Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 09:26:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 368527 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5500 on: August 06, 2020, 10:07:45 AM »

Chris Dodd is a horrible person & should've never floated Karen Bass without having so much as actually vetted her first.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5501 on: August 06, 2020, 10:09:51 AM »

Chris Dodd is a horrible person & should've never floated Karen Bass without having so much as actually vetted her first.

Biden should have never put him in charge of VP vetting, whether he was his senate buddy or not.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #5502 on: August 06, 2020, 10:16:43 AM »

The “deep dive” nature of the piece also lends credence to a (admittedly conspiratorial) theory I had from the start: Whoever Is Responsible For This fed information to LAT/a credible newspaper when Bass first entered the running, but it was taking too long to hit presses, so they started pumping oppo to The Daily Caller because it would get out faster
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #5503 on: August 06, 2020, 10:52:16 AM »

I feel that vetting Bass could cost her a seat in the House in 2022
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #5504 on: August 06, 2020, 11:12:37 AM »

I feel that vetting Bass could cost her a seat in the House in 2022
Not to get too off-topic but my hope is that KH is appointed to RBG‘s spot-Her biggest weakness is management and her strong issues is questioning, thus making the Supreme Court a much better fit than VP or AG-and Kb and is appointed to her seat
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5505 on: August 06, 2020, 12:10:09 PM »

Stop! Stop! She’s already dead!

Ed Rendell: Do👏🏼 No👏🏼 Harm👏🏼
Lognog
United States

« Reply #5506 on: August 06, 2020, 12:34:29 PM »

Just got one of the automated texted from the Biden campaign and they talked abt holding a fundraiser with her as soon as she is announced and that donations to be there would be accepted now. I think it is coming very soon like this week
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #5507 on: August 06, 2020, 12:39:50 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/gov-gretchen-whitmer-remains-biden-s-list-running-mate-pick-n1236049

Whitmer getting a late surge and this article looks like Biden is pretty serious about her.

Democrats with knowledge of the process tell NBC News Whitmer did not just re-emerge as a potential vice presidential pick, but had long remained in the top tier for the only person with a vote in the process: Biden himself.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5508 on: August 06, 2020, 12:46:05 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/gov-gretchen-whitmer-remains-biden-s-list-running-mate-pick-n1236049

Whitmer getting a late surge and this article looks like Biden is pretty serious about her.

Democrats with knowledge of the process tell NBC News Whitmer did not just re-emerge as a potential vice presidential pick, but had long remained in the top tier for the only person with a vote in the process: Biden himself.

We can only hope Smiley
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5509 on: August 06, 2020, 12:50:43 PM »

Eh, I still think she should wait it out until ‘28, or ‘24 if Biden’s VP doesn’t run, but I’ve warmed up to the idea of her joining the ticket. I was nervous about what the optics would look like, but she’s handled the virus very well and her popularity has been stable for the past couple of months.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5510 on: August 06, 2020, 12:52:20 PM »

Just got one of the automated texted from the Biden campaign and they talked abt holding a fundraiser with her as soon as she is announced and that donations to be there would be accepted now. I think it is coming very soon like this week

Hmmm, Elizabeth Warren is the only potential running mate who's currently scheduled to appear at an upcoming Biden fundraiser (on Tues., Aug. 11th)

👀👀
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #5511 on: August 06, 2020, 12:53:56 PM »

Eh, I still think she should wait it out until ‘28, or ‘24 if Biden’s VP doesn’t run, but I’ve warmed up to the idea of her joining the ticket. I was nervous about what the optics would look like, but she’s handled the virus very well and her popularity has been stable for the past couple of months.

I think her (Whitmer) political ceiling is the highest of any potential running mate. You can see the talent-level of someone who could be a star on the national level.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #5512 on: August 06, 2020, 12:54:30 PM »

Yeah, let's not forget Dick Cheney in particular. As long as the son doesn't start vocally criticising her on twitter and asking people not to vote for her, I can't see it being an issue at all.

He actually might do that though....isn't he a very, very outspoken Trumper?

Even then I can't seeing it being a major issue. Maybe a human interest story for a couple of days, a question at the VP debate, but in times of major recession and deadly pandemic ravaging the nation I can't see the VP nominee's son saying anything really cutting through.

Not sure it will matter either, just not discounting the possibility that he'd actively campaign against his mom.

He has vowed to campaign against Biden even if his mother is picked for VP.

I am sure Fox News will be having this face on once a week if Rice is elected. He can be part of their Zoomer Outreach along with Kaitlyn Poopypants Bennett and that Sandman grifter from the March for Life last year.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #5513 on: August 06, 2020, 12:56:01 PM »

This has probably been posted already, but I’m too lazy to go back 10 pages for 2 days:

New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham (D) will be virtually visiting Pennsylvania on behalf of former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign on Friday to tout the Democratic presidential hopeful’s agenda for the Latino community.

According to a release from the Biden campaign, Lujan Grisham will be leading a virtual roundtable alongside Pennsylvania leaders and advocates to promote Biden’s plans for the Latino community. The event is set to begin at 4 PM on Friday.

“Biden’s comprehensive plan outlines the steps he would take as president to level the playing field for Latino families and ensure Latino communities in Pennsylvania are able to thrive,” according to a link of the event page.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5514 on: August 06, 2020, 12:58:03 PM »

Hmmm, Elizabeth Warren is the only potential running mate who's currently scheduled to appear at an upcoming Biden fundraiser (on Tues., Aug. 11th)

👀👀

Between this and the "our plan to win in November" email gaffe, I'm starting to think Warren stands a real chance.

Oh, how I'd love the rage of a certain Hive if he picked Warren, lmao.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5515 on: August 06, 2020, 01:02:04 PM »

👀👀

Between this and the "our plan to win in November" email gaffe, I'm starting to think Warren stands a real chance.

And not to mention, Warren has been his best grassroots fundraiser.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5516 on: August 06, 2020, 01:04:58 PM »

👀👀

b-b-b-b-b-b-but this shouldn't matter! this totally wasn't the reason (insert Hive candidate) ended her presidential campaign. racist!

Warren brings a huge network of volunteers and donors, and perfectly balances the ticket.

Also, Harris as an AG > Warren in any cabinet spot.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #5517 on: August 06, 2020, 01:09:05 PM »

👀👀

b-b-b-b-b-b-but this shouldn't matter! this totally wasn't the reason (insert Hive candidate) ended her presidential campaign. racist!

Warren brings a huge network of volunteers and donors, and perfectly balances the ticket.

What makes you think Harris would be a better AG than Warren as a Treasury Secretary?
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5518 on: August 06, 2020, 01:13:05 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2020, 01:16:58 PM by MAGugh »

👀👀

What makes you think Harris would be a better AG than Warren as a Treasury Secretary?

Harris has actual experience as an AG, and a law background.

I mean, if Harris did nothing wrong as California AG, she'd make a great AG, logically speaking. No?

It's not like while on the bench she enforced draconian laws and ran an office that went easy on white-collared crime while focusing on crimes that heavily target minorities and the poor.

Or is it all about getting Queen Kamala the power of the VP?

(hint: this is a logic trap to make the case for anyone but Harris as VP)  
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5519 on: August 06, 2020, 01:16:13 PM »

The ticket will not be two white people above the age of 70.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5520 on: August 06, 2020, 01:17:51 PM »

The ticket will not be two white people above the age of 70.

That's why we have Val Demings! Smiley
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #5521 on: August 06, 2020, 01:18:32 PM »

👀👀

Harris has actual experience as an AG, and a law background.

I mean, if Harris did nothing wrong as California AG, she'd make a great AG, logically speaking. No?

It's not like while on the bench she enforced draconian laws and ran an office that went easy on white-collared crime while focusing on crimes that heavily target minorities and the poor.

Or is it all about getting Queen Kamala the power of the VP?

(hint: this is a logic trap to make the case for anyone but Harris as VP)  

Oh, I see what you're doing there haha.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5522 on: August 06, 2020, 01:22:43 PM »

Kamala has a good shot fired at Pence. A preview for what's to come?

South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #5523 on: August 06, 2020, 02:12:33 PM »

I think Whitmer is a decent option for Biden.  I was more sour on her earlier in the process due to the fact that she hadn't been governor very long, but I think her response to the pandemic and experience in dealing with something of that magnitude has changed the calculation a bit.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5524 on: August 06, 2020, 02:15:28 PM »

I think Whitmer is a decent option for Biden.  I was more sour on her earlier in the process due to the fact that she hadn't been governor very long, but I think her response to the pandemic and experience in dealing with something of that magnitude has changed the calculation a bit.

I'd absolutely love her as for the second spot, but I'm not sure whether this could backfire in Michigan if she joined the ticket. Of course, there isn't much campaigning that would consume her time rather than to govern, but it may still be an issue. However, I believe she would be the strongest candidate to win in 2024 or 2028.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies