GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:41:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 30
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)  (Read 59099 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2019, 12:45:13 PM »

What’s annoying is that Jaime Harrison raised $1.5 million in South Carolina and he will not win. “Woke” liberals in DC, NYC, and California need to stop donating off of emotion (hating Lindsey Graham because he is a high profile Trump sycophant) and be strategic.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2019, 02:06:01 PM »

What’s annoying is that Jaime Harrison raised $1.5 million in South Carolina and he will not win. “Woke” liberals in DC, NYC, and California need to stop donating off of emotion (hating Lindsey Graham because he is a high profile Trump sycophant) and be strategic.

Graham is beatable if luck is on our side.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2019, 02:27:59 PM »

SC is only getting whiter, it's not flipping
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2019, 05:56:46 PM »

This annoys me too.  Tomlinson and Cunningham are potentially competitve candidates who desperately need more money, and instead it's being flushed down the toilet in South Carolina. 
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2019, 06:10:45 PM »

This annoys me too.  Tomlinson and Cunningham are potentially competitve candidates who desperately need more money, and instead it's being flushed down the toilet in South Carolina. 

To be honest, I feel that the Democratic Senate recruitment so far this cycle has been very weak across the board. Hegar in Texas is quite strong, but outside of that, I feel that in most races, all of the strongest potential candidates are sitting out.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #180 on: July 08, 2019, 06:23:22 PM »

To be honest, I feel that the Democratic Senate recruitment so far this cycle has been very weak across the board. Hegar in Texas is quite strong, but outside of that, I feel that in most races, all of the strongest potential candidates are sitting out.

I dunno.  On a state-by-state basis, things don't seem so bad.  It's still unclear who will be the nominee in Colorado, and while Hickenlooper would have put that contest away as soon as he announced, whatever Democrat does emerge out of Colorado will probably be a better Senator.  Hick taking a pass has turned Colorado into a resource pit, but it will probably be worth it ideologically in the end.  Arizona has a top-tier candidate in Mark Kelly, and Sara Gideon is a good get in Maine.  And while Tonlinson and Cunningham don't have the same name recognition as Abrams or (who's the Abrams of NC?), Tomlinson and Cunningham both have their merits and have few obvious drawbacks biographically.  In fact, whilte it's heresy around these parts, I kind of think Tomlinson is a better candidate than Abrams would be.  She's well poised to reap the benefits of Abrams's organizing in the Atlanta suburbs, and is probably more palatable to Georgia voters outside the Atlanta region.  But I'm from the Columbus area, so I'm a little biased. 
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2019, 09:32:31 AM »

I dunno.  On a state-by-state basis, things don't seem so bad.  It's still unclear who will be the nominee in Colorado, and while Hickenlooper would have put that contest away as soon as he announced, whatever Democrat does emerge out of Colorado will probably be a better Senator.  Hick taking a pass has turned Colorado into a resource pit, but it will probably be worth it ideologically in the end.  Arizona has a top-tier candidate in Mark Kelly, and Sara Gideon is a good get in Maine.  And while Tonlinson and Cunningham don't have the same name recognition as Abrams or (who's the Abrams of NC?), Tomlinson and Cunningham both have their merits and have few obvious drawbacks biographically.  In fact, whilte it's heresy around these parts, I kind of think Tomlinson is a better candidate than Abrams would be.  She's well poised to reap the benefits of Abrams's organizing in the Atlanta suburbs, and is probably more palatable to Georgia voters outside the Atlanta region.  But I'm from the Columbus area, so I'm a little biased. 

Jeff Jackson?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2019, 01:34:55 PM »

The streets are saying that Ted Terry, the mayor of Clarkston is jumping in.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2019, 01:59:35 PM »

Is he formidable candidate or will Teresa Thomlinson maintain her status as Democratic frontrunner? I think she's a very good candidate.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2019, 02:01:24 PM »

Is he formidable candidate or will Teresa Thomlinson maintain her status as Democratic frontrunner? I think she's a very good candidate.
Not worried about him. But he is on the Executive Committee for our state's Democratic Party so he isn't a nobody in Dem circles.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2019, 03:02:39 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2019, 05:05:06 PM by NoobMaster69 »

They were saying on the radio today that Perdue admits his fate is intertwined with Trump’s
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2019, 12:03:37 AM »

Ted Terry is in!

Website is live: https://tedforgeorgia.com/

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2019, 12:12:18 AM »

Oh my God, it’s the guy from queer eye! And he uses some pictures with Jonathan from the show on his website!

Endorsed!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2019, 02:31:54 AM »

this  guy looks cool but he would be smacked in a general, not to mention the primary
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2019, 08:57:18 AM »

Looks like he could certainly have the young white guy breakout potential like Beto or Kander, will be interesting to see if he generates buzz.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2019, 11:09:12 AM »

He's not beatable unless a sex tape is leaked showing him having sex with another man.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2019, 03:37:39 PM »

He's not beatable unless a sex tape is leaked showing him having sex with another man.
You have strange fantasies.
Los Angeles Swag Boss
L.A. Da Boss
Rookie
United States

« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2019, 10:24:00 PM »

I can see this, but didn't happen at launch..... He may have a real moment though at some point.

Looks like he could certainly have the young white guy breakout potential like Beto or Kander, will be interesting to see if he generates buzz.

Also, love when people just take random guesses at an election that's over 400 days away.

this  guy looks cool but he would be smacked in a general, not to mention the primary

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2019, 10:51:42 PM »

I can see this, but didn't happen at launch..... He may have a real moment though at some point.
He will have to create a moment. The media and Dem activists would rather we spend time focusing on Solid R SC & KY bc of who the incumbents are. I can definitely see him having a Beto type run but IDK... I'm still going w/ Tomlinson at this point. He hasn't convinced me to vote against her.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2019, 10:56:57 PM »

If you think I fantasize about Lindsey Graham's sex life, you're even more insane than I thought. I wouldn't have sex with him for all the money in the world.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2019, 10:57:10 PM »

The whole "Lindsey Graham is gay" thing has been around for a while dude, he sets off like 90% of all gaydars
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2019, 02:29:35 AM »

Teresa Tomlinson's rural constituency director sent this stupid ass tweet. #TeamAbrams swooped in to correct the record.

Uh... all Dems going forward better realize Abrams has set the standard for the next generation. You can't run on "not ignoring communities Democrats have abandoned" when Abrams did it all and then some! In my opinion, rural South GA took precedence over Metro Atlanta in her campaign and that's not a criticism. That's how passionate she was about engaging those voters.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2019, 06:37:24 PM »

Teresa Tomlinson's rural constituency director sent this stupid ass tweet. #TeamAbrams swooped in to correct the record.

Uh... all Dems going forward better realize Abrams has set the standard for the next generation. You can't run on "not ignoring communities Democrats have abandoned" when Abrams did it all and then some! In my opinion, rural South GA took precedence over Metro Atlanta in her campaign and that's not a criticism. That's how passionate she was about engaging those voters.
Why do you think she did so bad in these areas then (worse than Hillary!)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2019, 04:45:05 PM »

They were saying on the radio today that Perdue admits his fate is intertwined with Trump’s

Off topic but love your sig dude haha
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2019, 02:20:17 PM »

Wasn't Sarah Riggs Amico supposed to jump in weeks if not months ago?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies