Schumer: Trump Is Not Going to Get the Wall in Any Form
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:09:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Schumer: Trump Is Not Going to Get the Wall in Any Form
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Schumer: Trump Is Not Going to Get the Wall in Any Form  (Read 2070 times)
DataGuy
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »

Wow! It's almost like Democrats across the board think immigration and border security are real concerns, and are opposed to a useless waste of billions on Demented Donald's desperate attempt to erect a monument to his ego and xenophobia.

Thank you for the enlightening post!

So, the Democrats oppose Trump's wall because it's "xenophobic" and it costs billions?

Again, per the Boston Globe: "Democrats were more than willing to offer big sums of taxpayer money to keep Mexicans and other Latino immigrants out of the United States." That wasn't xenophobic?

Amazingly enough, sane and decent human beings see a difference between exercising some control, according to well-established law, of their own borders, and on the other hand supporting a racist crook whose only real agenda is demonizing anyone different from his cult of racists as a distraction from his own crimes.

So all of a sudden it's not xenophobic to "keep Mexicans and other Latino immigrants out of the United States"?

You appears to be having difficulty with  the difference between "having a border"  and "brown people are evil". No serious suggestion has ever been made that we ought not have a border - the actual debate has been about how to handle immigration. Rather than participating in that debate, your party has instead been making the latter claim for years.

Really? Do you consider yourself an "antifascist"? Well, they say: "No border, no wall, no USA at all!"

Don't try to write them off as isolated or insignificant. Keith Ellison has worn a shirt in public that says: "I do not believe in borders." He's the Deputy Chair of the Democratic Party.

And a Harvard poll in June found that 36% of Democrats, 43% of the 18-34 group and 46% of self-described liberals outright support "basically open borders." If you extrapolate from the poll, at least 50,000,000 American voters overall support open borders.

No serious suggestion has ever been made? Is the Democratic Party's deputy leader nobody? Are 50 million voters nobody?

So for all the leftists here, what is your specific and detailed solution to keep the border safe?

You've told us what you hate. Now tell us what you want.

Safe from what?

Data on your alleged threats please.  I'm guessing you're not talking about an immigration policy that encourages illegal immigration while simultaneously making it far more hazardous.

My first suggestion would be a crackdown on employers of illegal immigrants, starting with Donald Trump.

So for all the leftists here, what is your specific and detailed solution to keep the border safe?

So, DataGuy, I'll ask again: what data can you provide us on the completely unspecified threats from which you claim the border needs to be kept safe?

Completely unspecified threats?

Like the 1,500,000 pounds of illegal drugs that come across the border every year? According to The Arizona Republic, "seizures of hard drugs like heroin and methamphetamine spiked to the highest levels in years."

Or the brutal MS-13 gang crossing the border in skyrocketing numbers? They kill people with machetes and mangle their bodies. There's up to 1,200 of them already living in the Houston area alone.

Why can't people do their own research before saying things like this?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2018, 02:33:51 PM »

Via CNN

• Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, speaking on the Senate floor just before noon, said Senate Democrats “are not budging on the wall.”
  • House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, at her weekly press conference this morning, didn’t have much insight into the efforts of House Republicans, saying they appear to be in a “meltdown." She added that Democrats are prepared to support the clean continuing resolution. Pelosi made it clear that Democrats will not support anything that includes funding for a border wall.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2018, 02:57:31 PM »

Their words are meaningless because when it comes down to it they'll put the wall funding in anyway, and then come back with "well we did everything we could to stop it"
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2018, 04:55:37 PM »

Wow! It's almost like Democrats across the board think immigration and border security are real concerns, and are opposed to a useless waste of billions on Demented Donald's desperate attempt to erect a monument to his ego and xenophobia.

Thank you for the enlightening post!

So, the Democrats oppose Trump's wall because it's "xenophobic" and it costs billions?

Again, per the Boston Globe: "Democrats were more than willing to offer big sums of taxpayer money to keep Mexicans and other Latino immigrants out of the United States." That wasn't xenophobic?

Amazingly enough, sane and decent human beings see a difference between exercising some control, according to well-established law, of their own borders, and on the other hand supporting a racist crook whose only real agenda is demonizing anyone different from his cult of racists as a distraction from his own crimes.

So all of a sudden it's not xenophobic to "keep Mexicans and other Latino immigrants out of the United States"?

You appears to be having difficulty with  the difference between "having a border"  and "brown people are evil". No serious suggestion has ever been made that we ought not have a border - the actual debate has been about how to handle immigration. Rather than participating in that debate, your party has instead been making the latter claim for years.

Really? Do you consider yourself an "antifascist"? Well, they say: "No border, no wall, no USA at all!"

Don't try to write them off as isolated or insignificant. Keith Ellison has worn a shirt in public that says: "I do not believe in borders." He's the Deputy Chair of the Democratic Party.

And a Harvard poll in June found that 36% of Democrats, 43% of the 18-34 group and 46% of self-described liberals outright support "basically open borders." If you extrapolate from the poll, at least 50,000,000 American voters overall support open borders.

No serious suggestion has ever been made? Is the Democratic Party's deputy leader nobody? Are 50 million voters nobody?

Safe from what?

Data on your alleged threats please.  I'm guessing you're not talking about an immigration policy that encourages illegal immigration while simultaneously making it far more hazardous.

My first suggestion would be a crackdown on employers of illegal immigrants, starting with Donald Trump.

So, DataGuy, I'll ask again: what data can you provide us on the completely unspecified threats from which you claim the border needs to be kept safe?

Completely unspecified threats?

Like the 1,500,000 pounds of illegal drugs that come across the border every year? According to The Arizona Republic, "seizures of hard drugs like heroin and methamphetamine spiked to the highest levels in years."

Or the brutal MS-13 gang crossing the border in skyrocketing numbers? They kill people with machetes and mangle their bodies. There's up to 1,200 of them already living in the Houston area alone.

Why can't people do their own research before saying things like this?

I'm not doing your research. You claimed the border was unsafe, as though it were an established fact - like gravity or global warming. I do not think there is such a common consensus.

I do appreciate that you have taken the time to explain your claims and provide support for them. That is something many of us (yes, on both sides) often fail to do. Detailed responses are not so easy as flippant ones.

I do not agree with your claims and will explain why as my time over the upcoming holidays permits. Thank you for your response.

I will finish my post with one question that will help shape my later response: Even if everything you say is true, why do you think Trump's Wall would be an effective or efficient response?
DataGuy
Rookie

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2018, 07:00:36 PM »

Look forward to your response. I always welcome intelligent debates.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies