MAGA-teens harass Native American
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:11:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MAGA-teens harass Native American
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20
Author Topic: MAGA-teens harass Native American  (Read 26247 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2019, 11:29:54 PM »

This thread degenerated in exactly the way that Atlas threads tend to degenerate. Some news story is posted, more often than not a negative piece on Republicans or Trump supporters (given the ideological bias of many on this forum), the right-leaning side tries to defend it, and the left-leaning side savages them, calling them "bigots" and "hateful" and other such names. And it all turns out to become a pointless argument that will leave nothing resolved, only inflames tensions, and sets the groundwork for the next argument. I guess this is what you get when you have a bunch of testosterone-fueled males (for this is a male-dominated forum), who are determined to prove that they are the "better man", and to run over their opponents.

And it's something that once again, the left-leaning posters on here are confusing Fuzzy Bear with being a Republican. When he has made clear, many times, that he doesn't align with that Party on many issues, and when he has told us about his Democratic past. For these posters, you must grovel at the altar of liberalism down the line, lest you be called out and denounced as evil.

Fuzzy is an "independent" the same way every deranged Obama-hating fanatic in 2010 was independent because they thought the GOP wasn't insane enough for their liking.

We live in a two-party system and you are, for all intents and purposes, "part of" the party whose candidates you vote for the majority of the time. If you voted for Trump, you are a Republican. If you voted for Trump, you certainly have no place in the Democratic Party.

Wow! You can kiss the Obama-Trump voters goodbye with this. If the Democratic Party as a whole pursues this strategy in 2020, it might make it possible for Trump to win the Electoral College again. And it would only worsen political polarization. Fuzzy Bear, moreover, voted for Nelson and Gillum last year, and he's an "Obama-Trump voter", who is not definitive on voting for Trump in 2020. You and other left-leaning Atlas posters might just push him down that path with the way you treat him.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2019, 11:30:16 PM »

So I guess Indy Texas thinks banging a drum a foot away from a persons head is the same as wanting to sit down at a lunch counter and get food. That's basically what you get if you follow the logic of their comparison. Seriously, some of you guys are going nuts online about this issue, doxxing and threatening violence against a kid, all based on a biased reporting of the incident.

I don't know if anybody here is reading Jeffster or not, but from the video he himself provided, his description is not accurate.  At around the 30 second mark in the video, Nathan Phillips stops moving, and that kid is several feet away. When the  video cuts back to Nathan Phillips at around 35 seconds, the kid is pretty much in his face.  Jeffster is wrong about who moved up to who.

Towards the end, Nathan Phillips steps back and the kid moves forward to stay in Phillips' face.

Watch again. At around 31 seconds as the camera turns there is a row of kids in front of the smiling kid, but when the camera turns and comes back at about 39-40 seconds they are gone and you can clearly see Phillips stepping forward. Then at 45-46 seconds Phillips takes another step toward the kid. Then around 50-51 seconds you can see Phillips raise his drum up to the kids face. So you are either blind or a liar. Phillips did not remain stationary, he was moving.

https://youtu.be/sIG5ZB0fw1k?t=30

Completely false.  Phillips moves from side to side, not forward.  He also does not raise his drum to the kids face, he raises it, but moves it closer to his own face.  You are a liar.
Oh now he only moved side to side, but in your last post you said he was stationary. And while standing close to the kid he raises his drum, but he doesn't move it closer to the kids face, even though you can see the final placement of the drum is closer to the kids face than before he raised it. Come on stop lying. The camera person along with Phillips and his entourage were all moving forward as some of the kids were leaving the front of the crowd. The smiling kid was in the same spot and Phillips and his group moved toward him.

I was looking for forward motion, not side to side.  
You keep lying. AT 45-47 seconds you can clearly see Phillips stepping toward the kid as his left shoulder moves away from the camera increasing the distance between himself and the camera as he moves toward the kid. Then the camera person moves forward closing the distance in order to get close enough to video the two of them. He was clearly moving forward toward the smiling kid.

He moves from side to side, the kid comes from nowhere.
Phillips, his entourage, and the camera person were all moving forward. Look at 38 seconds. You can see the other Native American man in the black coat holding up a camera behind Phillips looks down at the ground to see where he's going as he steps forward. Then that same man in the black coat leans forward to video the smiling kid, but Phillips steps in front of him to get closer to the kid.

You are lying.
You just keep denying the facts shown in the video, and have already been found lying with your initial claim Phillips wasn't moving after the 30 second mark. Why should we believe anything you say?

I explained what I was looking for.  What's your excuse for lying about all your claims?

Go to every timestamp that I wrote above and you tell us who was moving and in what direction at those timestamps then. You said I lied in all my clams then you can go through and disprove them.

I already have: the kid comes from nowhere.  Phillips would have had to have moved several feet forward to have stood in front of him.  He only moves from side to side and not forward, but he certainly does not move several feet forward.

The kid was the one who was making a show of standing there with the moronic smirk on his face.  Putting two and two together it's clear he moved to be in front of Phillips so that he could do that.

If you want to argue this, please explain where the kid comes from.

You never addressed the Native American man in the black coat behind Phillips, he looks down at the ground and steps forward following behind Phillips. If Phillips was only moving side to side, then there would have been no place for that man in the black coat to step forward.

You can see the smiling kid at around 9-10 seconds and at 25-26 seconds and at 32-33 seconds as the camera keep turning side to side. He was only a few feet away from the camera at that point. He didn't come from out of nowhere. You keep lying.

If I step to one side, amazingly that allows the person behind me to step forward.
If one person is moving side to side and another steps into their space when they are on the left then wouldn't they be in the way when that person steps sideways back to the right? So how did Phillips end up in front of the man in the black coat?

And you can see the kid is in the same spot for all three timestamps I listed, so he didn't come out of nowhere.

Why are you being such a troll on this and constantly lying?

I meant he is moving to one side.  As the camera pans away at the 51 second mark, the kid is several feet away, when it comes back at the 56 second mark, the kid is standing right in front of him.  None of the other times are important, it's that point where the kid is standing in front, and the kid clearly moved forward, and not Mr Phillips.

I'm not sure why the times in the video changed.
Jeffster
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2019, 11:40:23 PM »

So I guess Indy Texas thinks banging a drum a foot away from a persons head is the same as wanting to sit down at a lunch counter and get food. That's basically what you get if you follow the logic of their comparison. Seriously, some of you guys are going nuts online about this issue, doxxing and threatening violence against a kid, all based on a biased reporting of the incident.

I don't know if anybody here is reading Jeffster or not, but from the video he himself provided, his description is not accurate.  At around the 30 second mark in the video, Nathan Phillips stops moving, and that kid is several feet away. When the  video cuts back to Nathan Phillips at around 35 seconds, the kid is pretty much in his face.  Jeffster is wrong about who moved up to who.

Towards the end, Nathan Phillips steps back and the kid moves forward to stay in Phillips' face.

Watch again. At around 31 seconds as the camera turns there is a row of kids in front of the smiling kid, but when the camera turns and comes back at about 39-40 seconds they are gone and you can clearly see Phillips stepping forward. Then at 45-46 seconds Phillips takes another step toward the kid. Then around 50-51 seconds you can see Phillips raise his drum up to the kids face. So you are either blind or a liar. Phillips did not remain stationary, he was moving.

Completely false.  Phillips moves from side to side, not forward.  He also does not raise his drum to the kids face, he raises it, but moves it closer to his own face.  You are a liar.
Oh now he only moved side to side, but in your last post you said he was stationary. And while standing close to the kid he raises his drum, but he doesn't move it closer to the kids face, even though you can see the final placement of the drum is closer to the kids face than before he raised it. Come on stop lying. The camera person along with Phillips and his entourage were all moving forward as some of the kids were leaving the front of the crowd. The smiling kid was in the same spot and Phillips and his group moved toward him.

You keep lying. AT 45-47 seconds you can clearly see Phillips stepping toward the kid as his left shoulder moves away from the camera increasing the distance between himself and the camera as he moves toward the kid. Then the camera person moves forward closing the distance in order to get close enough to video the two of them. He was clearly moving forward toward the smiling kid.

Phillips, his entourage, and the camera person were all moving forward. Look at 38 seconds. You can see the other Native American man in the black coat holding up a camera behind Phillips looks down at the ground to see where he's going as he steps forward. Then that same man in the black coat leans forward to video the smiling kid, but Phillips steps in front of him to get closer to the kid.

You are lying.
You just keep denying the facts shown in the video, and have already been found lying with your initial claim Phillips wasn't moving after the 30 second mark. Why should we believe anything you say?

I explained what I was looking for.  What's your excuse for lying about all your claims?

Go to every timestamp that I wrote above and you tell us who was moving and in what direction at those timestamps then. You said I lied in all my clams then you can go through and disprove them.

I already have: the kid comes from nowhere.  Phillips would have had to have moved several feet forward to have stood in front of him.  He only moves from side to side and not forward, but he certainly does not move several feet forward.

The kid was the one who was making a show of standing there with the moronic smirk on his face.  Putting two and two together it's clear he moved to be in front of Phillips so that he could do that.

You never addressed the Native American man in the black coat behind Phillips, he looks down at the ground and steps forward following behind Phillips. If Phillips was only moving side to side, then there would have been no place for that man in the black coat to step forward.

You can see the smiling kid at around 9-10 seconds and at 25-26 seconds and at 32-33 seconds as the camera keep turning side to side. He was only a few feet away from the camera at that point. He didn't come from out of nowhere. You keep lying.

If I step to one side, amazingly that allows the person behind me to step forward.
If one person is moving side to side and another steps into their space when they are on the left then wouldn't they be in the way when that person steps sideways back to the right? So how did Phillips end up in front of the man in the black coat?

And you can see the kid is in the same spot for all three timestamps I listed, so he didn't come out of nowhere.

I meant he is moving to one side.  As the camera pans away at the 51 second mark, the kid is several feet away, when it comes back at the 56 second mark, the kid is standing right in front of him.  None of the other times are important, it's that point where the kid is standing in front, and the kid clearly moved forward, and not Mr Phillips.

Here is the link stamped at 51 seconds. https://youtu.be/sIG5ZB0fw1k?t=51

By that point the kid and Phillips were already facing each other and in their final positions, it's the camera that is being moved as the camera person turns it to get them in frame and then raises the camera up and forward to get a closer view. I don't know what video you are watching but what you described did not happen between 51-56 seconds.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2019, 11:43:09 PM »

You are lying.

By that point the kid and Phillips were already facing each other and in their final positions, it's the camera that is being moved as the camera person turns it to get them in frame and then raises the camera up and forward to get a closer view. I don't know what video you are watching but what you described did not happen between 51-56 seconds.

I'm not sure what's going on with the time stamps, the time keeps changing on me.  I think this has been gone over enough, people can see for themselves that I'm correct on this.
Jeffster
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2019, 11:47:35 PM »

You are lying.

I'm not sure what's going on with the time stamps, the time keeps changing on me.  I think this has been gone over enough, people can see for themselves that I'm correct on this.

Bullcrap. You keep lying, and nothing you described in that previous post was correct. I've given you two links, with the last one timestamped to the period you incorrectly described. Anyone that opens my links and looks at the times I listed will see what I'm describing and see you are a liar.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2019, 01:57:18 AM »

Is anyone surprised that liberals would object to whites and non-whites interacting innocently in the same space?

The Democrat Party: Segregation yesterday, segregation today, segregation tomorrow.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2019, 02:06:05 AM »

Is anyone surprised that liberals would object to whites and non-whites interacting innocently in the same space?

The Democrat Party: Segregation yesterday, segregation today, segregation tomorrow.

LMAO, please tell me these claims are sarcasm.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2019, 02:06:14 AM »

Why is this video a thing
Jeffster
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2019, 02:13:14 AM »

https://youtu.be/t3EC1_gcr34?t=4322
Here is a new video showing Phillips walking into the crowd of students. Some are claiming he wanted to get to the Memorial, but the kids were blocking his path, but when you watch the video you can see unobstructed paths up the stairs to the Monument to the right of the students group. He chose to walk into the crowd banging his drum. It also should be noted that this video is a copy of a livestream by a handful of black protesters who were hurling the N-word and homophobic comments at the students.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2019, 02:30:58 AM »

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/ky-catholic-teens-maga-taunts-native-american/

The mother of this puke stain has spoken. Her words are unsurprising
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2019, 02:31:25 AM »

This thread degenerated in exactly the way that Atlas threads tend to degenerate. Some news story is posted, more often than not a negative piece on Republicans or Trump supporters (given the ideological bias of many on this forum), the right-leaning side tries to defend it, and the left-leaning side savages them, calling them "bigots" and "hateful" and other such names. And it all turns out to become a pointless argument that will leave nothing resolved, only inflames tensions, and sets the groundwork for the next argument. I guess this is what you get when you have a bunch of testosterone-fueled males (for this is a male-dominated forum), who are determined to prove that they are the "better man", and to run over their opponents.

And it's something that once again, the left-leaning posters on here are confusing Fuzzy Bear with being a Republican. When he has made clear, many times, that he doesn't align with that Party on many issues, and when he has told us about his Democratic past. For these posters, you must grovel at the altar of liberalism down the line, lest you be called out and denounced as evil.

Dispose degenerated the exact same way that everyone from c a l t h r i n a does. It'd cameras on about both sides ISM, but at the end of the day fall squarely down on anti-political correctness being a conservative hack yada yada yada.

Seriously man. You haven't had a new thing to post on any given subject since you've been here. You can go now. You've made your point in literally the first 72 hours you were here. Everything else your post is extraneous. This post is a perfect example. Kthnxbye.
Hollywood
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2019, 02:49:30 AM »

The thread title is a lie.  The Native American walked into the crowd of Trump supporters, and beat his drum in the face of teenager.  If anything, the teenager was being harassed/provoked by the Native American adult.

As the Native American is drumming the "AIM song", the teens actually appear to be joining.  I guess that might be a form of mocking, but that's a pretty weak claims.  The Native American then walks over to another teenager, and beats his drum 8-12 inches from the teenagers face.  The teenager smirks.  Boo hoo.

This is just another fabricated outrage story from left-wing media outlets.  At best, it was exaggerated. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2019, 03:02:25 AM »

The thread title is a lie.  The Native American walked into the crowd of Trump supporters, and beat his drum in the face of teenager.  If anything, the teenager was being harassed/provoked by the Native American adult.

As the Native American is drumming the "AIM song", the teens actually appear to be joining.  I guess that might be a form of mocking, but that's a pretty weak claims.  The Native American then walks over to another teenager, and beats his drum 8-12 inches from the teenagers face.  The teenager smirks.  Boo hoo.

This is just another fabricated outrage story from left-wing media outlets.  At best, it was exaggerated. 

Yes, the kids were just joining in and there was no mockery involved whatsoever. Right up there with their immediately chanting thereafter build the wall.

Tell me, does racism truly require that much mental gymnastics? Truly interested.
Jeffster
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2019, 03:12:57 AM »

Yes, the kids were just joining in and there was no mockery involved whatsoever. Right up there with their immediately chanting thereafter build the wall.

Tell me, does racism truly require that much mental gymnastics? Truly interested.
Can you provide a link to the kids chanting "build the wall" to Mr. Phillips and his group, I haven't found it anywhere yet.
Hollywood
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2019, 03:29:44 AM »

Aren't you the guy that calls Republicans snowflakes on a daily basis?  This can't really bother you.  It's a bunch of children playing along with the Native American man that had no business confronting children.  An adult approaches children with a drum, beating the drum in the faces of the children, but you condemn these children as if they weren't provoked.

OMG they chanted "build the wall".  The snowflake community must be up in arms.  How about the racist remarks thrown at them by the African American adults?  No condemnation for the adults making racist statements towards children.  Tell me, does racism require this many mental gymnastics? 

In reality, there was almost zero conduct that could be considered racist by the white children.  They were the victims of racist remarks from African American adults, and were subjected to harassment by an adult playing the drums.  They were entirely provoked.   When did it suddenly become okay for leftists over the age of 18 to target children peacefully sitting on a stoop awaiting their bus? 
Hollywood
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2019, 03:47:05 AM »

Can you provide a link to the kids chanting "build the wall" to Mr. Phillips and his group, I haven't found it anywhere yet.

Yeah.  I didn't see it either.  Badger, can you please present some evidence of the boarder wall chant?  I'm eager to find out whether this is just another falsification by the Democrats.  There's been so many.  I just want to add it to my running list. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2019, 05:57:49 AM »

No wonder the Kentucky Cincinnati suburbs are considered one of the worst places in America.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2019, 06:44:53 AM »

The high school has issued a statement sincerely apologizing to Nathan Phillips for the behavior of its students.  They also indicate that expulsions may follow.

Is America Great Again, yet?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2019, 07:08:45 AM »

But wait, jeffster told me these kids were the victims here?
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2019, 07:21:51 AM »

American history in a nutshell, white settlers running over natives.
That's not completely true. Sometimes the natives either died by diseases, fighting other tribes, or they just sold some land.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2019, 07:39:30 AM »

... now jeffster, please proceed as to explaining how these douches weren't being racist assholes based on their overall conduct, not whether or not the Native American Veteran approach them or vice versa.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2019, 08:16:44 AM »

The kids are not victims.  They acted obnoxiously in public, and will face consequences for that, some of which are deserved.

But the idea that these kids harassed Nathan Phillips is ridiculous.  Mr. Phillips used the opportunity to play his own mind game with them.  And he won!  I've got no problem with this.  But let's not frame the issue as something it's not.  Mr. Phillips worked that crowd, and stared that one kid down (the goofy, creepy kid), and he had the mental discipline to do it, whereas these kids had the mental discipline of Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick Star.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2019, 08:25:14 AM »

Yeah.  I didn't see it either.  Badger, can you please present some evidence of the boarder wall chant?  I'm eager to find out whether this is just another falsification by the Democrats.  There's been so many.  I just want to add it to my running list. 

I hope you're not holding your breath.

The Atlas Left can't let a Convenient Narrative go to waste, however questionable it may be.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2019, 10:32:43 AM »

The Catholics and extreme right are really pandering here. I watched the video and it turns out their were two Indians. My point still stands though. & the boy's mother blames black Islamists for it! Wrong race first of all. And why are they going to a March For Life protest? Why did the school censor all its social media rather than apologizing? I understand the left makes things up, but the right is just as guilty of spinning true accusations into made up stories that fit their narrative. Brett Kavanaugh, who was too controversial to have been appointed, first of all.  Now everything and anything is veering into he said she said, and the truth is becoming hard to decipher.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2019, 11:03:27 AM »

I hope they are expelled. These privileged little sh*ts should be taught a lesson.

Anyone who thinks it was the fault of the Native American man is delusional. Regardless of whether he moved toward the group, the kid standing in front of him was clearly trying to intimidate him with the way he was staring at him and the other kids were obviously mocking him and the music. Stop making excuses for racists.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies