Final Predictions! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:39:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Final Predictions! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Final Predictions!  (Read 15318 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: November 01, 2005, 05:28:43 PM »

Are there any other candidates on the New York ballot?  If so, the usual questions - who, why, and how will they do?

Other than Ognibene, not any ones I know of who could pull a couple of percent.

My prediction will come Monday, along with Tweed's.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 12:20:32 AM »

Prediction to come Monday!                                                         Prediction to come Monday!                                                                Hubbah, Hubbah, Hubbah!                                                                          For friendly purposes only.                                                                          Not wagering purposes.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 07:52:49 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2005, 09:12:48 PM by Sam Spade (GM) »

My final predictions:

First, the easy race...

NYC Mayor

Poor Freddy, he never had a chance.  I wouldn't have voted for him anyway.  The question here is not whether Bloomberg will win, but how much he will win by.

Bloomberg - 66.5%
Ferrer - 30.3%
Other - 3.2%

MOE +/- 3%

NJ Governor

I debated long and hard about this, considering the late-breaking nature of New Jersey's fickle Independent voters.  With the last Marist, SUSA and Rasmussen polls, I feel more confident now. So, I am now solidifying around the prediction I made at the beginning of the campaign, with a larger margin of error because, as I always say, it is New Jersey and things have been known to change at a drop of the hat in the polling booth.

Corzine - 51.9%
Forrester - 46.8%
Other - 1.3%

MOE +/- 4%

VA Governor

The toughest race of all to call.  As you know, a couple of weeks ago I predicted a 4-point Kilgore win.  However, since that time it has been pretty apparent that Kaine is gaining momentum, whereas Kilgore seems stuck around 45%.

Yet there are, at the same time, a few factors which underscore a prediction.  Historically, polling companies underpoll Republicans by about 2%-3%, because they overpoll Fairfax/NoVA and underpoll the mountain areas.  In a close race like this, it is always quite possible that Potts voters might return to their party if they believe the race is close (the Nader factor, I call it)  At the same time, Kilgore has Bush coming in a last-minute campaign stop, something which could mean any number of things.

Virginia has not elected a governor of the same party as the President since 1973.  My prediction will now have that record holding until 2009.

Kaine - 49.3%
Kilgore - 47.8%
Potts - 2.4%
Other - 0.3%

MOE +/- 3.5%, given some of the latest volatility of the polling in the race.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies