Who is the biggest sore loser of the 2018 elections?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 08:02:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who is the biggest sore loser of the 2018 elections?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who is the biggest sore loser of the 2018 elections?  (Read 2027 times)
coloradocowboi
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2018, 12:10:01 AM »

Poliquin, Herrell, MI and WI GOP.

Abrams had a legit reason for not conceding, so did Nelson.

To make herself into a victim; to front a false image that she was somehow wronged. The nerve of that Big Bad Racist White ManTM, daring to run against the Anointed One.

Oh, yes, the quintessential victim of political correctness--Brian Kemp, who oversaw his own election and systematically disenfranchised people of color in his State. But enjoy your cognitive dissonance about who was "anointed."

The correct answers: WI GOP, MI GOP, Bruce Poliquin
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2018, 01:30:12 AM »

Don't forget NC GOP which after attempting to literally steal an election through election fraud is attempting to change the rules post-facto... but I certainly understand why they wouldn't want Harris as the nominee in a re-run. They should have made a fuss of it after he stole the primary!
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2018, 10:18:58 AM »

To make herself into a victim; to front a false image that she was somehow wronged. The nerve of that Big Bad Racist White ManTM, daring to run against the Anointed One.

Oh, yes, the quintessential victim of political correctness--Brian Kemp, who oversaw his own election and systematically disenfranchised people of color in his State. But enjoy your cognitive dissonance about who was "anointed."

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2018, 10:19:36 AM »

Kemp is not a legitimate governor. Period. Stacey Abrams had every right not to concede.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2018, 10:22:52 AM »

Poliquin
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 12:37:06 PM »

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 12:54:08 PM »

Sig
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2018, 03:22:33 PM »

Kemp is not a legitimate governor. Period. Stacey Abrams had every right not to concede.

Are you one of those people who believe Trump is not a legitimate President? That's the impression that I get from you.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2018, 04:25:48 PM »

I think nelson had a legit reason to not concede but what about gillum?
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2018, 04:32:49 PM »

Are you one of those people who believe Trump is not a legitimate President? That's the impression that I get from you.

Trump is a criminal, not a President.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2018, 05:47:36 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 05:51:10 PM by RFKFan68 »

This. White folks that live in areas that are exempt from Republican voter suppression tactics will argue to the death that we are being histrionic and making stuff up. Just Roll Eyes at every poster that said Abrams.

Really? Yes you won the House, but I would at least argue that we shouldn't let all decency flee our political system. Unfortunately though, you seem to only view things through the prism of "winning".
What was "decent" about Brian Kemp falsely accusing the state Democratic Party of hacking the voter rolls he left vulnerable two days before a close election? You are so full of crap the whites of your eyes are brown.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2018, 07:15:09 PM »

That is your opinion, but under our Constitution as it is in force now, he is the legitimate President. Push for an amendment to abolish the Electoral College and replace it with a direct popular vote (which I would support), if you want the situation to be otherwise.

This. White folks that live in areas that are exempt from Republican voter suppression tactics will argue to the death that we are being histrionic and making stuff up. Just Roll Eyes at every poster that said Abrams.

Really? Yes you won the House, but I would at least argue that we shouldn't let all decency flee our political system. Unfortunately though, you seem to only view things through the prism of "winning".
What was "decent" about Brian Kemp falsely accusing the state Democratic Party of hacking the voter rolls he left vulnerable two days before a close election? You are so full of crap the whites of your eyes are brown.

I don't care what a staunch partisan such as yourself has to say. Your idol Stacey Abrams lost; get over it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2018, 07:16:10 PM »

Unfortunately he's both.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2018, 10:52:19 PM »

Have you checked to see who the current occupant of the White House is?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2018, 10:53:30 PM »

How dare we speak ill of Queen Stacy!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2018, 11:50:05 PM »

How dare we speak ill of Queen Stacy!

Exactly.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2018, 11:58:57 PM »

Don't forget NC GOP which after attempting to literally steal an election through election fraud is attempting to change the rules post-facto... but I certainly understand why they wouldn't want Harris as the nominee in a re-run. They should have made a fuss of it after he stole the primary!

That's not remotely a good example. Harris stole the primary just as surely as he stole the general. He had no right to the nomination. To allow one fraud to stand but not the other would be ridiculous.

Harris belongs in jail and democracy demands a clean re-vote. If that takes a law being changed, that's what the system is there for and the government as a whole will be better off for having that law in place.
Kodak
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2018, 12:00:15 AM »

I don't think Abrams did any favors for the Democrats. A more gracious concession at the end might have helped to close up some of the partisan wounds from the election. But what can we say about that? I give credit to Nelson though, for he did formally concede once it became clear that he had no chance at winning through a recount.
Abrams could have dragged on the recount for as long as she wanted and it would have made no difference. Personal conduct means nothing in the Deep South. Identity is all that has ever mattered to voters.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2018, 12:17:13 AM »

Poliquin (ME-02) and Love (UT-04).
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2018, 01:25:38 AM »

I don't think Abrams did any favors for the Democrats. A more gracious concession at the end might have helped to close up some of the partisan wounds from the election. But what can we say about that? I give credit to Nelson though, for he did formally concede once it became clear that he had no chance at winning through a recount.
Abrams could have dragged on the recount for as long as she wanted and it would have made no difference. Personal conduct means nothing in the Deep South. Identity is all that has ever mattered to voters.

Perhaps not a difference in terms of partisanship, but it would have been a means for her to strengthen her position in preparation for a future run at office.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2018, 12:30:02 AM »

Who cares? We won the House.

Democrats tried playing nice before. Didn't go that well for them. It's past time they rediscovered their spine.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2018, 12:46:44 AM »

The fact blue avatars here think criticism of Kemp and all the stupid reasons black voters found themselves purged off off the voter rolls in Georgia is liberal hysteria really shows how divided we are
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2018, 01:52:17 AM »

The fact blue avatars here think criticism of Kemp and all the stupid reasons black voters found themselves purged off off the voter rolls in Georgia is liberal hysteria really shows how divided we are

No, it shows how much they have embraced Jim Crow.
Timothy87
Rookie

P P

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2018, 12:26:46 PM »

Stacey Abrams
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies