Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:17:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 358110 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: November 24, 2019, 11:06:10 PM »

All in for Stacey and KLB (who's a MASSIVE part of why he's doing so well in GA)

how?  what are they doing for him?

I suspect what helps Biden most in GA is being Obama's VP.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 09:55:51 PM »

Why has no one mentioned Barbara Mikulski?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 08:27:42 PM »

interesting profile of Abrams from 2015 (h/t @ZaidJilani )

Reading Stacey Abrams’ bio, it’s tough to see how she has all the time to fit everything in. She’s co-founded a financial services firm, NOWaccount, Nourish, Inc, a beverage company those focuses on toddlers and infants and is the CEO of Sage Works, a legal advisory firm. She serves as general counsel to the Atlanta Dream and is the COO of Insomnia Group, an Atlanta firm specializing in investment and development for business projects.

One other unexpected detail: In an interview with Womenetics, a B2B services firm that specializes in helping women professionals, Ms. Abrams named three favorite books: The Institutionist, Ender’s Game and… Atlas Shrugged, not exactly a book at the top of most Democrat reading lists. Womenetics called her a “serial entrepreneur” and clearly she has a passion for business. As to how does that translate to the tough business of navigating the politics of Georgia as a Democrat legislator, she seems to have found quick success...
https://www.southernpoliticalreport.com/2015/10/15/house-minority-leader-abrams-talks-new-georgia-project-gig-economy-and-upcoming-session/
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 10:05:37 PM »

Whitmer gave great oppo to a VP candidacy when she made an executive order banning people from buying seeds and child car seats at the store, using a motorboat, etc.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 03:55:10 PM »

Of the ones being talked about, Duckworth or Bass would be smartest.  The others have too much baggage.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 10:32:27 AM »

Biden is doing an excellent job keeping everyone guessing.

Agreed, but I'd still be very surprised if it's not Kamala Harris.

Picking someone in this environment who attacked him on racial issues seems risky.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 03:30:00 PM »

After thinking about it a bunch I really think Duckworth is the best choice to be vp Harris just seems like a huge mistake the more I think about it with Duckworth their is literally no downside

No Susan Rice is the only big mistake. Can't believe the hype she is getting lately.

I'm still waiting on why she would be a big mistake. I only hear, Benghazi! Like that's a real political issue and she wasn't Secretary of State when it happened.

She was the one who went on tv and lied about it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 05:46:59 PM »

Honestly, her vote on the defense budget cuts is irrelevant. She's had the MOST progressive voting record in the Senate since she assumed office in 2017.

Also, she explained that the reason she voted against the amendment was that the cuts were too broad. She stated that she supports more targeted cuts and that she would support such measures in the future.

Also, the amendment wasn't going to pass anyways it was more of a "show" amendment.

Oh yes, total workhorse Kamala Harris concentrating on the issues that matter like trying to get Twitter to ban Trump's account.
Wow, I've never heard that one before. You're so clever! Roll Eyes.

Anyways, Trump's Twitter account should be banned and that's not even close to most of what Kamala has advocated for in her 3 years as a Senator. I wouldn't expect you or most people on Atlas to care though.

Don't even bother trying to explain. These anti-Kamala people are purely irrational; they cannot be reasoned and will continue to choose to only see what they want to see despite what is true.

Oh no it’s obvious why certain anti-Kamala people act like that - they know she’s intelligent and charismatic and would easily win the nomination in 2024, and don’t like the idea that they’ll have to wait until 2032 for another chance at their candidate - but of course the Dems won’t win four elections in a row, so it’s more like 2040.

That's my problem too. People keep criticizing me because they know I'm an intelligent and charismatic winner. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 07:20:58 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies