Not surprisingly Trump now spreading claims Islamic prayer rugs litter border
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:49:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Not surprisingly Trump now spreading claims Islamic prayer rugs litter border
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not surprisingly Trump now spreading claims Islamic prayer rugs litter border  (Read 844 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 18, 2019, 10:46:59 PM »

And Republicans wonder why we want nothing to do with the party

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-promotes-unfounded-claim-that-islamic-prayer-rugs-are-littering-the-border_us_5c41e93ce4b0bfa693c2fb33

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 10:48:15 PM »

Those things are nice. I'm sure its sacrilegious, but you can probably flip those for a pretty penny if they're just lying around.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 10:50:32 PM »

Are you f***ing kidding me?
What a moron.
If someone can find his Tweet, please post it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 10:52:39 PM »

I found it. See above.
Uggggg !
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 10:57:43 PM »

Why would a devote Muslim bring his prayer rug halfway across the world just to ditch it as soon as he crossed into the US?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 11:53:00 PM »

Trump is everybody's grandpa between the 90s dial-up days and the moment they discovered the Face Book.

Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: fwd: Fwd: Re: Re: Fwd: CHECK OUT THIS CRAZY PHOTO THAT PROVES JOHN KERRY WAS NEVER IN VIETNAM
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 12:18:00 AM »

Why would a devote Muslim bring his prayer rug halfway across the world just to ditch it as soon as he crossed into the US?

This "story" isn't targeted at someone thinking critically like you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 01:27:04 AM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 01:27:09 AM »

Exactly. This is going to be gospel truth for the right by the end of the weekend, if it isn't already.

We'll be hearing about Muslim hordes surging across the border for a decade or more.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 03:42:11 AM »

This blatant racism is getting increasingly shameful and ridiculous. If this is how bad he is in January 2019, the thought of how bad he'll get in November 2020 is truly terrifying.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 04:22:51 AM »

This blatant racism is getting increasingly shameful and ridiculous. If this is how bad he is in January 2019, the thought of how bad he'll get in November 2020 is truly terrifying.

I'm with you, but I'm much more concerned about what this is doing to and for the people of the country than I am about Trump in his own right. They were bad before, but at least there was some minimal recognition that it wasn't really "allowed." The hope was that keeping it in the dark would maybe help it shrink because it wasn't get fed as much as it could be. By all means, dismiss the merits of that strategy... but surely it's easy to admit that what we've got now is a whole hell of a lot worse.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 07:43:09 AM »

Exactly. This is going to be gospel truth for the right by the end of the weekend, if it isn't already.

We'll be hearing about Muslim hordes surging across the border for a decade or more.

We already have.  I think the prayer rug story has been around since the GWB administration.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 01:44:17 PM »

I'm with you, but I'm much more concerned about what this is doing to and for the people of the country than I am about Trump in his own right. They were bad before, but at least there was some minimal recognition that it wasn't really "allowed." The hope was that keeping it in the dark would maybe help it shrink because it wasn't get fed as much as it could be. By all means, dismiss the merits of that strategy... but surely it's easy to admit that what we've got now is a whole hell of a lot worse.

Well true, though otoh racism was still an issue then. Now the US has to reckon with it and can't pretend it no longer exists. Trump has in some ways spurred a positive progressive backlash, but admittedly overall the consequences of his presidency and public racism seem negative.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies