MO-GOV 2020: Robin or Russ Carnahan for governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 07:38:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MO-GOV 2020: Robin or Russ Carnahan for governor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-GOV 2020: Robin or Russ Carnahan for governor?  (Read 1114 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 30, 2018, 05:20:52 PM »

Would any of the Carnahan siblings be good gubernatorial candidates for Missouri Democrats in 2020?

I think Robin Carnahan can rebuild and retool the Missouri Democratic Party, don't you think?
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 05:24:13 PM »

I think them along with Nicole Galloway would be the only seriously viable candidates for governor. I think the national climate will have to be very Democratic or the MOGOP will need to have another major scandal in order for them to be able to win though.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »

I think them along with Nicole Galloway would be the only seriously viable candidates for governor. I think the national climate will have to be very Democratic or the MOGOP will need to have another major scandal in order for them to be able to win though.

Yeah, Parson's definitely the favorite since Grietens is gone & unable to taint the GOP ticket.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »

Yeah, Parson's definitely the favorite since Grietens is gone & unable to taint the GOP ticket.

Plus Russ Carnahan literally ran against Parson for Lt. Gov in 2016 and lost by 10.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 03:33:00 PM »

Of course Galloway is their best candidate, but this also means she shouldn't burn her career on as hopeless a campaign as this.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 07:12:14 PM »

Of course Galloway is their best candidate, but this also means she shouldn't burn her career on as hopeless a campaign as this.

Agreed, she should wait for a better time.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 11:35:21 AM »

Galloway, Kander, or Robin Carnahan would all be excellent candidates.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 12:01:03 PM »

Galloway, Kander, or Robin Carnahan would all be excellent candidates.

Agreed
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 08:18:22 PM »

Robin would beat Parson by 4 points and the Democratic presidential candidate should campaign for her.

If Laura Kelly can win in KS next door, so can MO Dems.

McCaskill's heart was not in it last year.
MassBlueDog
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 10:08:15 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2019, 06:16:35 PM by MassBlueDog »

Robin would beat Parson by 4 points and the Democratic presidential candidate should campaign for her.

If Laura Kelly can win in KS next door, so can MO Dems.

McCaskill's heart was not in it last year.

Uhhhh...no
1. In Carnahan's last statewide election, she got trounced.  She didn't even win Boone County, which almost all Democrats win.
2. McCaskill, contrary to popular belief, did not lose because "she ignored the suburbs".  She got presidential level turnout in the county and city of STL.  Playing with the vote counts in the other suburban counties, I can't think of a plausible way to give her the election without changing some of the rural ones, and the rural counties were her main issue.
3. Kansas got screwed over by Republicans and Brownback.  Missouri has not had those problems yet.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies