Trump Asks 7 Year Old If They Still Believe In Santa, Labels It Marginal For 7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:30:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Asks 7 Year Old If They Still Believe In Santa, Labels It Marginal For 7
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trump Asks 7 Year Old If They Still Believe In Santa, Labels It Marginal For 7  (Read 2998 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »

I legit don't get what the story is here.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2018, 03:35:01 PM »

It is amazing how bad Trump is at the easy parts of being President. 
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2018, 03:43:45 PM »

Apparently even insinuating that some fake omniscient bearded wizard-pervert may not be real is bad. The TDS lefties would have preferred Trump to like ask if Santa was visiting the child rather than asking if the child still believes in Santa as the latter implies that maybe not everyone believes and could lead the child to question if mystical Saint Klaus is real or not.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2018, 04:02:16 PM »

If you're over 7 and still believe in Trump, you're pretty marginal.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2018, 04:29:43 PM »

Unbelievable that the blue avatars here are actually living up to the caricature bagelman painted them as in his original post.
Imagine consistently going out of your way to defend a dumb, slovenly, trifling grifter like Donald Trump. These people need to seek help.

An inordinately large number of Trump supporters rush to his defense faster and more often than they would their own wives and husbands.

Trump is far more important to the survival of western civilization than our individual family members will ever be. It's the patriotic thing to do.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »

Unbelievable that the blue avatars here are actually living up to the caricature bagelman painted them as in his original post.
Imagine consistently going out of your way to defend a dumb, slovenly, trifling grifter like Donald Trump. These people need to seek help.

An inordinately large number of Trump supporters rush to his defense faster and more often than they would their own wives and husbands.

Trump is far more important to the survival of western civilization than our individual family members will ever be. It's the patriotic thing to do.

If you think Trump is somehow essential to the survival of western civilization, you may as well close up shop now.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2018, 05:36:52 PM »

Trump is so frustrating to have to defend in hopes of getting Roe v. Wade overturned and protecting religious liberty.

Trump isn't going to deliver on either of those, so God speed defending him. He appointed two conservative judges and Roe v. Wade is still law.

Religious liberty is protected by the first amendment. No Christian is really being persecuted against in this country - I'm a Catholic and I find that laughable. Go look at the cake baker case with the gay couple. If you want to see what isn't religious liberty, go to the Middle East.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »

LMAO.
This made me laugh a lot.
Thank you for that.
Smiley
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »

LMAO.
This made me laugh a lot.
Thank you for that.
Smiley
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2018, 06:46:31 PM »

Hahahahaha he’s such a douche hahahahaha
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2018, 08:29:24 PM »

Really hard to condemn him for this.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2018, 12:07:10 PM »

Trump is so frustrating to have to defend in hopes of getting Roe v. Wade overturned and protecting religious liberty.

EC, may I ask how old you are? I only ask because repealing abortion has been the carrot for Republicans trying to get voters to turn out since Reagan turned it into a requirement for the party. The best chance the Republicans ever had of passing a ban or highly limiting abortion is just ending. They had the trifecta, and if they had gone for passing legislation, they have the numbers in the Supreme Court to defend a well-written and well-argued law.  But Republicans are highly aware that the promise of banning or deeply limiting abortion is much more motivating than ever actually doing anything about it, so they leave it at status quo so they can continue to bait folks like you (and me, formerly).

Trump doesn't deserve your defense. He most certainly has no interest in changing laws around abortion, and if Republicans truly were going to make changes, they had two whole years in which to pass legislation that they should have at the ready as they've been promising on this issue for over 20 years.

Honestly, at this point, it feels like elected Republicans are Lucy with the football, and every election they promise this time they'll pass it, and the diehard pro-life folks run forward to vote for the most disgusting and corrupt people possible just because this time they might get to actually kick that football. But with Trump and the 2016 election, they pulled that football away just like every other time, but you better believe they will promise it again in 2020.

He doesn't deserve your defense or your hope. Unlike many other Republicans, he has no desire to make changes to abortion law unless it serves him some specific purpose, and he certainly is not someone who wants to make positive changes for the country.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2018, 12:17:58 PM by Beet »

EC, may I ask how old you are? I only ask because repealing abortion has been the carrot for Republicans trying to get voters to turn out since Reagan turned it into a requirement for the party. The best chance the Republicans ever had of passing a ban or highly limiting abortion is just ending. They had the trifecta, and if they had gone for passing legislation, they have the numbers in the Supreme Court to defend a well-written and well-argued law.  But Republicans are highly aware that the promise of banning or deeply limiting abortion is much more motivating than ever actually doing anything about it, so they leave it at status quo so they can continue to bait folks like you (and me, formerly).

Trump doesn't deserve your defense. He most certainly has no interest in changing laws around abortion, and if Republicans truly were going to make changes, they had two whole years in which to pass legislation that they should have at the ready as they've been promising on this issue for over 20 years.

Honestly, at this point, it feels like elected Republicans are Lucy with the football, and every election they promise this time they'll pass it, and the diehard pro-life folks run forward to vote for the most disgusting and corrupt people possible just because this time they might get to actually kick that football. But with Trump and the 2016 election, they pulled that football away just like every other time, but you better believe they will promise it again in 2020.

He doesn't deserve your defense or your hope. Unlike many other Republicans, he has no desire to make changes to abortion law unless it serves him some specific purpose, and he certainly is not someone who wants to make positive changes for the country.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, most liberals and Democrats, including you (even as a woman, apparently), highly underestimate the misogyny of the Republican Party. I mean, they just elected Donald Trump as president over a woman. The only reason they didn't overturn Roe v. Wade is because Anthony Kennedy didn't want to. It's gone now. The good news is that ExtremeConservative can stop defending Trump now. The bad news is that he needs to change his stance on abortion rights.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2018, 12:29:24 PM »

No, most liberals and Democrats, including you (even as a woman, apparently), highly underestimate the misogyny of the Republican Party. I mean, they just elected Donald Trump as president over a woman. The only reason they didn't overturn Roe v. Wade is because Anthony Kennedy didn't want to. It's gone now. The good news is that ExtremeConservative can stop defending Trump now. The bad news is that he needs to change his stance on abortion rights.

I'm highly confused by your post. I'm extremely aware of the mysogony of this country, especially in the Republican party, and the effect it had in 2016 as well as on reproductive rights. My post was aimed at EC and why he thinks he needs to defend Trump in hopes of getting what he wants on abortion as Republicans have proven time and again that they won't actually make the change because it's much more useful to draw out voters as it stands. They will continue to limit the rights of women in other ways while keeping the status quo on abortion to keep playing this Lucy football game with the single issue voters.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2018, 12:32:29 PM »

I'm highly confused by your post. I'm extremely aware of the mysogony of this country, especially in the Republican party, and the effect it had in 2016 as well as on reproductive rights. My post was aimed at EC and why he thinks he needs to defend Trump in hopes of getting what he wants on abortion as Republicans have proven time and again that they won't actually make the change because it's much more useful to draw out voters as it stands. They will continue to limit the rights of women in other ways while keeping the status quo on abortion to keep playing this Lucy football game with the single issue voters.

I'm saying the Republicans will get rid of Roe v. Wade now that they can. They will sacrifice their own electability for the policy goal. ExtremeConservative will still be entrapped in their party because the football will still be moved to the state & congressional & legislative level. But the idea that they will show restraint is not true, IMO.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2018, 01:18:33 PM »

I'm saying the Republicans will get rid of Roe v. Wade now that they can. They will sacrifice their own electability for the policy goal. ExtremeConservative will still be entrapped in their party because the football will still be moved to the state & congressional & legislative level. But the idea that they will show restraint is not true, IMO.

I see. I don't think that it'll be showing restraint so much as they're in love with power and know that keeping things status-quo as far as abortion goes allows them to hold on to power tightly. There are plenty of other ways to restrict women's rights while still keeping abortion the terrifying bogeyman that it is currently. In addition, I do think /states/ will continue to limit abortion, but Roe vs. Wade won't be undone at the national level. It's just too great of a foil and they can do so much more to limit rights even with Roe still in place.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2018, 01:33:54 PM »

If you think Trump is somehow essential to the survival of western civilization, you may as well close up shop now.

Psst! PRETTY sure he was joking. Wink
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »

Psst! PRETTY sure he was joking. Wink

Judging by his posting history, I wouldn't bet the rent money on it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2018, 01:36:29 PM »

Disagree. While they'll never do so legislatively, Republicans will continue to pick far right wing Justice is like Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch in the Hope, or even expectation, that they will eventually overrule Roe v Wade oh, or effectively emasculate it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »

Trump expects every child to have the very big brains he had as a kid. That's a high bar.

That's a cool selfie you posted!  Happy Holidays!

2.5 of 10. Sbould not attempting trolling for laughs. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2018, 01:43:29 PM »

Apparently even insinuating that some fake omniscient bearded wizard-pervert may not be real is bad. The TDS lefties would have preferred Trump to like ask if Santa was visiting the child rather than asking if the child still believes in Santa as the latter implies that maybe not everyone believes and could lead the child to question if mystical Saint Klaus is real or not.

Frankly I can't imagine a 7-year old making that inference, unless the child was so far above the curve that they have long stopped believing in Santa. Trump was pretty harsh, but in a way that would go over the head of a kid that age.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2018, 02:37:16 PM »

Very surprised by Mr. Reactionary's take on this, given that "fake bearded wizard-pervert" is a pretty accurate representation of half the conservative pundit class
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2018, 03:34:21 PM »

You know, repeating one's own Post in a thread is usually crass, but I'm going to repeat mine because, to a man, the various right-wing and blue avatars have been complete Holes about this. As in, screw it, the little ship needed to hear the truth rather than continuing to be some libtard sheeple, or otherwise saying gee whiz, the price of the United States effectively telling a kid that believing in Santa is questionable, is anything that a remotely same human who doesn't live in a bubble would do.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2018, 04:10:11 PM »

Just as lots of people attacking Trump wouldn't hesitate to publicly shame their own family members if they could make Trump look bad by doing it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2018, 04:51:05 PM »

Just as lots of people attacking Trump wouldn't hesitate to publicly shame their own family members if they could make Trump look bad by doing it.

Um, no? Huh
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies