MAGA-teens harass Native American
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 04:07:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MAGA-teens harass Native American
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
Author Topic: MAGA-teens harass Native American  (Read 26325 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2019, 11:52:39 AM »

They weren’t black muslims...they were black israelites which is a toxic hate movement.  They shouod be condemned wherever they go.  I can guarantee they were spewing racist and very homophobic slurs at the kids, because that’s basically all they do.

Then the Natives march right in between them trying to diffuse the situation.  The kids were being disrespectful to the Natives but the entire situation was already toxic before they even got there.

The Native Americans are the only group of the three that I sympathize with here.  But this whole episode is a perfect example of our utterly broken race relations.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2019, 11:54:59 AM »

Nazis on Facebook are of course defending the students.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2019, 12:42:53 PM »

The Future Deplorables of America.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2019, 12:49:04 PM »

I know I shouldn't be surprised but the trutherism on this thread is staggering.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2019, 01:14:06 PM »

Nazis on Facebook in Atlas are of course defending the students.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »

I know I shouldn't be surprised but the trutherism on this thread is staggering.
The right wingers perhaps with their angry defense of the catholic boys...but this story is being presented from a very narrow angle...and the amount of kneejerk reaction outrage at this is also staggering.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2019, 02:14:16 PM »

I HATE how the march for life has been commandeered to become just another MAGA rally. These scummy children have no idea what being pro-life is supposed to be about. They’ve brought shame on the movement and catholic high schools.

To be fair, the march has brought this on themselves for cozying up to Trump and inviting deplorables like Ben Shapiro to speak.

Horse Manure!

People DO have a right to wear a MAGA hat in public.  It's not a "racist symbol", much as some wish to make it so.  The behavior of these kids is regrettable, and they'll bring down on themselves what they have wroght, but let's stop the nonsense here.

But racists have appropriated the symbol. The idea of restoring a nation's "greatness" is often a cover for fascistic imperialism, as in the slogan "Restore the glory of the Roman Empire" in fascist Italy. (Rather silly when one considers that some other countries -- Spain, France, Portugal, and Romania have similar claim as successors of the whole Roman Empire; Greece and Turkey are potential claimants to be successors of the Eastern (Byzantine) Empire, Imperial Russia claimed to be the "Third Rome", and the two great English-speaking powers Britain and America have similar claims to be a Fourth.

Even the much-hated swastika (which is acceptable on Buddhist and Jain temples wherein it is far older than Nazism and has no connection to it) used to be non-racist. There is obviously no question about what a symbol Hitler fell in love with now means. 

It appeared on Arizona highway signs alluding to the First People's heritage (it is on an arrowhead) in the 1920s before Hitler gave the symbol a vile connotation. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As advanced as a pre-born baby must be to allow a partial-birth abortion, an abortion of this sort is the type that no woman could undergo except in medical  distress in which the alternatives are to terminate the birth or allow the woman to die. At the stage at which this is done, the woman almost certainly has some emotional bond to the pre-born baby. A woman has to be convinced that such an abortion is a medical necessity, and that takes a physician explaining the stark medical choices.

Unless someone is completely unfeeling, abortion is not someone undergoes as a triviality.

As for abortion to remove a fetus or embryo that will never have any chance of viability -- such is necessity. An abortion of an embryo or fetus that results from rape? Why should the woman reward a rapist with offspring, especially if she can never love the child.   

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It may be necessity and not convenience. Even if I consider abortion a right, some abortions, such as those that have the objective of allowing someone to continue with a hedonistic way of life or continue earning an income impossible if a woman is an advanced pregnancy, are repugnant. It is best that women have easy access to birth control and the right to say no to unwelcome sex -- and that men have no right to administer date-rape drugs to potential victims.

Know well: much of the 'pro-life' cause is hostile to contraception in any form.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2019, 02:26:16 PM »

... People DO have a right to wear a MAGA hat in public.  It's not a "racist symbol", much as some wish to make it so.  The behavior of these kids is regrettable, and they'll bring down on themselves what they have wroght, but let's stop the nonsense here.

alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2019, 02:35:22 PM »

I support the Covington Boys.
American_Aristocracy
Rookie

« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2019, 02:49:23 PM »

If I'm completely honest, Conservatives defending X are some of the most entertaining threads to read.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2019, 03:29:36 PM »

This thread degenerated in exactly the way that Atlas threads tend to degenerate. Some news story is posted, more often than not a negative piece on Republicans or Trump supporters (given the ideological bias of many on this forum), the right-leaning side tries to defend it, and the left-leaning side savages them, calling them "bigots" and "hateful" and other such names. And it all turns out to become a pointless argument that will leave nothing resolved, only inflames tensions, and sets the groundwork for the next argument. I guess this is what you get when you have a bunch of testosterone-fueled males (for this is a male-dominated forum), who are determined to prove that they are the "better man", and to run over their opponents.

And it's something that once again, the left-leaning posters on here are confusing Fuzzy Bear with being a Republican. When he has made clear, many times, that he doesn't align with that Party on many issues, and when he has told us about his Democratic past. For these posters, you must grovel at the altar of liberalism down the line, lest you be called out and denounced as evil.

Fuzzy is an "independent" the same way every deranged Obama-hating fanatic in 2010 was independent because they thought the GOP wasn't insane enough for their liking.

We live in a two-party system and you are, for all intents and purposes, "part of" the party whose candidates you vote for the majority of the time. If you voted for Trump, you are a Republican. If you voted for Trump, you certainly have no place in the Democratic Party.

Wow! You can kiss the Obama-Trump voters goodbye with this. If the Democratic Party as a whole pursues this strategy in 2020, it might make it possible for Trump to win the Electoral College again. And it would only worsen political polarization. Fuzzy Bear, moreover, voted for Nelson and Gillum last year, and he's an "Obama-Trump voter", who is not definitive on voting for Trump in 2020. You and other left-leaning Atlas posters might just push him down that path with the way you treat him.

For once, Catherina right. The better and more exact analysis would be if you STILL support without at least SUBSTANTIAL RESERVATIONS, there is a 99% chance you have no room in the current Democratic Party.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2019, 03:31:58 PM »

The mom of the staring kid says the “black Muslims” were intimidating her son first.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/maga-hat-donald-trump-native-american-covington-catholic-nathan-phillips-black-muslims-a8737186.html
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2019, 03:36:36 PM »

The thread title is a lie.  The Native American walked into the crowd of Trump supporters, and beat his drum in the face of teenager.  If anything, the teenager was being harassed/provoked by the Native American adult.

As the Native American is drumming the "AIM song", the teens actually appear to be joining.  I guess that might be a form of mocking, but that's a pretty weak claims.  The Native American then walks over to another teenager, and beats his drum 8-12 inches from the teenagers face.  The teenager smirks.  Boo hoo.

This is just another fabricated outrage story from left-wing media outlets.  At best, it was exaggerated. 

Yes, the kids were just joining in and there was no mockery involved whatsoever. Right up there with their immediately chanting thereafter build the wall.

Tell me, does racism truly require that much mental gymnastics? Truly interested.
Can you provide a link to the kids chanting "build the wall" to Mr. Phillips and his group, I haven't found it anywhere yet.

Yeah.  I didn't see it either.  Badger, can you please present some evidence of the boarder wall chant?  I'm eager to find out whether this is just another falsification by the Democrats.  There's been so many.  I just want to add it to my running list. 

Sadly, while I had just reviewed a news report referencing it just before posting us last night, I can no longer find it. My best suggestion is, a, Google is your friend, and B, although it is admittedly quite difficult to hear what the little s*** heads are chanting in the background, I believe I can hear it. 49.9% chance it's merely the power of suggestion? Quite possibly. Nevertheless, I find it hard to doubt.

Can I just stay up for the third time, though, that we need to quit parsing this video like the freaking Zapruder film? Down, and to the left. Down, and to the left. Enough! It completely ignores the major issue that a bunch of privilege Suburban white conservatives thought it perfectly okay from their parental upbringing and Parochial School educational background 2 mockingly chant add a racial minority. If you really, REALLY have to justify this based on who approach to or who moved back into the left first, you already lost the argument. These so-called children, most of whom appear to be at or within a year of voting age population, for absolute little racist s*** and completely Unapologetic about it.

The defense of the indefensible in this thread is.... As telling as it is disgusting.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2019, 03:37:32 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2019, 03:40:39 PM by Jacobin American »

I know you meant that sarcastically, but America was never great. It’s a society built on a foundation of hypocrisy, slavery, mass exploitation, genocide, cultural appropriation, oppression, and war crimes. These have been perpetrated by every party, every President, and a significant portion of American citizens who’ve happily and actively taken part in lynchings, mob violence against oppressed groups, theft of land, enslavement of other human beings, mass exploitation and appropriation of labor and its value, and unspeakable horrors against “enemies.” America is a land uniquely (but not exclusively, by any means) soaked in the blood and screams of tortured souls and crushed bodies.

The continued mistreatment of and disrespect for Natives whose land we occupy through theft and extermination is only one manifestation of this spirit that haunts our nation. Folks like Trump have only been happy to exploit and encourage such sociopathic, inhumane behavior for the sake of financial, political, and social gain. Same with the entire Republican Party and elements of the Democratic Party.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2019, 03:50:27 PM »

As of now, people with a lot of money who are affiliated with the diocese are spreading fake news on Facebook to defend the students.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2019, 03:56:46 PM »

As of now, people with a lot of money who are affiliated with the diocese are spreading fake news on Facebook to defend the students.

I don't know about the lots of money part, but yes, Twitter is much the same. All using the same Zapruder film analysis to ignore the basic fact that this mob of kids racistly mocked I'm going to worry. Like if somehow and African-American civil rights March involved a US Army veteran who approached this mob of suburban affluence singing We Shall Overcome, that approaching some how would you justify the kids loudly enthusiastically singing The Jeffersons theme song as a modern-day Minstrel show. This was, incidentally, something I profoundly remember from a field trip for my own literally 99.5 + percent white high school
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2019, 03:59:06 PM »

I was privately educated Catholic. While in the UK, the whole pro-life thing has virtually no clout and no presence, we had a pro-life club which was probably the weirdest sh**t I've ever encountered, but thankfully made me pro-choice from a very young age. It was seen as 'very normal' to put up pictures of dismembered fetuses on notice boards. It was also a club you joined if you wanted some clout. Transplant this to a country that fetishises the unborn, none of this is surprising.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2019, 04:03:25 PM »

I hope one day that my sons become as upstanding human beings as these brave and virtuous boys.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2019, 04:15:58 PM »

The school is apologizing because their students acted like jerks on camera and got caught.  I'm sure that they all violated some sort of rules of deportment the school has, and they can't defend themselves on that score.

But the idea that these kids actively harassed Nathan Phillips is ridiculous.  They ran into a guy with bigger stones than they had, and far more self control.  That's what I saw on the video.  I saw Nathan Phillips approach these kids and refuse to back down or go in another direction.  Mr. Phillips, at no time, had his ingress and egress blocked.

People on Atlas want to believe that a Mob of White Preppies actively harassed a Native American and all because of his race.  And, of course, they were wearing MAGA hats, which, of course, are just like swastikas, so they feel comfortable driving the narrative, insisting that they are "racists".  And racists they may be.  The Black Hebrew Israelites on scene were defended here until Snowguy pointed out who they are.  (They are considered a "black supremacist" group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.)  These folks are who they are and they did what they did.

These distorted narratives, which occur solely for manipulative purposes, do not serve truth, but they do serve the purposes of inflaming people wrongly, and to the point where they will not wish to hear the voice of any kind of reason.  The embrace of these false narratives sadly shows me that there are no Peacemakers on Atlas.  Calthrina950, who gets lots of undeserved flak, isn't wrong about many of his observations; who here could function as a Peacemaker if they even wanted to?  And one reason many folks here can't be Peacemakers is because they have wedded themselves to False Narratives and are not stuck with them.

I don't want Scorched Earth here.  Let the MAGA kids deal with their school for legitimate rule violations.  Let's admire Nathan Phillips' reasonable display of counterprotesting, but without making him out to be a victim.  (His words actually are the most sensible in all of this.)  This incident isn't what the thread title says it is.  You don't have to agree entirely with Hollywood and Jeffster to come to that conclusion.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2019, 04:16:16 PM »

Respectfully disagree. Wow one can't deny the presence of all the various bills you described in American history, slavery, displacement in murder of indigenous people, Etc, they're ours not a country on the planet that does not have some of the same whores in its background. That does not make it acceptable in the slightest in some perverse type of whataboutism, of course. However, any real an honest assessment of America's place in the world and history needs to take an honest assessment and comparison of Americas failings in the area she described, as well as what he has conversely benefited the world with.

I will readily admit that America was never perfect, nor even close. But I also know that no other country I can think of was ever comparably closer. Perhaps our greatest stain on History, slavery, was to at least some degree, if certainly not a full Reckoning, paid for by this country by its willingness to waged its most bloody armed conflict in history against itself in order to exercise That Hideous institutions stain. Even if there are cretons in lost causes today to still inexplicably venerate it.

Our nearly equal worst actions has been the displacement and repeated Massacre of Native Americans. This is going to sound like Manifest Destiny, but one cannot ignore the fact that millions of Europeans were able to flea oppressive and socially rigid living conditions in Europe to the United States because there were millions of square miles open up. Yes, that does not excuse it, but it is a simple empirical fact that America would not have accepted Lee millions of people yearning to breathe free, who eventually did, without wide-open Western spaces. To say it could have been done better is, of course the understatement of the century, or rather just over two centuries to be exact. It further also created a strong unified nation that, were not existing, literally could have meant the difference between Hitler conquering Europe or not. That is a simple fact. It could have been done Vaseline Vaseline Vaseline more favorably and appropriately for Native Americans, and I cannot emphasize how much this is not meant to justify the appropriation of native land and culture, Plus in too many cases actual lives, but it also led to defeating Hitler, the Marshall Plan, and being enlarged supplier of foreign aid in world history.

And just as a little bit extra of Apt comparison, this was done with only relative minimal levels of outright imperialism, especially as compared to the European powers where their activities were at best, the horrors of occupying India, to it best the outright genocide in the Belgian Congo.

Finally, the very institution of American constitutional democracy was such a leap in advance over the English system at the time, that created a true Birthright of modern day democracy that, although not the sole source, helped engender democratic ideals and blueprints for popular governs for much of the rest of the world.

Yes, for all her many many intractable and Beyond shameful sins, America was and is still great. It's just pathetic that we allowed a wannabe fascist dictator and utterly corrupt camp drag down our ideals in the name of nativism.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2019, 04:36:34 PM »

... All using the same Zapruder film analysis to ignore the basic fact that this mob of kids racistly mocked ...

This is really what this entire incident comes down to.
All those wasted pages from Jeffster posting over and over again how at 24 seconds into the video one of the kids picked his nose, and at 32-1/2 seconds another kid shifted right to itch his butt is deflection from the disgusting mob of chanting/laughing/mocking the Native Americans and their customs/ways.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2019, 04:38:25 PM »

This thread degenerated in exactly the way that Atlas threads tend to degenerate. Some news story is posted, more often than not a negative piece on Republicans or Trump supporters (given the ideological bias of many on this forum), the right-leaning side tries to defend it, and the left-leaning side savages them, calling them "bigots" and "hateful" and other such names. And it all turns out to become a pointless argument that will leave nothing resolved, only inflames tensions, and sets the groundwork for the next argument. I guess this is what you get when you have a bunch of testosterone-fueled males (for this is a male-dominated forum), who are determined to prove that they are the "better man", and to run over their opponents.

And it's something that once again, the left-leaning posters on here are confusing Fuzzy Bear with being a Republican. When he has made clear, many times, that he doesn't align with that Party on many issues, and when he has told us about his Democratic past. For these posters, you must grovel at the altar of liberalism down the line, lest you be called out and denounced as evil.

Fuzzy is an "independent" the same way every deranged Obama-hating fanatic in 2010 was independent because they thought the GOP wasn't insane enough for their liking.

We live in a two-party system and you are, for all intents and purposes, "part of" the party whose candidates you vote for the majority of the time. If you voted for Trump, you are a Republican. If you voted for Trump, you certainly have no place in the Democratic Party.

Wow! You can kiss the Obama-Trump voters goodbye with this. If the Democratic Party as a whole pursues this strategy in 2020, it might make it possible for Trump to win the Electoral College again. And it would only worsen political polarization. Fuzzy Bear, moreover, voted for Nelson and Gillum last year, and he's an "Obama-Trump voter", who is not definitive on voting for Trump in 2020. You and other left-leaning Atlas posters might just push him down that path with the way you treat him.

For once, Catherina right. The better and more exact analysis would be if you STILL support without at least SUBSTANTIAL RESERVATIONS, there is a 99% chance you have no room in the current Democratic Party.

Wrong on this score, as well. There are many former Democratic voters who still strongly support Trump because they feel disillusioned with the national Democratic Party on many different issues, and are at a complete disconnect with the Party.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2019, 04:41:19 PM »

Wrong on this score, as well. There are many former Democratic voters who still strongly support Trump because they feel disillusioned with the national Democratic Party on many different issues, and are at a complete disconnect with the Party.

"many former Democratic voters who still strongly support trump." "Many?"
LOL.
How delusional can you possible be?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2019, 04:49:23 PM »

"many former Democratic voters who still strongly support trump." "Many?"
LOL.
How delusional can you possible be?

Perhaps if you bothered to look at the facts rather than throw out ad hominem attacks, I would hold you in higher regard. Places like Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Eastern Kentucky, Eastern Ohio, Michigan, Downstate Illinois, etc. have trended heavily Republican over the past two decades. Trump got more than 60% or 70% of the vote in many counties (i.e. McDowell County, West Virginia; Washington County, Pennsylvania) that Bill Clinton won as recently as 1996, and where John Kerry, as recently as 2004, was still getting decent numbers. West Virginia's Republican trend has been fueled, in part, by the defection of many voters from their prior Democratic allegiances. Yes, some of it is generational turnover, but there are still many alive who voted for Clinton, or Gore, or Kerry, or Obama, who are now Republican down the line.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2019, 04:52:11 PM »

If by " many former Democratic voters" you mean septuagenarians who haven't voted for a Democrat for president since before Bill Clinton, and whom remain " economically anxious" over the proliferation of immigrants out in public where everyone can see them, then yes, your otherwise spittle dribble of a post is at least, in the most generously imaginable form of the phrase, partially correct.

Of course the post would be a lot more convincing even for that scintilla of a percent nominally correct portion if it wasn't promoted by a chronic right-wing hack who virtue signals " both sides do it" like a repeating Loop sample.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies