Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:25:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 366344 times)
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6175 on: August 10, 2020, 08:25:13 AM »

Hi Guys I am "new" here. I was under just Kylar as my user name for a while but I lost my password, sorry about that. I am a 23 year old GOP voter from WI and had the great honor of being Columbia County WI's chair for Ted Cruz when he ran in 2016. Like you I am dying to know Biden's vp pick, and hope it is today.
I typed bidenwhitmer.com into google and got a link to the DNC donations page. Interesting...
Welcome to the forum!
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #6176 on: August 10, 2020, 08:27:10 AM »

So no announcement today?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6177 on: August 10, 2020, 08:29:40 AM »

Could happen midday
Kylar Nicholas
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6178 on: August 10, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »

Hi Guys I am "new" here. I was under just Kylar as my user name for a while but I lost my password, sorry about that. I am a 23 year old GOP voter from WI and had the great honor of being Columbia County WI's chair for Ted Cruz when he ran in 2016. Like you I am dying to know Biden's vp pick, and hope it is today.
I typed bidenwhitmer.com into google and got a link to the DNC donations page. Interesting...
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you so much!
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6179 on: August 10, 2020, 08:31:49 AM »

I'm assuming right now is too early for the West Coast. Could be noon-ish EST.
Kylar Nicholas
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6180 on: August 10, 2020, 08:34:26 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2020, 08:41:29 AM by Kylar Nicholas »

I'm assuming right now is too early for the West Coast. Could be noon-ish EST.
It is daybreak on the West Coast, not even 7AMEST in CA. Let us pray it comes today. I am betting Whitmer or Harris.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6181 on: August 10, 2020, 08:45:58 AM »

Are we waiting on a text message? Do we think we'll get some type of semblance beforehand that the announcement is 'imminent'? Or do we think the scoop will just come out of nowhere.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #6182 on: August 10, 2020, 08:47:54 AM »

Are we waiting on a text message? Do we think we'll get some type of semblance beforehand that the announcement is 'imminent'? Or do we think the scoop will just come out of nowhere.

Probably some semblance beforehand.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6183 on: August 10, 2020, 08:52:18 AM »

Casual reminder to everyone that the expectation that Biden will announce today is based on speculation. It is probable speculation, a lot of the precedent and preconditions appear to be met, but don't be surprised if we end up having to wait until Friday.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #6184 on: August 10, 2020, 08:52:42 AM »

President Donald Trump (R-FL) / Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)
Fmr. Vice President Joe Biden (D-DE) / That Fox News reporter (R-FX) ✔
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #6185 on: August 10, 2020, 08:53:29 AM »

it's still not out!?!

ugh i'm going back to bed
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6186 on: August 10, 2020, 08:55:58 AM »

We've waited a LONG time for this, but even the thought of waiting till Friday seems like a lifetime to go at this point lol
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6187 on: August 10, 2020, 09:03:09 AM »

We've waited a LONG time for this, but even the thought of waiting till Friday seems like a lifetime to go at this point lol

Oh my god the idea of waiting until Friday makes my brain hurt. I feel like a junkie who needs a fix.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #6188 on: August 10, 2020, 09:12:22 AM »

Its Bass, Demings or Harris, its either of them and Harris against the field. But, Harris didnt finish the primary and wasnt fully vetted, she has Willie Brown baggage, that Rs are bound to bring out.

This is why I supported her for Prez, but not Veep, she dropped out too early just like Booker, I have no patience for someone like that
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6189 on: August 10, 2020, 09:14:15 AM »

I want to have: Harris, Warren, Whitmer, in this order

I expect to be picked: Harris, perhaps Rice

Plz not: Karen Bass, though I don't see it anymore. Rice would be "meh".
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #6190 on: August 10, 2020, 09:16:22 AM »

This has to be one of the most well-kept VP choices in recent years, right? All "leaks" were random people speculating, everything we know right now is from a fligt data, a wikipedia page change, stuff like that. We don't even know who was interviewed except one person who had to travel on plane. The fact that some in the media are spinning this as a "dems in disarray" narrative is honestly ridiculous- on the contrary, this is quite an impressive show of a tight ship from the Biden camp.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6191 on: August 10, 2020, 09:18:34 AM »

Rice would be a disaster. I know the right will create conspiracies about any of the candidates, but Rice has verifiably bad things in her file that could alienate the left and the independents. She adds nothing to the ticket that Biden doesn't already bring (foreign policy experience especially) or isn't brought by another candidate in spades. I will still make a case for her if she's the pick, but it's not going to be easy. If Trump was elected as a direct response to the Obama administration, we don't need two Obama administration officials running to unseat Trump.

It's part of the reason why I don't want Karen Bass to be the pick either--even though we are ideologically similar, the comments about Castro and scientology are going to be run nonstop on all right wing media.
Barack Oganja

« Reply #6192 on: August 10, 2020, 09:22:56 AM »

Rice would be a disaster. I know the right will create conspiracies about any of the candidates, but Rice has verifiably bad things in her file that could alienate the left and the independents. She adds nothing to the ticket that Biden doesn't already bring (foreign policy experience especially) or isn't brought by another candidate in spades. I will still make a case for her if she's the pick, but it's not going to be easy. If Trump was elected as a direct response to the Obama administration, we don't need two Obama administration officials running to unseat Trump.

It's part of the reason why I don't want Karen Bass to be the pick either--even though we are ideologically similar, the comments about Castro and scientology are going to be run nonstop on all right wing media.
I'm also nervous about selecting someone who has never been an elected official, we have no idea knowing how she'll hold up under national scrutiny. Say what you want about Harris but we've seen her debate, campaign, etc. Also, the fact that her son is a Trump supporter is kind of weird lol
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #6193 on: August 10, 2020, 09:31:22 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2020, 09:44:18 AM by CraneHusband »

I agree with this. That's why I'm hoping for Harris or Warren, with a preference for the latter. Don't want Whitmer, too moderate, Bass has too much baggage, Demings has little name recognition and a "law and order" candidate shouldn't be high on the Dems' priorities. Rice for all the reasons you said. I would be okay with Michelle Lujan Grisham but she doesn't have much of a national profile. Neutral on Duckworth, seems pretty personable but I'm skeptical about her recent no vote on reeling in the military budget. We don't need another party leader who will rubber stamp the MIC.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #6194 on: August 10, 2020, 09:43:17 AM »

If it's Bass, Rice, Abrams or Demmings I'm not voting for this guy. Biden on his own was not a great candidate and it's taken everything I have to get over the way he was carried to the finish line by the rest of the establishment. If it's Harris or Whitmer I won't vomit in rage. If it's Warren I'll laugh at the inevitable train wreck and the fact that Joe spent 3 or 4 months deliberating just so he could take the political equivalent of his work wife on the ticket with him and all I got left with is a 70 year old "mom and pop" ticket.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6195 on: August 10, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »

If it's Bass, Rice, Abrams or Demmings I'm not voting for this guy. Biden on his own was not a great candidate and it's taken everything I have to get over the way he was carried to the finish line by the rest of the establishment. If it's Harris or Whitmer I won't vomit in rage. If it's Warren I'll laugh at the inevitable train wreck and the fact that Joe spent 5 months deliberating just so he could take the political equivalent of his work wife on the ticket with him and all I got left with is a 70 year old "mom and pop" ticket.

While I agree Bass and Abrams would be poor picks and Rice not that great either, as Dem, there is just no excuse not voting for Biden and risk another 4 years of Mr. Trump. I'm very sorry, but that's just my opinion.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #6196 on: August 10, 2020, 09:54:42 AM »

Well it feels imminent, even if it could happen anytime this week. My final guess is Harris, just because she's the obvious pick. Whitmer wouldn't be that surprising, but Rice would be a pretty shocking pick. My top pick is still Warren but there's basically no chance she gets picked.
Sadader
Botswana

« Reply #6197 on: August 10, 2020, 09:54:52 AM »

Rice can be SoS, NSA again, or even one of the first two Senators from DC (which she professed to be her childhood dream!). Pick someone with actual governing experience (Whitmer?) to be Veep. Joe has a very high chance of dying in his first term (~20% if he was average, probably lower b/c he’s in good health). Rice is a complete unknown. Will she be able to lead the country through the death of its President? Will anyone even like her? Biden needs more than a conscripted buddy.

I don’t want to project my own feelings (I will anyway), but I don’t think an insanely wealthy person who’s only worked 2 years of a real job in her life is Presidential material. I like literally every other candidate. Even Bass is a (far) safer choice!
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #6198 on: August 10, 2020, 09:59:04 AM »

If it's Bass, Rice, Abrams or Demmings I'm not voting for this guy. Biden on his own was not a great candidate and it's taken everything I have to get over the way he was carried to the finish line by the rest of the establishment. If it's Harris or Whitmer I won't vomit in rage. If it's Warren I'll laugh at the inevitable train wreck and the fact that Joe spent 5 months deliberating just so he could take the political equivalent of his work wife on the ticket with him and all I got left with is a 70 year old "mom and pop" ticket.

While I agree Bass and Abrams would be poor picks and Rice not that great either, as Dem, there is just no excuse not voting for Biden and risk another 4 years of Mr. Trump. I'm very sorry, but that's just my opinion.

I sincerely understand why you feel that way. More than you can possibly know. But unfortunately for me, my political loyalties are very loose at best. I am a DINO by proxy simply for the fact I despise the Florida GOP and am unrepentantly liberal in terms of economic policy, gay rights and the fact that overturning Roe vs Wade is an egregious and disgusting plight that will NOT fix anything because it does not protect women from the unwanted sexual advances of men and does even less to protect women who are victims of rape, incest, threats etc. Ultimately the only way to stop abortion is to stop unwanted pregnancy and Roe vs Wade is a convenient cop out despite of the fact that I agree that abortion is categorical murder.

So in other words you better have a DAMN GOOD candidate if you want me to vote. I may yet refuse to do so because "Not Trump" is not good enough for me. It's why I didn't vote in 2016.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #6199 on: August 10, 2020, 10:03:05 AM »

If it's Bass, Rice, Abrams or Demmings I'm not voting for this guy. Biden on his own was not a great candidate and it's taken everything I have to get over the way he was carried to the finish line by the rest of the establishment. If it's Harris or Whitmer I won't vomit in rage. If it's Warren I'll laugh at the inevitable train wreck and the fact that Joe spent 3 or 4 months deliberating just so he could take the political equivalent of his work wife on the ticket with him and all I got left with is a 70 year old "mom and pop" ticket.

What are your other demands?
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies