MSNBC overtakes Fox News in viewership for the first time since 2000
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:12:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MSNBC overtakes Fox News in viewership for the first time since 2000
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MSNBC overtakes Fox News in viewership for the first time since 2000  (Read 2258 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 01:02:48 PM »

Maybe the prime demographic for Fox News has reached a sufficiently advanced age that viewr mortality exceeds acquisitions?

Are you describing Fox News or the GOP?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 02:03:24 PM »

Sean Hannity is the only nightly news cast that talkshow listerners listen too. Everyone else looks at Chris Matthews and others
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 02:13:58 PM »

MSNBC is neoliberal garbage.
James Monroe

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »

Neoliberal=anyone who doesn't tiptoe the dirtbag leftist line.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 04:20:10 PM »

Maybe the prime demographic for Fox News has reached a sufficiently advanced age that viewr mortality exceeds acquisitions?

Are you describing Fox News or the GOP?

Yes. Wink
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2018, 08:52:54 PM »

Good news. Now instead of the largest demographic being middle aged White men parroting Sean Hannity, it’ll be middle aged White women parroting Rachel Maddow. Progress!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2018, 08:54:12 PM »

Neoliberal = capitalist. I don’t like all those fancy ways of saying apologist for capital. Except bootlicker; that I like!
James Monroe

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2018, 09:05:46 PM »

Good news. Now instead of the largest demographic being middle aged White men parroting Sean Hannity, it’ll be middle aged White women parroting Rachel Maddow. Progress!

Many of millennials I know love Rachel Maddow. The popularity of people like her are driven by the millennial demographic. It's racist to even exclude people of color that happen to push the viewership of many shows, specifically Reid's who was under-attacked by a bunch of privilege white males on the internet.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2018, 09:15:12 PM »

Many of millennials I know love Rachel Maddow. The popularity of people like her are driven by the millennial demographic. It's racist to even exclude people of color that happen to push the viewership of many shows, specifically Reid's who was under-attacked by a bunch of privilege white males on the internet.

You people really are a broken record.
James Monroe

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2018, 10:04:44 PM »

It's the truth. Why do people like yourself push this narrative that all MSNBC are just white liberal women?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2018, 08:42:30 AM »

It's the truth. Why do people like yourself push this narrative that all MSNBC are just white liberal women?

It's not the truth.  It's an assertion.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2018, 09:58:12 AM »

I don't recall Maddow ever being attacked by liberals.

Joy Ann Reid was attacked because she had said very stupid and terrible things. Pretty simple.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2018, 06:07:34 AM »

Great news. Great job JOE & MIKA. They deserve it.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2018, 03:15:40 PM »

I know the right wing loves to bash her, but Rachel Maddow actually has done a very good job at covering the Russia investigation, as well as a few under-covered stories like voter suppression. Yes, I recognize that it's partisan because she isn't covering unflattering news about the left. That's why I don't just use MSNBC to get my news.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2018, 05:30:41 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2018, 10:27:00 PM by Crumpets »

I know the right wing loves to bash her, but Rachel Maddow actually has done a very good job at covering the Russia investigation, as well as a few under-covered stories like voter suppression. Yes, I recognize that it's partisan because she isn't covering unflattering news about the left. That's why I don't just use MSNBC to get my news.

Yeah, even if you think she's one of those Shrill Liberal Women obsessed with Trump and Mueller, she's a damn good journalist. She makes her sources clear, is transparent about her mistakes, and gives a history lesson pretty much every episode so the viewer understands the full context of her stories going back decades.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2018, 06:09:26 PM »

I wonder if being in the opposition to the sitting president helps MSNBC and CNN much? I would bet it is partly the reason, and also partially why Fox did so well during Obama.

Yeah, I was gonna say that if I remember correctly, Fox was pretty dominant circa 2010/2011 and MSNBC were perceived as nothing more than cheerleaders for Obama. Same thing is probably happening here. It's natural.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2018, 06:11:14 PM »

I wonder if being in the opposition to the sitting president helps MSNBC and CNN much? I would bet it is partly the reason, and also partially why Fox did so well during Obama.

Yeah, I was gonna say that if I remember correctly, Fox was pretty dominant circa 2010/2011 and MSNBC were perceived as nothing more than cheerleaders for Obama. Same thing is probably happening here. It's natural.

Ironically enough I'd say whichever party in power is the one whose side becomes less involved and informed in politics; because they trust "their side" to handle things, whereas those who lost want to tune in to figure out exactly how they're gonna get screwed over and why they should be mad about it.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2018, 06:42:03 PM »

Ironically enough I'd say whichever party in power is the one whose side becomes less involved and informed in politics; because they trust "their side" to handle things, whereas those who lost want to tune in to figure out exactly how they're gonna get screwed over and why they should be mad about it.

Yeah, I remember distinctly that during the 2012 campaign a big thing the Democrats were worried about was "Are our 2008 voters going to turn out again?" like complacency becomes an issue.

I just remember how MSNBC was treated like a literal joke during the Obama years, there were so many "thrill up my leg" jokes. Similar to Fox News now I imagine, I mean I can't even stand Fox News now because they praise Trump for like the same stuff that they were bashing Obama for.

At this point I only trust financial news, Bloomberg is my favorite. Financial news has more of a reason to stay objective than news networks that don't deal with reporting on money do, so I find their news to be more fact-based just because it needs to be.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2018, 10:14:54 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2018, 10:18:59 PM by AOC for President 2032 »

Spoken like a true faux-left 1%er.  
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2018, 05:44:18 AM »

"Anyone who isn't a loser is an actual sociopath" sort of very far-left thinking there huh?
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2018, 07:36:14 AM »

"Anyone who isn't a loser is an actual sociopath" sort of very far-left thinking there huh?

In fact all Democrats are neoliberal 1%-ers. They support empowering girls, but in reality getting women to be financially independent is a capitalist play to increase the supply of wage labour slavery and to make salt of the earth Purple heart populist Purple heart Rust Belt workers miserable (those corporate hags won't marry them!). Heck, actually opposing slavery is the neoliberal stance. It was the neoliberal Lincoln who opposed slavery out of economic reasons (he had to placate his 1%-er Northern industrial donors!). Less slavery means more wage slavery! Only the 1860s Democratic Party platform on women and blacks can save us from the evils of Sunbelt billionaire neoliberalism.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2018, 08:19:31 AM »

Look, I'm not in love with MSNBC or anything (really I just wish cable TV would die, as it's quite possibly the worst mass medium in history) but can we please quit the Both Sides bullsh*t? Fox News is the GOP's quasi official propaganda organ. MSNBC is a for-profit network that caters to its viewers by hiring a few left-leaning anchors but otherwise adheres to the (admittedly very low) standards of its industry.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies