Final Predictions! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:29:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Final Predictions! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Final Predictions!  (Read 15336 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: November 01, 2005, 03:50:36 PM »

My friends, we are one week away from Election day. The major races are for Governor of New Jersey, Governor of Virginia and Mayor of New York City

This thread is for posting your final predictions on these three races.

I will be posting my predictions on Friday, November 4th.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 04:10:39 PM »

corzine 51
forrester 48

kaine 52
kilgore 45
potts 2

there im probably the only one that thinks kaine will do better than corzine.  these arent the results i want, however.   but next tuesday will be a bad day for republicans in nj and va.

Can we have your NYC prediction, please?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 02:38:10 PM »

The remaining 1% is going where?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 02:41:19 PM »

Libertarian, other 3rd parties, etc.

Thanks for being nitpicky.

I'm not being nitpicky. By the way, there are no other candidates on the ballot so unless you think that write-ins will get 1%, change your prediction. Admit you made a mistake.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 02:48:36 PM »

By the way, there are no other candidates on the ballot so unless you think that write-ins will get 1%, change your prediction. Admit you made a mistake.

Wow, you  really need to get laid or at least get drunk.  Scary.

I love when people can't simply admit that they made a mistake. I kindly asked where the 1% was coming from, you attacked with "Stop being nitpicky!", I prove you wrong and you can't admit it. Scary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 04:46:18 PM »

By the way, there are no other candidates on the ballot so unless you think that write-ins will get 1%, change your prediction. Admit you made a mistake.

I love when people can't simply admit that they made a mistake. I kindly asked where the 1% was coming from, you attacked with "Stop being nitpicky!", I prove you wrong and you can't admit it. Scary.

chill out

I don't need to chill out. I wouldn't have a problem saying "Hey, I forgot 1%." It happened earlier in this thread were someone had the total being 107%. All I wanted to know was where the other percent was going. Scoonie is the one that needs to chill out and just reassign the 1%. But don't tell him it can't go to a Libertarian even though there is no Libertarian on the ballot.  Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 05:29:32 PM »

As Tredrick said, this could easily be rounding errors plus write-ins.  Chill out.

Uh...look to Scoonie's own response on the subject. Tell me, Alcon, is the a Libertarian, Green, or any other third party candidate on the ballot besides Potts?

I only asked about 1% and it's suddenly nitpicking. I thought he made an honest mistake and he likely did but instead of just saying, "Whoops, it should be here" and admitting that there are no other third party candidates besides Potts in the race.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 05:40:49 PM »

Don't let that 1% keep you up at night, Phil!!!

You continue to act like a child and refuse to admit you're wrong. So mature. Just answer me this, Scoonie - Are there any other third party candidates on the ballot in the 2005 Virginia Gubernatorial election besides Ross Potts?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 11:58:59 PM »

NJ Gubernatorial Race

Jon Corzine - 52%
Doug Forrester - 47%
Other - 1%

VA Gubernatorial Race

Jerry Kilgore - 49%
Tim Kaine - 47%
Russ Potts - 4%

NYC Mayoral Race

Mike Bloomberg - 63%
Fernando Ferrer - 36%
Other - 1%

Commentary

NJ Gubernatorial Race - While the Corzine's margins are shrinking, I think he'll come out on top in this race. Forrester's campaign might be able to rebound with the help of tomorrow's debate. The amount of times I have seen Forrester ads has increased over the days, too. However, it will likely be too late for a comeback.

VA Gubernatorial Race - Kaine's lead has shrunk and it will come down to turnout. I think Kilgore's crew will have the better ground team.

NYC Mayoral Race - I don't know how he was able to turn the race around but he has. A few months ago it looked like Bloomberg was finished but now he is insanely popular. I don't like Bloomberg but I have to admire the way he has survived this threat. Another four years of GOP control of the Mayor's office in America's most Democratic city.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 09:26:19 PM »

Get those predictions in, guys! We are only alittle over a day away from Election day '05!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 03:03:01 PM »

Yeah, NJ's minor party candidates are the biggest jokes in the country. No way they reach 3% tomorrow.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 03:05:37 PM »

I guess its more likely that voters stay home then vote third party though.

Much more likely.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies