Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:31:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 366391 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6025 on: August 09, 2020, 12:44:14 PM »

I have a feeling that it will be Susan Rice even though I support Kamala. Biden will confide in his closest advisers (his wife Jill & his sister Valerie).

Jill apparently is still hesitant about Kamala because of the debates last year and Valerie doesn't like Kamala at all. Biden's team likes Susan Rice and so do Jill & Valerie. Also, Joe might not want to be "outshined" by his VP. It sucks but it is what is.

I think that Susan Rice is one of the worst possible VP picks but ultimately it's up to Joe. It's his decision alone and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

I wouldn’t be shocked if those two urge him to go with his heart and pick Whitmer. It’s hard to be blind to the liability Rice is.
You know Whitmer is the choice he wants in his heart based on what? Your hard on for her?

Plot twist: Devils30 knows the choice Joe Biden wants in his heart because Devils30 IS Joe Biden!!
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #6026 on: August 09, 2020, 12:44:59 PM »

I have a feeling that it will be Susan Rice even though I support Kamala. Biden will confide in his closest advisers (his wife Jill & his sister Valerie).

Jill apparently is still hesitant about Kamala because of the debates last year and Valerie doesn't like Kamala at all. Biden's team likes Susan Rice and so do Jill & Valerie. Also, Joe might not want to be "outshined" by his VP. It sucks but it is what is.

I think that Susan Rice is one of the worst possible VP picks but ultimately it's up to Joe. It's his decision alone and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

I wouldn’t be shocked if those two urge him to go with his heart and pick Whitmer. It’s hard to be blind to the liability Rice is.
You know Whitmer is the choice he wants in his heart based on what? Your hard on for her?
He latches on to the flavour of the month. Anyone but Kamala. Last week it was Duckworth
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6027 on: August 09, 2020, 12:47:08 PM »

Biden hinting at Val Demings for VP:

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6028 on: August 09, 2020, 12:51:48 PM »

https://prospect.org/politics/susan-rice-has-a-disclosure-problem/

Not a good look for Rice here, Trump would feast on it.

At 44 years old, Rice was the wealthiest person in the entire Obama Cabinet upon her appointment in 2009. Her net worth clocked in between $23.5 million and $43.5 million, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics. That made her richer even than Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Rice is almost certainly richer now than she was in 2009, though we don’t know where that wealth is coming from. But if that money was enough to functionally disqualify her from secretary of state in 2012, it should certainly have an impact upon deciding her fitness for a higher role.
Wow, very shameful to see posters tearing down a Black woman just because she's been successful. Hate to see it!
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #6029 on: August 09, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »

Biden signals Al Gore is the pick:
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #6030 on: August 09, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2020, 12:55:50 PM by ultraviolet »

No...
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #6031 on: August 09, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »

Plot twist: Devils30 knows the choice Joe Biden wants in his heart because Devils30 IS Joe Biden!!

I wish 😂
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6032 on: August 09, 2020, 12:57:15 PM »

Biden hinting at Val Demings for VP:

Jesus Christ, just stop already.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6033 on: August 09, 2020, 12:59:03 PM »

When did Gore become a woman?
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6034 on: August 09, 2020, 01:05:46 PM »

Did you just assume Al Gore's gender?
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6035 on: August 09, 2020, 01:10:38 PM »

Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #6036 on: August 09, 2020, 01:11:39 PM »

Well, the way things are going on the left it wouldn't surprise me. Wink She would probably be a better vice president then most of the choices within my opinion. lol
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6037 on: August 09, 2020, 01:12:46 PM »

Well, the way things are going on the left it wouldn't surprise me. Wink She would probably be a better vice president then most of the choices within my opinion. lol

Go away, troll.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #6038 on: August 09, 2020, 01:16:06 PM »

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6039 on: August 09, 2020, 01:23:22 PM »

Truly a knee slapper, "Jessica"
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #6040 on: August 09, 2020, 01:34:43 PM »

Girl, gone.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #6041 on: August 09, 2020, 01:40:10 PM »

God, I'm just so thankful it's not gonna be Elizabeth Warren. You guys have no idea how relieved I am. That would have been a Palin-tier disaster.

You know this how?
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #6042 on: August 09, 2020, 01:41:39 PM »

Please explain how things are going on the left.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6043 on: August 09, 2020, 01:46:13 PM »

Valerie Jarrett (aka the Obama whisperer) seems to be for Rice or Warren, depending on whether Biden wants a VP who's - respectively - stronger on foreign policy or domestic/economic policy:

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6044 on: August 09, 2020, 01:48:52 PM »

Valerie Jarrett (aka the Obama whisperer) seems to be for Rice or Warren, depending on whether Biden wants a VP who's - respectively - stronger on foreign policy or domestic/economic policy:

Curious.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6045 on: August 09, 2020, 01:59:30 PM »

Curious.

Very well could just be a polite answer, since it seems she was directly asked about Warren, and then pivoting to Rice who we hear is the choice of Obamaworld.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6046 on: August 09, 2020, 02:13:44 PM »

The one issue that makes Warren problematic is the Native American ancestry one. Trump is going to harp on that and that gives him and the media a pass to talk about that instead of the real issues. The constant barrage of stories about whether or not Warren lied about being Native American to advance could really be a drag on the ticket.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #6047 on: August 09, 2020, 02:32:30 PM »

The one issue that makes Warren problematic is the Native American ancestry one. Trump is going to harp on that and that gives him and the media a pass to talk about that instead of the real issues. The constant barrage of stories about whether or not Warren lied about being Native American to advance could really be a drag on the ticket.

For Susan Rice it will be about Benghazi. Warren at least has a base. Rice has none. I don;t think Warren would be the worst pick, but I think Biden could do better.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #6048 on: August 09, 2020, 02:33:54 PM »

Honestly, of all the potential downsides of the VP contenders (Harris’ stans and prosecutorial background, Rice’s campaign inexperience and Benghazi, etc), “Pocahontas” is probably the least potent attack Trump and the right could make.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #6049 on: August 09, 2020, 02:37:37 PM »

Honestly, of all the potential downsides of the VP contenders (Harris’ stans and prosecutorial background, Rice’s campaign inexperience and Benghazi, etc), “Pocahontas” is probably the least potent attack Trump and the right could make.

This.  It will just knock Trump off whatever passes for a message for him/his campaign.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies