Dual citizenship?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:27:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Dual citizenship?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dual citizenship?  (Read 1143 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2005, 08:58:46 AM »

Since theyre two seperate nations, can I hold citizenship in Altasia and W Atlasia?
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 09:00:49 AM »

That's what DanielX is doing, and no one seems to have a problem with it, so I'd say go ahead. Smiley
WiseGuy

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 09:02:33 AM »

Yeah, me and DanielX are doing it, so I don't think anyone would have a problem with you doing so.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 09:02:56 AM »

No laws against it as far as I know.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 09:04:54 AM »

That's what DanielX is doing, and no one seems to have a problem with it, so I'd say go ahead. Smiley
Yeah, me and DanielX are doing it, so I don't think anyone would have a problem with you doing so.
Sweet! Then I have returned! Grin
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 09:15:28 AM »

Atlasia does not recognize 'West Atlasia', so any registrations there have been ignored.  Speedy, you're still registered in Pennsylvania, and Clay is still in Georgia, but I think everybody else re-registered with real Atlasian states.

You guys have created your own forum, which is effectively a separate game.  You can call it 'dual citizenship' if you want, but you're actually just playing two different games at the same time.  None of us really mind what you guys do together outside this forum, as it doesn't affect us anyway.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 01:10:13 PM »

Please read the GM thread.  There is already a perfectly logical explanation there to what is going on.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 04:24:59 PM »

Please read the GM thread.  There is already a perfectly logical explanation there to what is going on.

So... us dual citizens spend our days flying in between our homestates and a campground in Colorado? Tongue
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 04:32:10 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2005, 04:38:56 PM by Sam Spade (GM) »

So... us dual citizens spend our days flying in between our homestates and a campground in Colorado? Tongue

Registering in your home state does not necessarily mean you are residing there at this moment.  Smiley

I might also add that my scenario does not close the option of whether the SoFA may revoke your citizenship rights or not. 

Technically, you are in peaceful rebellion and are not bothering the government enough to cause any response at this moment.

However, there is no guarantee that the government might not launch a Branch Davidian, Ruby Ridge or "Republic of Texas" response (to use analogous US situations) to deal with the circumstances.

I have no control over that.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 04:33:56 PM »

The Atlasian Government should revoke the citizenship of all holders of dual citizenship.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 04:39:19 PM »

The Atlasian Government should revoke the citizenship of all holders of dual citizenship.

(Whacks Boss Tweed in the head with a Commodore 64).
WiseGuy

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 04:51:29 PM »

*Zats Boss Tweed*

Why?  If I was participating in both Atlasia and this sim, would you revoke my citizenship in Atlasia?  West Atlasia is no longer a rebellion, it's a separate micronation, just like the one I linked.  We're even contemplating changing the name.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 05:01:37 PM »

*shots Boss Tweed with a Wraith Stunner*

Uhh...  Well everybody else was doing it! Tongue
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 05:20:42 PM »

I'm sorry, is this crap really still going on?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 05:25:23 PM »

Yes, in the middle of the wilderness in Colorado.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 05:31:35 PM »

Yes, in the middle of the wilderness in Colorado.

These folks and the "they're coming for our guns!" folks can have a nice picnic in the pinelands.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 05:33:42 PM »

These folks and the "they're coming for our guns!" folks can have a nice picnic in the pinelands.

Err, what?  If you’re talking about Southeasterners, I don’t think we’d get along very well, but I wouldn’t mind a picnic Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 05:36:03 PM »

Why?  That's absolutely a fascist idea.  They were simply expressing their discontent for the current government through peaceful protest.  No one was hurt, and the Atlasian government does does acknowledge "West Atlasia" as a nation and certainly not as a threat.

Thank you, Fezzy!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2005, 06:25:41 PM »

Atlasia does not recognize 'West Atlasia', so any registrations there have been ignored.  Speedy, you're still registered in Pennsylvania, and Clay is still in Georgia, but I think everybody else re-registered with real Atlasian states.

No, I counted the registrations as far as state moves go.  Partial registrations have been counted before (See: Josh22) so I don't see why not in this case.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2005, 08:11:13 PM »

^^^
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2005, 09:49:58 PM »

No, I counted the registrations as far as state moves go.  Partial registrations have been counted before (See: Josh22) so I don't see why not in this case.

Didn't you also start that precedent for Josh22?  That was an awful decision then, and this is awful now.

*sigh*  I guess Speedy and Clay are in South Dakota and Nebraska respectively, after all.  My apologies to Jas for confusing the issue. (read: trying to make sense of an incredibly confusing precedent)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2005, 09:57:42 PM »

Didn't you also start that precedent for Josh22?  That was an awful decision then, and this is awful now.

We counted partial regestrations earlier than that.  If voters just said that they were changing their party to the Bla Bla Bla Party, then that was changed, despite the fact it was a partial registration.  So counting other things (Josh22 party switches, others' state changes) shouldn't be any different.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2005, 02:39:02 PM »

*sigh*  I guess Speedy and Clay are in South Dakota and Nebraska respectively, after all.  My apologies to Jas for confusing the issue. (read: trying to make sense of an incredibly confusing precedent)

No need to apologize at all.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies