Republican Baby Boomers More Likely to Share Fake News on Social Media
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:16:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republican Baby Boomers More Likely to Share Fake News on Social Media
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Baby Boomers More Likely to Share Fake News on Social Media  (Read 365 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 11, 2019, 10:18:08 AM »

The elderly and conservatives shared the most false information during the 2016 election

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 10:24:08 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2019, 10:27:34 AM by Free Bird »

I think we've all seen this IRL lmao

"Hannity LAYS THE SMACKDOWN on COMMUNIST Obama and EXPOSES His EVIL Plan!"

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 10:25:14 AM »

No surprise. Baby Boomers (or I should say Baby Boomers who are White) have done the most damage to American politics.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 10:28:33 AM »

No surprise. Baby Boomers (or I should say Baby Boomers who are White) have done the most damage to American politics.

Nah all of em, let's not be racist
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 10:44:26 AM »

It's not remotely racist to observe that those who live in constant fear and backlash of "the good ol' days" disappearing have most actively turned to myth in order to defend their world view and any attempts at change.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 10:46:33 AM »

It's not remotely racist to observe that those who live in constant fear and backlash of "the good ol' days" disappearing have most actively turned to myth in order to defend their world view and any attempts at change.

But lumping ALL white baby boomers, as the post suggests, into that camp, is, indeed, racist, and I would still postulate that it's boomers in general that are a problem, regardless of race.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 10:48:58 AM »

Of course they are more likely to share ''fake news'' if the lamestream progressive media outlets see all conservative outlets as fake news outlets.

Anyway, the lamestream media shouldn't lecture anyone about fake news. I'm sure every major lamestream media outlet has its own little Relotius writing made-up PC articles which fit their narrative (obviously they don't bother to factcheck articles which fit their narrative about poor, dumb, racist Trump hicks who'd be so much better off if they'd shut their mouths and let the progressive ''future is intersectional and female'' Diversity Officers run things). Aren't ''progressive ideas'' and ''facts'' synonyms?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 10:50:53 AM »

But lumping ALL white baby boomers, as the post suggests, into that camp, is, indeed, racist, and I would still postulate that it's boomers in general that are a problem, regardless of race.

I agree that there are sensible baby boomers just as there are moronic millennials. However, for the reasons I previously stated, I believe it is perfectly accurate to lay the dissemination of fake news primarily at the feet of white boomers. Remember, the article notes the problem is overwhelmingly with politically conservative boomers. That, realistically, absolves over 90% of black boomers.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 10:53:57 AM »

The vast majority of fake news on my Facebook is from older people lol.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 10:58:01 AM »

Of course they are more likely to share ''fake news'' if the lamestream progressive media outlets see all conservative outlets as fake news outlets.

Anyway, the lamestream media shouldn't lecture anyone about fake news. I'm sure every major lamestream media outlet has its own little Relotius writing made-up PC articles which fit their narrative (obviously they don't bother to factcheck articles which fit their narrative about poor, dumb, racist Trump hicks who'd be so much better off if they'd shut their mouths and let the progressive ''future is intersectional and female'' Diversity Officers run things). Aren't ''progressive ideas'' and ''facts'' synonyms?

I have a rule of thumb that any post talking about "the lamestream media" whether from the left or the right, is going to be very very bad.

This post reminds me why.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 11:03:52 AM »

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest.   My facebook is filled with family members (a lot of them older) and a good number of them are quite conservative. 

The stuff they share sometimes gets rather ridiculous at times,  sometimes absurd.   Although it's not all conservative,  sometimes there's Vaccine stuff that's shared that's stupid too.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 11:24:13 AM »

All the fake news on my feed is from my older white boomer relatives. It's the most inane, stupid, clearly debunked stuff too that I have no idea how they don't understand how fake it is. The liberal ones usually don't post about politics.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »

The vast majority of fake news on my Facebook is from older people lol.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies