2019, 02:41:19 PM by shua »

I lived in DC for four years and those Black Hebrew Israelites were the worst. They used to (and probably still do) stand on one of the busiest street corners in the city every Friday afternoon, in military garb with graphic posters of bloody fetuses, blasting everyone ending their workweek telling them they are going to hell, blasting white people, blasting Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. The main guy has a deep, baritone voice and uses a loudspeaker set at the maximum setting so you can literally hear him for blocks. Tourists from Ohio and locals alike. I'm not surprised that they were at the March for Life and if they were arguing with the students, I can understand why the boys were in a confrontational mood.

Liberals need to realize that racism is a two-way street. Yeah white folk have more institutional power and systemic advantage, but that doesn't mean POC racism isn't out there or that it isn't hurtful at all. It's hypocritical to blast it in one instance but ignore it in another.

The BHI cult weren't there as part of the March for Life.  They were standing there at the base of the steps to the Lincoln Memorial so they could yell at the Native American group that were gathered nearby, calling them idolators and saying that God had punished them for their sins by taking away their land. Once the students showed up, they directed their yelling mostly at them instead.

When I initially saw a very short video clip of the encounter with Phillips and the students, I found their behavior disturbing.  But the more I looked into this, the more striking thing is just the failure of adults on every side of this.  Yes, a lot of these students were acting immature and culturally insensitive. They should have been taught better.  They should have been advised not to wear MAGA hats, as this could cause distraction.  Where were the chaperones?  Maybe when crazy cultists are calling your students "f****ts" and "coons," or activists cuss at them at tell them they need to go back to Europe, it's time to adjust your plans and have them wait for the bus somewhere else!  And maybe the newsmedia shouldn't run with these students being the villains in this situation, with no criticism for the adults who were verbally attacking them & other adults.   Famous people tried to get minors doxxed and called them "punchable."  Meanwhile the school, the diocese, and a lot of influential Catholics and pro-lifers immediately went into self-preservation mode, harshly putting the blame on the kids in order to try to distance the controversy from their institutional reputations, before taking time to investigate and reflect.

While many of these students clearly need to learn how to display respect for American Indian cultures, they should at least be given some credit for the way they embraced the black boys among their group when they were singled out for abuse by the Black Israelites, or how they pushed back against their vicious anti-gay comments.  But of course they won't; doesn't fit the narrative.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2019, 02:47:28 PM »

I lived in DC for four years and those Black Hebrew Israelites were the worst. They used to (and probably still do) stand on one of the busiest street corners in the city every Friday afternoon, in military garb with graphic posters of bloody fetuses, blasting everyone ending their workweek telling them they are going to hell, blasting white people, blasting Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. The main guy has a deep, baritone voice and uses a loudspeaker set at the maximum setting so you can literally hear him for blocks. Tourists from Ohio and locals alike. I'm not surprised that they were at the March for Life and if they were arguing with the students, I can understand why the boys were in a confrontational mood.

Liberals need to realize that racism is a two-way street. Yeah white folk have more institutional power and systemic advantage, but that doesn't mean POC racism isn't out there or that it isn't hurtful at all. It's hypocritical to blast it in one instance but ignore it in another.

The BHI cult weren't there as part of the March for Life.  They were standing there at the base of the steps to the Lincoln Memorial so they could yell at the Native American group that were gathered nearby, calling them idolators and saying that God had punished them for their sins by taking away their land. Once the students showed up, they directed their yelling mostly at them instead.

When I initially saw a very short video clip of the encounter with Phillips and the students, I found their behavior disturbing.  But the more I looked into this, the more striking thing is just the failure of adults on every side of this.  Yes, a lot of these students were acting immature and culturally insensitive. They should have been taught better.  They should have been advised not to wear MAGA hats, as this could cause distraction.  Where were the chaperones?  Maybe when crazy cultists are calling your students "f****ts" and "coons," or activists cuss at them at tell them they need to go back to Europe, it's time to adjust your plans and have them wait for the bus somewhere else!  And maybe the newsmedia shouldn't run in this situation with these students being the villains in this situation, with no criticism for the adults who were verbally attacking them & other adults.   Famous people tried to get minors doxxed and called them "punchable."  Meanwhile the school, the diocese, and a lot of influential Catholics and pro-lifers immediately went into self-preservation mode, harshly putting the blame on the kids in order to try to distance the controversy from their institutional reputations, before taking time to investigate and reflect.

While many of these students clearly need to learn how to display respect for American Indian cultures, they should at least be given some credit for the way they embraced the black boys among their group when they were singled out for abuse by the Black Israelites, or how they pushed back against their vicious anti-gay comments.  But of course they won't; doesn't fit the narrative.
Excellent post.  I couldn't agree more.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2019, 02:53:19 PM »

I want to thank Snowguy for his posts in his thread, he inspired me to really look closer at this story, which before I assumed was open and shut. I frankly come down on the kids being largely innocent, for whatever that is worth, but I realize such things are open to interpretation. It seems to very much be a "what color is the dress" sort of thing.

My main issue with this is even if you think the kids should be punished, no one's really criticizing the Black Israelites who were shouting racist and homophobic slurs at this group for hours. Very few people aside from the fringiest of the fringe will defend them, and I'm not implying anyone here will. But I don't hear calls for them to be censured or suffer any negative ramifications for their actions either. Given that they are adults and in my view inarguabley created the negative, emotionally charged environment to begin with, I think it's a real blindspot to ignore their role in this and not pass any of the outrage on to them. Also worth noting that Mr. Phillips said that he got involved to begin with because he thought the students were about to attack the Israelites, a claim that I've not really seen supported in either the video or comments.

The main thing that unsettles me about this story is the quick escalation of hate. Several of the students have reported being doxxed, their family members threatened or harassed. Maybe they did act like dicks and brought it on themselves. But IMO at some point you have to wonder why that form of harassment and bullying will not be getting the media coverage(aside from the usual right wing sources) that the original story gets.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2019, 02:57:09 PM »

It's good that the parents are speaking out to such luminaries as Posobiec and Cernovich.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2019, 03:58:30 PM »

I want to thank Snowguy for his posts in his thread, he inspired me to really look closer at this story, which before I assumed was open and shut. I frankly come down on the kids being largely innocent, for whatever that is worth, but I realize such things are open to interpretation. It seems to very much be a "what color is the dress" sort of thing.

My main issue with this is even if you think the kids should be punished, no one's really criticizing the Black Israelites who were shouting racist and homophobic slurs at this group for hours. Very few people aside from the fringiest of the fringe will defend them, and I'm not implying anyone here will. But I don't hear calls for them to be censured or suffer any negative ramifications for their actions either. Given that they are adults and in my view inarguabley created the negative, emotionally charged environment to begin with, I think it's a real blindspot to ignore their role in this and not pass any of the outrage on to them. Also worth noting that Mr. Phillips said that he got involved to begin with because he thought the students were about to attack the Israelites, a claim that I've not really seen supported in either the video or comments.

The main thing that unsettles me about this story is the quick escalation of hate. Several of the students have reported being doxxed, their family members threatened or harassed. Maybe they did act like dicks and brought it on themselves. But IMO at some point you have to wonder why that form of harassment and bullying will not be getting the media coverage(aside from the usual right wing sources) that the original story gets.

That is literally all that group does, all day every day. Criticizing them for incivility would be as meaningful as criticizing the Westboro Baptist Church.
Hollywood
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2019, 04:46:41 PM »

That is literally all that group does, all day every day. Criticizing them for incivility would be as meaningful as criticizing the Westboro Baptist Church.

Criticizing them in this story is extremely meaningful.  For example, CNN felt it meaningful to flat-out lie about the Black Israelites being a bunch of peaceful protestors.  They actually described them victims of bigotry in this story.  So yes, it was meaningful for the left-wing agenda. 
Hollywood
« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2019, 05:04:14 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2019, 05:40:20 PM by TexasGurl »

You could see the entire left-wing propaganda arm coiling back from this story after evidence was pooled together by the right-wing.  They can't really argue against video evidence.  It was an embarrassment.  I think the main reason the left-wing wants to deny the right from all avenues of speech on the internet is to prevent this type of response against their propaganda.  

The left-wing media had a really bad week.  Two stories (This and Cohen story) both shattered immediately after publication.  Just more evidence that there has been a complete break-down in journalism.  
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #284 on: January 21, 2019, 05:57:21 PM »

Of course.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6616793/amp/Kentucky-Catholic-high-school-Lincoln-Memorial-clash-allowed-blackface-pep-rallies.html
Hollywood
« Reply #285 on: January 21, 2019, 06:01:50 PM »

Noticed immediately that there team color is all black.  lol.  I love how desperate you are.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2019, 06:04:40 PM »

I'm not even gonna take the bait on this one bud.
Hollywood
« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2019, 06:07:59 PM »

You already took the bait.  They painted themselves in their school's color.  You took it out of context, which is exactly what they media wanted you to do.  They set the bait and you bit. 
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2019, 06:12:56 PM »

You already took the bait.  They painted themselves in their school's color.  You took it out of context, which is exactly what they media wanted you to do.  They set the bait and you bit. 

I'm not an expert on that particular school, but Wikipedia says its colors are blue and white - not black.
Hollywood
« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2019, 06:15:07 PM »

You already took the bait.  They painted themselves in their school's color.  You took it out of context, which is exactly what they media wanted you to do.  They set the bait and you bit.  

I'm not an expert on that particular school, but Wikipedia says its colors are blue and white - not black.

I'm looking at the picture right now.  The Jersey's are black.  They had a prep rally that they called "blackout".  

The story had me for a second, but then I used my critical thinking skills. 
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2019, 06:15:56 PM »

I'm looking at the picture right now.  The Jersey's are black.  They had a prep rally that they called "blackout". 

To repeat, the school colors are blue and white.
Hollywood
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2019, 06:17:53 PM »

I'm looking at the picture right now.  The Jersey's are black.  They had a prep rally that they called "blackout". 

The picture shows that the school color is black.  The jersey's are black.  The shirts are black.  The court has black lines. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2019, 06:18:44 PM »

The picture shows that the school color is black.  The jersey's are black.  The shirts are black.  The court has black lines. 

The color of their souls.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2019, 06:20:04 PM »

I know what I think, I will put this here and let everyone come to their own conclusions.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2019, 06:21:10 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covington_Catholic_High_School
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2019, 06:23:40 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2019, 06:27:05 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Who among us has not gotten painted up for a blackout before? Are you even a living human being? Both high school and college were blue and white and blackouts occurred.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The prominence of skin-tight leggings in basketball and its ubiquitous availability in black has made this infinitely preferable to the cheaply produced 'white out' tees which are really lackluster designs at all but a few schools. A white tee and jeans to a basketball white-out with white face paint? Puh-lease. Black leggings, black shorts, black/white shoes, black shirt, black paint? Significantly greater and much more intimidating for opposing free throw shooters - even if it may not be for the television screens.

And if you have not harassed an opposing team's star with all your arsenal, I don't know what to say. You are not a true fan and have no hope in life. I always stood over the visitor's bench for this purpose.
Hollywood
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2019, 06:24:20 PM »

Yeah it says blue and white, but the seats, jerseys, shirts, and jerseys are all black. 
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2019, 06:25:20 PM »

Who among us has not gotten painted up for a blackout before? Are you even a living human being? Both high school and college were blue and white and blackouts occurred.

I've been to high school games before. I've never in my life seen a "blackout" before, and never even heard of it before until now.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2019, 06:26:22 PM »

Yeah it says blue and white, but the seats, jerseys, shirts, and jerseys are all black. 

Seriously? That's your argument?
Hollywood
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2019, 06:28:27 PM »

Seriously? That's your argument?

Dude I immediately noticed it in all the pictures.  The media is hoping you can't read between the lines.  It's not racist cause someone paints their entire black for a basketball game. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies