GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:38:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)  (Read 59102 times)
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2019, 05:38:16 PM »

Georgia is inelastic fool’s gold, take a hint people, we shouldn’t even contest it big time.
I sort of agree (the Democrats lost every row office in a D+9 midterm lmfao), but Atlas is convinced Abrams' performance is the Democratic floor and the state GOP is dead.

MT Treasurer, ON Progressive and RFKFan68 will rage at you, though.

And no, Georgia won't vote to the left of Maine.

Being a D+9 midterm doesn't actually matter in a state like Georgia because it's inelastic nature makes it difficult to move with the national environment, as opposed to states like Iowa that do move heavily with the national environment.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2019, 02:19:31 PM »

Georgia is inelastic fool’s gold, take a hint people, we shouldn’t even contest it big time.
I sort of agree (the Democrats lost every row office in a D+9 midterm lmfao), but Atlas is convinced Abrams' performance is the Democratic floor and the state GOP is dead.

Inelastic whites in the midwest shifting to Democrats has nothing to do with the results in a racially polarized state like GA (where the electorate was more GOP than 2016). But keep living in fantasy land.

Dude if Abrams could not win in GA you have me lost, let’s just really hope the dscc agrees with me
I believe the people who are here on the ground over you.

Lol ok then, go waste your time for Amico or whoever to no avail then, have fun.

OMG losing one election doesn't mean you're out for good.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2019, 02:49:44 PM »

Any bets on Tomlinson’s numbers for the quarter?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2019, 03:13:05 PM »

Democrats are not going to win GA in 2020, and it will be bittersweet because obviously I want them to but like it’ll be funny to come back here and all these other threads to laugh just like last time.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2019, 03:32:40 PM »

Democrats are not going to win GA in 2020, and it will be bittersweet because obviously I want them to but like it’ll be funny to come back here and all these other threads to laugh just like last time.

It's fine to disagree with others on the Democrats' chances in this race or any other race particularly when there's literally no path for them to be successful. What isn't fine is to concern troll and act as if your opinion is right when there literally is a path for a Democrat to win Georgia if cards are played right.

The point is that it's still early and it's foolish to be calling a race that is likely a tossup off because it's apparently your favorite thing to do.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2019, 04:14:03 PM »

It's fine to disagree with others on the Democrats' chances in this race or any other race particularly when there's literally no path for them to be successful. What isn't fine is to concern troll and act as if your opinion is right when there literally is a path for a Democrat to win Georgia if cards are played right.

The point is that it's still early and it's foolish to be calling a race that is likely a tossup off because it's apparently your favorite thing to do.

I wouldn't call Georgia a tossup.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2019, 04:19:13 PM »

Sometimes it’s okay to run and come up short to keep building infrastructure but whatevs
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2019, 04:27:02 PM »

I will never call GA a tossup in non-Pres races because of the run-off. But Tomlinson can win and GA-PRES 2020 is a tossup (no one has to win 50 percent to get the electoral votes).
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2019, 08:24:53 PM »

Well maybe Lean R for other statewide races thanks to the runoff as RFK stated, but still at least quite competitive.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #159 on: July 01, 2019, 05:54:27 PM »

I sort of agree

Fortunately for you, even the DSCC probably isn’t incompetent enough to give up on a likely tipping point Senate race.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2019, 06:56:21 PM »

I mean, give the extra 2 years of demographic changes from 2018 to 2020, and Georgia probably becomes a Democratic tilting state.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2019, 04:06:11 AM »

Dems dont need GA, and its a run-off, now that KS, with Barry Grissom is running
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2019, 06:26:07 AM »

Dems dont need GA, and its a run-off, now that KS, with Barry Grissom is running

Georgia is an uphill battle, but doable in a good enough environment for Democrats. In Kansas, we would need literally everything to go right to have a chance.
96FJV
Rookie
« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2019, 12:36:28 PM »

I wish Abrams would reconsider. Kansas is only winnable if Kobach is the nominee.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #164 on: July 02, 2019, 02:59:23 PM »

I wish Abrams would reconsider. Kansas is only winnable if Kobach is the nominee.
We need Abrams for GA-Gov if we have a Dem president. No one else will rev up our voters to kick Kemp out.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #165 on: July 02, 2019, 03:04:37 PM »

She needs to challange Cheatin' Brian again. Queen Teresa is an excellent candidate.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2019, 10:46:39 AM »

Tomlinson raises $520k, $330k COH

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/tomlinson-raises-500k-first-senate-fundraising-test/P17IOpugcIUmVhH7pa0TON/

I presume numbers like this aren't going to scare off other people from jumping in. I hear Sarah Riggs Amico is looking for a finance director as we speak.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2019, 03:13:14 PM »

Tomlinson raises $520k, $330k COH

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/tomlinson-raises-500k-first-senate-fundraising-test/P17IOpugcIUmVhH7pa0TON/

I presume numbers like this aren't going to scare off other people from jumping in. I hear Sarah Riggs Amico is looking for a finance director as we speak.

That’s not terrible but not great either. Especially saying she’s only really been running for about six weeks.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2019, 03:57:00 PM »

Any thoughts on why her numbers aren't great?  She seems like a good candidate in a pivotal state, so why not a seven-figure fundraising haul?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2019, 04:23:47 PM »

Any thoughts on why her numbers aren't great?  She seems like a good candidate in a pivotal state, so why not a seven-figure fundraising haul?

She filed the first week of April but didn't really start until the middle of May so she was only in for about half the quarter.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2019, 04:28:39 PM »

She filed the first week of April but didn't really start until the middle of May so she was only in for about half the quarter.
Gideon in ME raised 1M in one week in a small state.
Greenfield in IA raised 600K in four weeks in a small state.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2019, 05:07:01 PM »

Gideon in ME raised 1M in one week in a small state.
Greenfield in IA raised 600K in four weeks in a small state.

Fair point but in the former's case, Perdue ain't no Collins. He's a piece of sh**t no doubt but at least he's never pretended to be a woke moderate. I doubt as many people know "Obama, die!" guy as they do "I believe she was assaulted but it wasn't this guy because he told me" lady.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2019, 07:35:35 AM »

Perdue raised 1.9 M in Q2.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/david-perdue-raises-nearly-more-for-election-bid/vN7c7gPouu9tuIkJpgItnO/
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2019, 08:44:52 AM »

That’s not actually all that good
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2019, 10:21:06 AM »

We need Abrams for GA-Gov if we have a Dem president. No one else will rev up our voters to kick Kemp out.

Never say never to that.

I have little doubt even the one they call Bottoms could defeat Kemp under the right circumstances.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies