Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:52:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 35
Poll
Question: Is she a good candidate?
Yes

No

HAHA LOL NO

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 234

Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 38371 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2019, 01:38:05 AM »

The responses in this thread so far are terrible.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2019, 03:41:52 AM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2019, 10:46:46 AM »

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2019, 10:53:21 AM »

Old boomers on Facebook believe any sh**t that comes up on their feed. Russia understands the stupidity of many Americans.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2019, 10:54:31 AM »

In which case this country gets the democracy it deserves.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2019, 11:40:00 AM »

They've been promoting her for a while. I've posted this screengrab from Facebook a couple of times before, but I think it's worth resurfacing:

bilaps
« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2019, 11:47:39 AM »

nbc news doint that heavy lifting, now it's their turn to organize townhall for Kamala not to be outdone by cnn

and i thought that republicans are ones who were supposed to be furtile ground for conspiracy theory stories
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2019, 12:27:21 PM »

They've been promoting her for a while. I've posted this screengrab from Facebook a couple of times before, but I think it's worth resurfacing:

Aye. I've got someone friended on there (roomie of a friend) who was driving hard for Stein after Sanders lost last time, constantly sharing/reposting memes from various Green party groups. Now those same sources are doing their best to push Gabbard (and to a lesser extend Sanders) as hard and as obtusely as possible. A lot of them slam Harris (with critique that is usually, but not always, valid) but has also been hard on to slam the entire rest of the field, including Warren. Some of the posts are the usual meme tripe but there's also some head scratchers that seem to imply a lack of understanding of how english speakers communicate.

I do poke back at the more absurd ones on occasion. Especially when they're showing a lack of ignorance on a subject. But... if this one hard left guy is already a propaganda repeater, and he's younger than me, then there are many more out there.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2019, 12:40:12 PM »

I looked at related pages, and it had Gabbard, AOC, and George W. Bush. Well, one of those 3 praised Putin's soul. Oh right, the resistance loves that one.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2019, 12:45:03 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2019, 12:49:45 PM by Crumpets »

I looked at related pages, and it had Gabbard, AOC, and George W. Bush. Well, one of those 3 praised Putin's soul. Oh right, the resistance loves that one.

When did AOC praise Putin's soul?

EDIT: Also, just to be clear, this wasn't a list of related pages for Gabbard, it was a list of related pages for RT, and Gabbard was one of the ones listed.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2019, 12:46:10 PM »

When did AOC praise Putin's soul?

She whispered it in that video of her recreating the Breakfast Club scene.
Galeel
Oashigo
United States

« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2019, 07:13:38 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard is the only Dem I would not vote for if nominated.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #237 on: February 04, 2019, 04:29:34 PM »

Shocking.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/russia-s-propaganda-machine-discovers-2020-democratic-candidate-tulsi-gabbard-n964261?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

The Russian propaganda machine that tried to influence the 2016 U.S. election is now promoting the presidential aspirations of a controversial Hawaii Democrat who earlier this month declared her intention to run for president in 2020.

An NBC News analysis of the main English-language news sites employed by Russia in its 2016 election meddling shows Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii, who is set to make her formal announcement Saturday, has become a favorite of the sites Moscow used when it interfered in 2016.

Several experts who track websites and social media linked to the Kremlin have also seen what they believe may be the first stirrings of an upcoming Russian campaign of support for Gabbard.

Since Gabbard announced her intention to run on Jan. 11, there have been at least 20 Gabbard stories on three major Moscow-based English-language websites affiliated with or supportive of the Russian government: RT, the Russian-owned TV outlet; Sputnik News, a radio outlet; and Russia Insider, a blog that experts say closely follows the Kremlin line. The CIA has called RT and Sputnik part of "Russia's state-run propaganda machine."
There is no Russian back candidates
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2019, 05:53:47 PM »

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2019, 01:43:58 AM »

Tulsi with a new ad:

https://youtu.be/Xu1EKXsXlPM

It’s short, sweet and to the point.

Whether you like her or not, she’s capitalizing on her niche very well.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #240 on: February 05, 2019, 02:00:45 AM »

Pro-genocide Democrats?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #241 on: February 05, 2019, 02:04:27 AM »

Pro-genocide Democrats?

You might want to see a doctor for that Tulsi Derangement Syndrome.

To suggest she is pro genocide is beyond the pale and part (in addition to her being kickass and talking about issues we NEED to talk about in regards to our foreign policy) is ridiculous.

If Tulsi were President, the Middle East would be better off. Period.
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #242 on: February 05, 2019, 06:16:40 AM »

Watched her announcement surprised at what a boring speaker she is.
bilaps
« Reply #243 on: February 05, 2019, 09:41:23 AM »

Pro-genocide Democrats?

You might want to see a doctor for that Tulsi Derangement Syndrome.

It would be great if it's only Tulsi. His problems are far greater than this.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #244 on: February 05, 2019, 10:24:46 AM »

She better act on this FAST

DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #245 on: February 05, 2019, 10:30:20 AM »

Her reaction to this will be a good show of whether she had the political instincts of a stupid brick, or merely a normal brick.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #246 on: February 05, 2019, 10:32:48 AM »

Russia is not our enemy.  The Cold War is over.

Russia has hijacked our electoral systems and seems to posed a return to Cold War antics if the next president happens to be a Democrat. Putin wants a return to Russian dominance over the world, just as they hold control over much of Eastern Europe in the Cold War. Putin yarns for that era, even being a reactionary leader, is that Russia place on the global stage was every step in policy was detrimental to the health of mankind and Earth. It's the big boy complex and that's why Trump is so in loved with the fragile masculinity of Putin.
Did putin tell trump to sell weapons to unkraine?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2019, 11:12:48 AM »

Grassroots's list of very true posts:

Tulsi Gabbard is the only Dem I would not vote for if nominated.

Russia is not our enemy.  The Cold War is over.

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #248 on: February 05, 2019, 02:57:29 PM »

LOL. He could sink a few other Democratic contenders by supporting them as well...
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #249 on: February 05, 2019, 03:22:39 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2019, 03:26:08 PM by Celes »

A word on Hindu nationalism:

The only reason she is accused of being a Hindu nationalist is because she is not ethnically Indian and became a Hindu in her teens. Non-Indian Hindus are a fraction of the United States' Hindu population and are often targeted as "nationalist sympathizers," "un-American," "traitors," and "cult members." Hindu Indian-Americans experience significant racism and generally -- though absolutely not completely so -- more subtle religious discrimination. Since non-Indian Hindus, especially white Hindus, do not experience racial discrmination in the same way (or for most whites, nearly at all), this difference is made up for by ramping up anti-Hindu rhetoric against them. This is by no means to say that non-Indian Hindus somehow have it worse than Hindu Indian-Americans; merely that the experiences are qualifiably different.

Gabbard's involvement with Modi is in large part due to Modi's interest in her as the first elected Hindu congressperson from the United States, and her involvement with the Hindu American Foundation -- the Hindu community's nonpartisan public advocacy organization which has been similarly accused of being "right-wing," despite offering free resources for LGBT Hindus in the United States and actively endorsing and working with all of the openly Hindu members of Congress, all three being Democrats (not including Pramila Jayapal, who has not openly disclosed her faith; the HAF still actively supports her, one of the most progressive House Democrats). The only reason no one bothered accusing any of the myriad other politicians of "Hindu nationalism" for connections with Modi is because none of the others who have any ties to him are Hindus.

There is nothing wrong with Hinduism and there is no evidence that Tulsi Gabbard is a Hindu nationalist. Hinduism is the world's oldest major religion and its third largest. To pretend that 900 million people are all going to believe the same thing and act the same way, despite coming under the same broad label, is bigotry. Hinduism has a particular problem with internet communications and optics, as trolls based in India tend to watch search functions for words like "Hindu" and "Hindutva" in order to attack authors, journalists, commentators, and private citizens for not being pro-Hindu nationalist, and to attack Hindus of the aforementioned groups specifically for not being sufficiently Islamophobic in their rhetoric. This is a small minority of Hindus.

It is barely even technically correct to say that there is one, unified "Hinduism," let alone to buy into this ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Tulsi has many weaknesses and this is not one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies