Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:26:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 360229 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2300 on: June 09, 2020, 08:16:35 AM »

^I would think Demings over KLB because Florida is closer than Georgia.
They’re both toss-up states. Also KLB has strong name ID in the Atlanta metro as the executive of the state’s capitol and most visible city. Demings is some random Congresswoman.

What does Bottoms adds to the ticket aside from being black?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2301 on: June 09, 2020, 08:55:32 AM »

We can now all agree that Warren isnt gonna be picked

I disagree. There's no reason to think that Warren isn't still in the running.  What made her appealing two weeks ago still makes her appealing today.  Or do we really think Biden will make such a consequential decision based solely on today's New York Time's front page? 

I think he very well may.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2302 on: June 09, 2020, 10:25:44 AM »

Abrams should be definitely be picked, we dont need anymore Susan Rice picks, she can hold her own in a debate against Pence. Harris is definitely another Valerie Jarrett, but Warren doesnt have to be Veep, she can be a cabinet position as SOS. Biden must shake up the status quo. Many AA support Abrams not Warren or Harris, but unlike Harris, Warren is definitely SOS material. Just like Klobuchar,  whom is AG material and will prosecute Trump
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #2303 on: June 09, 2020, 10:40:16 AM »

He will pick someone qualified like Demings, Harris or one of the other Senators, not a woman who lost her race for Governor and spends more time complaining than anything.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #2304 on: June 09, 2020, 10:42:47 AM »

Abrams should be definitely be picked, we dont need anymore Susan Rice picks, she can hold her own in a debate against Pence. Harris is definitely another Valerie Jarrett, but Warren doesnt have to be Veep, she can be a cabinet position as SOS. Biden must shake up the status quo. Many AA support Abrams not Warren or Harris, but unlike Harris, Warren is definitely SOS material. Just like Klobuchar,  whom is AG material and will prosecute Trump

Warren as Secretary of State is one of the absurdist of the things you've ever suggested on this forum.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2305 on: June 09, 2020, 12:11:26 PM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2306 on: June 09, 2020, 12:14:59 PM »

Quite a pickle. Biden needs to energize young voters and black voters while also not appearing insensitive on criminal justice issues, which Harris isn't exactly a safe pick for... Granted, she has been working to reverse her liabilities on that issue, but there is only so much you can do. In the end, concrete actions she took in the past still speak louder than her words in the present.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2307 on: June 09, 2020, 12:16:37 PM »

Quite a pickle. Biden needs to energize young voters and black voters while also not appearing insensitive on criminal justice issues, which Harris isn't exactly a safe pick for... Granted, she has been working to reverse her liabilities on that issue, but there is only so much you can do. In the end, concrete actions she took in the past still speak louder than her words in the present.
TBH, what you just described is Warren. Only problem for me is she is too old, and I think we need contrast in terms of age on the ticket.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2308 on: June 09, 2020, 12:22:39 PM »

The Question is what is Joe Biden thinking:

Will he just look at Election 2020 or will he look beyond that?

If it's just about 2020 for him and getting Trump out of the WH he probably picks either Warren if its a White Female or Demings if he wants a Woman of Colour. Both though would struggle mightyly getting the Democratic Nomination in 2024 and would also have a hard time winning the General as well. Demings for being one of the House Impeachment Managers and Warren because of her radical leftist views in the mold of Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

If it's beyond 2020 Harris or Abrams would probably his choice.

And to all Kamala Admirers: Let's face it...if she doesn't get pick for VP her Political Career is OVAH. She has no Accomplishments to run on for 2024. Vice President is her last hope to get something out of her career otherwise IMO she is tremendously overrated to me.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2309 on: June 09, 2020, 12:29:44 PM »

TBH, what you just described is Warren. Only problem for me is she is too old, and I think we need contrast in terms of age on the ticket.

He's kind of limited his options by promising to elect a female VP, so I don't know if age should be another limiting issue - at least unless they are as old as he is, as they would be in no better position to take over if something happened to him.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2310 on: June 09, 2020, 12:31:14 PM »

And to all Kamala Admirers: Let's face it...if she doesn't get pick for VP her Political Career is OVAH. She has no Accomplishments to run on for 2024. Vice President is her last hope to get something out of her career otherwise IMO she is tremendously overrated to me.

Failing to become the nominee for president in one cycle hasn't stopped politicians before (example: literally Joe Biden). Not to say she will, but losing out this year doesn't really close the book for good.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2311 on: June 09, 2020, 12:34:54 PM »

Failing to become the nominee for president in one cycle hasn't stopped politicians before (example: literally Joe Biden). Not to say she will, but losing out this year doesn't really close the book for good.

And Ronald Reagan, and Mitt Romney, and John McCain, and Richard Nixon.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2312 on: June 09, 2020, 12:46:38 PM »

That's true what you say BUT on what Accomplishments will Harris run again if she doesn't get picked for Veep? Tell us! She hasn't crafted or co-sponsored any big Legislation since being elected to the Senate. Just running to become the first African-American Woman POTUS won't do the trick if you can't run on some things you have accomplished!
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2313 on: June 09, 2020, 01:02:17 PM »

If I was Kamala Harris, I would copy+paste the House bill, tweak it just a little bit, introduce it in the Senate and give a bunch of passionate speeches on the Senate floor demanding that it be passed.  Make sure they're broadcast everywhere.  I bet Biden's team would be willing to help her in this, since it's in their interests to paper over this weakness.

Other than the lingering impact of the three-year-long "Kamala is a cop" smear campaign launched against her by the Sanders wing, Harris is the perfect candidate on paper.  And right now is a perfect opportunity for her to cover that weakness. 
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2314 on: June 09, 2020, 01:03:33 PM »

And Ronald Reagan, and Mitt Romney, and John McCain, and Richard Nixon.
Yeah, that's right. Comparing Harris to Reagan, Romney or McCain who actually accomplished something is absolutely the right thing to do Huh In what universe do you live in?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2315 on: June 09, 2020, 01:09:52 PM »

If I was Kamala Harris, I would copy+paste the House bill, tweak it just a little bit, introduce it in the Senate and give a bunch of passionate speeches on the Senate floor demanding that it be passed.  Make sure they're broadcast everywhere.  I bet Biden's team would be willing to help her in this, since it's in their interests to paper over this weakness.

Other than the lingering impact of the three-year-long "Kamala is a cop" smear campaign launched against her by the Sanders wing, Harris is the perfect candidate on paper.  And right now is a perfect opportunity for her to cover that weakness. 
Harris is in my view tremendously overrated. I would give her fellow Californian, Governor Gavin Newsom a far better chance winning the Democratic Nomination in 2024 if Trump wins in 2020 or if Biden wins and doesn't run for Reelection.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2316 on: June 09, 2020, 02:38:39 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 02:42:25 PM by Everything Burns... »

If Biden's picking an African-American VP, then Harris is easily the best pick and I say that as someone who both 1) has never liked Harris very much to begin with and 2) thinks there are at least two far better picks available to Biden than Harris (Duckworth and Whitmer, CCM would've been too were she interested).

I mean, the real question is how many AAs who wouldn't vote for Biden otherwise will vote for him if he picks an AA running-mate.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #2317 on: June 09, 2020, 02:39:51 PM »

Other than the lingering impact of the three-year-long "Kamala is a cop" smear campaign launched against her by the Sanders wing, Harris is the perfect candidate on paper.  And right now is a perfect opportunity for her to cover that weakness.  

Thanks Obama Sanders

And I found her overrated/overhyped before she was even a Senator, let alone primary candidate
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #2318 on: June 09, 2020, 03:22:42 PM »

Other than the lingering impact of the three-year-long "Kamala is a cop" smear campaign launched against her by the Sanders wing, Harris is the perfect candidate on paper.  And right now is a perfect opportunity for her to cover that weakness.  

Thanks Obama Sanders

And I found her overrated/overhyped before she was even a Senator, let alone primary candidate
Did you vote in the Senate election in 2016? If so, did you vote for Loretta Sanchez?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #2319 on: June 09, 2020, 03:32:27 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 05:22:51 PM by Monstro »

Thanks Obama Sanders

Did you vote in the Senate election in 2016? If so, did you vote for Loretta Sanchez?

I did vote in 2016 & I did vote for Harris.

I distinctly remember the debate they had where Harris sleepwalked through it while Sanchez flossed dabbed. Sanchez never seemed to take that race seriously enough
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #2320 on: June 09, 2020, 03:58:57 PM »

A friend was watching the funeral today and asked me why  sheila Jackson lee was not on the shortlist. I had no good answer. What do y’all think?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2321 on: June 09, 2020, 04:04:45 PM »

A friend was watching the funeral today and asked me why  sheila Jackson lee was not on the shortlist. I had no good answer. What do y’all think?
Is this going to be a thing until August? Naming every Black woman on Earth and asking why they aren’t in the conversation? LOL.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2322 on: June 09, 2020, 04:06:57 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 04:10:12 PM by Roll Roons »

She's a lunatic who says the absolute dumbest things and makes Amy Klobuchar look like Mother Teresa in the way she treats her staff. And she somehow went to Yale for undergrad and UVA for law. Not that the second part's relevant, but I find it amazing that someone who went to such prestigious schools could be that much of an idiot.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #2323 on: June 09, 2020, 04:18:50 PM »

Is this going to be a thing until August? Naming every Black woman on Earth and asking why they aren’t in the conversation? LOL.

I mean, why not Halle Berry?
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #2324 on: June 09, 2020, 04:22:17 PM »

Thanks Obama Sanders

I did vote in 2016 & I did vote for Harris.

I distinctly remember the debate they had where Harris sleepwalked through it while Sanchez flossed. Sanchez never seemed to take that race seriously enough

My favorite part was when Sanchez did a dab during the Senate debate.  It was like what the hell, lol.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies