Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:06:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 366434 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2700 on: June 19, 2020, 02:41:25 PM »

So, spoiler alert: turns out Klobuchars statement was 100% planned.

But Demmings' record as Orlando police chief won't be attacked? Gimme a break.

If the far left goes on about KaMaLa iS a CoP, what would they do with an actual cop?
It's the far left we're talking about. They will be mad if its a black person in general.

Remember when they supported Pete Buttigieg to stop Keith Ellison becoming chair of the DNC?
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #2701 on: June 19, 2020, 02:54:33 PM »

I don’t see how Susan Rice Is not running away with it at this point. A black woman with experience Who is close to Joe without Law And order baggage. Benghazi Was not the deciding factor in Hillary’s loss. This seems like a no brainer to me. She’s also got a big media presence She’s on MSNBC all the time and she’s doing the Bill Maher show tonight.
Susan Rice would be a horrendous pick. Just stop.

He or she is under no obligation to stop.  Maybe try refuting his or her warrants before saying that this person is wrong or should just shut up.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2702 on: June 19, 2020, 03:00:45 PM »

There are some very real concerns with Harris. The #KHive is the center's answer to the Bernie Cult, she clashes with Biden's unity message, and her campaign style resembles the worst electoral instincts of the Democratic Party.

That being said, she brings much more to the ticket than Warren does, and I don't think most people share the concerns I have.

You guys are literally just making sh*t up at this point

So do you have any rebuttals to any of these points?

Or are you just going to ignore the time she laughed and complimented a voter for calling Trump mentally retarded? And don't even give me that "I misheard" BS that she gave when she flip-flopped on her issue.

Or the time her campaign staff walked out and disrupted Bernie's speech - which, according to a Harris staffer, was planned as a response to the Bernie Bro kerfuffle.

Or the countless examples of toxicity and harassment against Bernie supporters on Twitter? 99% of the Bernie Cult-esque behavior has come from the #KHive. Attacking Bernie's Jewish ancestry, laughing at his family dying in the Holocaust, attempting to drum up a false #MeToo accusation against Bernie? All of those incidents came directly from the #KHive - not to mention the droves of supporters who not only would throw the election to Trump if Bernie won, but Warren as well.

Again - I believe that most people won't give a **** about petty political theater (see: Nevada 2020), but to deny it's even there is denying reality.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #2703 on: June 19, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »

List has gotten better. Rice should not be considered. . I know she did not mean his voters,but it's easy to take out of context. This makes me question her instincts.

I absolutely see nothing wrong with her statement. She's 100% right.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #2704 on: June 19, 2020, 03:24:25 PM »

There are some very real concerns with Harris. The #KHive is the center's answer to the Bernie Cult, she clashes with Biden's unity message, and her campaign style resembles the worst electoral instincts of the Democratic Party.

That being said, she brings much more to the ticket than Warren does, and I don't think most people share the concerns I have.

I definitely have the same concerns that you have. Between the craziness of her supporters and the baggage she has, I think people are really overestimating my chances.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2705 on: June 19, 2020, 04:06:52 PM »

Anyone trying to compare Kamala's supporters online to Sanders are being disingenuous. Sanders's online supporters are 100% worse.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #2706 on: June 19, 2020, 04:38:56 PM »

So, spoiler alert: turns out Klobuchars statement was 100% planned.

But Demmings' record as Orlando police chief won't be attacked? Gimme a break.

If the far left goes on about KaMaLa iS a CoP, what would they do with an actual cop?

It's not just the far left who are going to say that in this climate, my dude. Both choices are absolutely terrible, optically, and Biden would legitimately be better served choosing someone tactically less optimal, like Abrams or Bottoms.

Neither of those two can pass the "Ready to be President on Day 1" test. 
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #2707 on: June 19, 2020, 04:46:28 PM »

It isn't that Kamala is the worst idea, I just believe Biden has better options including women of color. Demings would absolutely be a plus for all but the far lefties (Kamala will do no better here). Lujan Grisham isn't high profile but her background in public health, Congress and as Governor would be ideal. Duckworth also as a war hero has a more compelling story.

I just don't see how Kamala resonates with people. Her career is all insider, coastal politics and is heavily focused on social issues as opposed to economic ones. If unemployment is 10% and student debt is even worse in 2022, you can guarantee average voters will turn on this type of party.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2708 on: June 19, 2020, 04:50:37 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2020, 06:19:07 PM by Make PA Blue Again! »

It isn't that Kamala is the worst idea, I just believe Biden has better options including women of color. Demings would absolutely be a plus for all but the far lefties (Kamala will do no better here). Lujan Grisham isn't high profile but her background in public health, Congress and as Governor would be ideal. Duckworth also as a war hero has a more compelling story.

I just don't see how Kamala resonates with people. Her career is all insider, coastal politics and is heavily focused on social issues as opposed to economic ones. If unemployment is 10% and student debt is even worse in 2022, you can guarantee average voters will turn on this type of party.

This ain’t it.

Kamala's campaign rolled out a ton of policy proposals ranging from the environment, to the economy, to farming, and to rural America. Her healthcare policy was arguably the best of the field.

Unfortunately, as I observed, no matter what she said or did, people always accused her of running a platitude campaign.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #2709 on: June 19, 2020, 04:54:08 PM »

This ain’t it.

All these names are fine. The only one that gives me trouble is Susan Rice.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2710 on: June 19, 2020, 04:57:31 PM »

If he picks Baldwin I might go hide.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2711 on: June 19, 2020, 05:01:37 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2020, 05:04:39 PM by Make PA Blue Again! »

This ain’t it.

All these names are fine. The only one that gives me trouble is Susan Rice.

I agree. I personally don't dislike Susan Rice, but she's a very risky choice. Not to mention, picking her makes zero sense. Biden, of all people, does not need a crutch on foreign policy.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #2712 on: June 19, 2020, 05:08:23 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2020, 05:14:25 PM by jrk26 »

??!!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2713 on: June 19, 2020, 05:20:41 PM »

Hide? Lol wdym
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2714 on: June 19, 2020, 05:51:37 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2020, 06:04:41 PM by ATTACK AND DETHRONE GOD »

Anyone trying to compare Kamala's supporters online to Sanders are being disingenuous. Sanders's online supporters are 100% worse.

I've come with examples that they've reached similar levels of toxicity that Bernie has. I've seen both sides erase progressives of color, for example. I would also like to stress that the KHive's most vocal member was even involved in a Tara Reade-esque plot!

I haven't seen Chapo wish COVID on Biden or anything either. The only thing Bernie supporters have done is dox people, which is very wrong.

Of course, we're in #KHiveland, where facts don't matter and posts are good on whether we agree with them instead of whether the facts back them up. And the facts are that if the #KHive isn't as toxic as the cancers in my movement, they're pretty ****ing close 
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2715 on: June 19, 2020, 06:13:57 PM »

I've come with examples that they've reached similar levels of toxicity that Bernie has. I've seen both sides erase progressives of color, for example. I would also like to stress that the KHive's most vocal member was even involved in a Tara Reade-esque plot!

I haven't seen Chapo wish COVID on Biden or anything either. The only thing Bernie supporters have done is dox people, which is very wrong.

Of course, we're in #KHiveland, where facts don't matter and posts are good on whether we agree with them instead of whether the facts back them up. And the facts are that if the #KHive isn't as toxic as the cancers in my movement, they're pretty ****ing close 
Excuse me what?

Anyway, I agree with your point but would say 1) online fan base matters very, very little in the grand scheme of things (this applies to Rose Twitter w/Bernie as well) and 2)the KHive is far, far smaller in membership and influence than Rose Twitter/Bernie Twitter.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2716 on: June 19, 2020, 06:27:04 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2020, 06:59:21 PM by ATTACK AND DETHRONE GOD »

Excuse me what?

Anyway, I agree with your point but would say 1) online fan base matters very, very little in the grand scheme of things (this applies to Rose Twitter w/Bernie as well) and 2)the KHive is far, far smaller in membership and influence than Rose Twitter/Bernie Twitter.

Now known as KHiveQueenBee on Twitter. Generally a source of a lot of the toxicity and harassment coming from the Hive. She's also enabled a lot of bad actors to evade bans on Twitter (Dane Weeks, Kenny Walden, who sent a death threat to Bernie). She's essentially the #KHive's answer to the Chapo Boys.

1) I've acknowledged this point multiple times. To your credit, you've been very consistent on this issue. It's a welcome change from "LOL AT LEAST THEY AREN'T AS TOXIC AS THE BERNIE BROS!"

2) They're about to get a hell of a lot bigger, plus Kamala and Biden have actively endorsed the group. There's going to be a major spotlight shone on them.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #2717 on: June 19, 2020, 06:52:45 PM »

I don’t see how Susan Rice Is not running away with it at this point. A black woman with experience Who is close to Joe without Law And order baggage. Benghazi Was not the deciding factor in Hillary’s loss. This seems like a no brainer to me. She’s also got a big media presence She’s on MSNBC all the time and she’s doing the Bill Maher show tonight.
Susan Rice would be a horrendous pick. Just stop.

He or she is under no obligation to stop.  Maybe try refuting his or her warrants before saying that this person is wrong or should just shut up.
You're being a hypocrite with your last sentence. Also, don't get your panties in a twist, it wasn't that serious.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2718 on: June 19, 2020, 07:00:03 PM »

She is a solid pick.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #2719 on: June 19, 2020, 07:02:18 PM »

Oh got it, I keep forgetting you want the racist, fascist, idiot Trump to win.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2720 on: June 19, 2020, 07:53:25 PM »

At the end of the day, Kamala objectively checks off the most boxes for Biden. Not to mention, she's been out there constantly in the last few weeks trying to be a part of the current conversation. For better or for worse, Demings has not done that.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2721 on: June 19, 2020, 08:18:18 PM »

At the end of the day, Kamala objectively checks off the most boxes for Biden. Not to mention, she's been out there constantly in the last few weeks trying to be a part of the current conversation. For better or for worse, Demings has not done that.

That's generally my view of the situation as well. I was arguing for Pressley. Sure, she doesn't have as much experience as Harris or Demings, but she also helps turn out the progressive vote as well as the black vote.

The positives of having Harris on the ticket outweigh the negatives. Warts and all, I've actually grown more bullish about what she brings to the ticket.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2722 on: June 19, 2020, 08:28:26 PM »

This. Worst, this sets up the direction of Democratic politics for the rest of the decade. You have to look past one election. Her getting picked would be a disaster for the country, but this is the current timeline, which is of course why Biden will pick her.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #2723 on: June 19, 2020, 08:40:10 PM »

This. Worst, this sets up the direction of Democratic politics for the rest of the decade. You have to look past one election. Her getting picked would be a disaster for the country, but this is the current timeline, which is of course why Biden will pick her.

Politically and ideologically, Harris is about as close to "generic Democrat" as you're going to get. I wouldn't call that a disaster.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #2724 on: June 19, 2020, 08:43:03 PM »

Exactly. The concern is that the economy is slow to recover for people making less than 200K a year but those with fancy degrees in NY, DC, SF enjoy her version of politically correct liberalism while the rest of America burns. Another decade of low wages and more student debt/people not purchasing homes might truly set up another Great Depression that lasts longer than the current COVID shutdown. Harris donors will not push back against globalization whatsoever even if most Americans are tired of a tax code that benefits multinational corporations. 
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies