Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:46:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 368305 times)
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6200 on: August 10, 2020, 10:03:29 AM »

If it's Bass, Rice, Abrams or Demmings I'm not voting for this guy. Biden on his own was not a great candidate and it's taken everything I have to get over the way he was carried to the finish line by the rest of the establishment. If it's Harris or Whitmer I won't vomit in rage. If it's Warren I'll laugh at the inevitable train wreck and the fact that Joe spent 5 months deliberating just so he could take the political equivalent of his work wife on the ticket with him and all I got left with is a 70 year old "mom and pop" ticket.

While I agree Bass and Abrams would be poor picks and Rice not that great either, as Dem, there is just no excuse not voting for Biden and risk another 4 years of Mr. Trump. I'm very sorry, but that's just my opinion.

I sincerely understand why you feel that way. More than you can possibly know. But unfortunately for me, my political loyalties are very loose at best. I am a DINO by proxy simply for the fact I despise the Florida GOP and am unrepentantly liberal in terms of economic policy, gay rights and the fact that overturning Roe vs Wade is an egregious and disgusting plight that will NOT fix anything because it does not protect women from the unwanted sexual advances of men and does even less to protect women who are victims of rape, incest, threats etc. Ultimately the only way to stop abortion is to stop unwanted pregnancy and Roe vs Wade is a convenient cop out despite of the fact that I agree that abortion is categorical murder.

So in other words you better have a DAMN GOOD candidate if you want me to vote. I may yet refuse to do so because "Not Trump" is not good enough for me. It's why I didn't vote in 2016.

"Not being a fascist" is not a good enough reason for you to vote against a fascist?
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #6201 on: August 10, 2020, 10:04:14 AM »

I, too, like to fight about things that have already been decided.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6202 on: August 10, 2020, 10:11:58 AM »

If it's Bass, Rice, Abrams or Demmings I'm not voting for this guy. Biden on his own was not a great candidate and it's taken everything I have to get over the way he was carried to the finish line by the rest of the establishment. If it's Harris or Whitmer I won't vomit in rage. If it's Warren I'll laugh at the inevitable train wreck and the fact that Joe spent 3 or 4 months deliberating just so he could take the political equivalent of his work wife on the ticket with him and all I got left with is a 70 year old "mom and pop" ticket.

Can you imagine how unpleasant life would be if people could actually vomit in rage?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #6203 on: August 10, 2020, 10:12:10 AM »

I, too, like to fight about things that have already been decided.

That's the whole point of this entire forum!
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #6204 on: August 10, 2020, 10:13:00 AM »

What are Susan Rice's domestic policies? Her foreign policy is large bad.

Also, how would she work with Congress? She probably has only a surface level understanding of Congress just like most Americans. How would be stand up to or bring Republicans to the table?
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #6205 on: August 10, 2020, 10:36:59 AM »

The polls seem to be tightening in MI and WI. That's one reason I am definitely taking the Whitmer idea seriously. Biden cannot mess around and Harris/Rice just don't offer any kind of regional boost.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6206 on: August 10, 2020, 10:40:56 AM »

The polls seem to be tightening in MI and WI. That's one reason I am definitely taking the Whitmer idea seriously. Biden cannot mess around and Harris/Rice just don't offer any kind of regional boost.

If it’s Whitmer it’s for that reason alone.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6207 on: August 10, 2020, 10:43:08 AM »

Didn't his advisors try to give him a deadline of Aug. 10? Anyway, I have to say I am more comfortable with the idea of Biden being the nominee rather than Clinton. This is because he proports to be "working-class" Joe. It's such a shame he's incompetent now. Sure he has to worry about somebody invoking the 25th Amendment if he's elected this fall LOL.

In my assessment, I'd say that anybody other than Harris is a bad pick. Some of them are just downright disastrous like Bass. She's a relative unknown and will hurt him in FL. Whitmer is just too bland and won't inspire Progressives and people don't like her in Michigan. Biden needs to unify his party with this VP pick which will be one of the most consequential in history. It can make or break his chances.

I also think Rice is better for SoS and not VP because Rs will harp on the Benghazi incident. The others are not ready to be President on day one.

CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6208 on: August 10, 2020, 10:43:11 AM »

I'm hesitant to say anything has tightened until we see high quality polls showing things have tightened.  The last batch of Fox News/Siena/Monmouth polls of the rust belt were very good for Biden.  Seeing some lower quality polls showing a closer race isn't terribly meaningful to me, unless similar results are found by the high quality polling outfits.
Kylar Nicholas
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6209 on: August 10, 2020, 10:44:38 AM »

Saw 2 Tweets that Biden has a virtual press pool today and could announce his pick.
Here's hoping...smh. This has gone on long enough.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6210 on: August 10, 2020, 10:46:29 AM »

If it's Bass, Rice, Abrams or Demmings I'm not voting for this guy. Biden on his own was not a great candidate and it's taken everything I have to get over the way he was carried to the finish line by the rest of the establishment. If it's Harris or Whitmer I won't vomit in rage. If it's Warren I'll laugh at the inevitable train wreck and the fact that Joe spent 5 months deliberating just so he could take the political equivalent of his work wife on the ticket with him and all I got left with is a 70 year old "mom and pop" ticket.

While I agree Bass and Abrams would be poor picks and Rice not that great either, as Dem, there is just no excuse not voting for Biden and risk another 4 years of Mr. Trump. I'm very sorry, but that's just my opinion.

I sincerely understand why you feel that way. More than you can possibly know. But unfortunately for me, my political loyalties are very loose at best. I am a DINO by proxy simply for the fact I despise the Florida GOP and am unrepentantly liberal in terms of economic policy, gay rights and the fact that overturning Roe vs Wade is an egregious and disgusting plight that will NOT fix anything because it does not protect women from the unwanted sexual advances of men and does even less to protect women who are victims of rape, incest, threats etc. Ultimately the only way to stop abortion is to stop unwanted pregnancy and Roe vs Wade is a convenient cop out despite of the fact that I agree that abortion is categorical murder.

So in other words you better have a DAMN GOOD candidate if you want me to vote. I may yet refuse to do so because "Not Trump" is not good enough for me. It's why I didn't vote in 2016.

"Not being a fascist" is not a good enough reason for you to vote against a fascist?
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6211 on: August 10, 2020, 10:46:41 AM »

Saw 2 Tweets that Biden has a virtual press pool today and could announce his pick.
Here's hoping...smh. This has gone on long enough.

Did you happen to see what time the event is?
Lognog
United States

« Reply #6212 on: August 10, 2020, 10:51:41 AM »

I got a full youtube ad about the announcement (in south NJ so Philly media market)
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #6213 on: August 10, 2020, 10:51:59 AM »

Uhhh.... yeah. You can literally resort to the fascist name calling for just about every president we've had since FDR

FDR- New Deal omg big gubbermint is gettin in our lives. Ruining Merica!
Truman- OMG Korean war! Omg Hiroshima and Nagasaki! MURDERER!
Eisenhower- Commies are running wild under his watch! OMG!!
Kennedy- He stole 1960 and then did the Bay of Pigs!
Johnson- He's violatin our FREEDOM with the civil rights act of 1964! AND VIETNAM!!
Nixon- WATERGATE! MAKING HIS BED IN CHINA! THE END IS NIGH!
Ford- ZOMG HE PARDONED NIXON!!!
Carter- He destroyed our Navy!! He's makin MERICA weak!!!
Reagan- ZOMG Iran-Contra!!! ZOMG REAGANOMICS! THe corruption!
Bush I- He started a war in the Middle East cuz oil! Dictator! Fascist!!!
Clinton- He lied under oath!!! He doesn't believe in the consistution!!
Bush II- 2000 was rigged! He came back to finish his daddy's work in Iraq! PATRIOT ACT is unconstitutional! DICTATOR!
Obama- OBAMACARE GONNA RUIN THIS COUNTRY! HE'S GONNA TAKE ARE GUNS!!! RABBLE RABBLE! HE'S A MUSLIM TERRORIST!!!

Trump is what he is. A short tempered, irresponsible, impulsive liar who acts like he's poorly endowed. It's an insult to actual fascists and the millions of people who have lived under them (especially people in Russia today) to call this moron and actual fascist. So that's a no for me dawg. To see a president acting like a dipsh**t and possibly stealing an election is basically on par with the rest of the 200+ years of American history and elicits about as much reaction from me as if a chihuahua barked at someone and bit them.

Just because the Dems put all their eggs in the Biden basket in hopes of beating Trump doesn't mean there's some holy crusade to win the heart and soul of America. It means Dems are trying to win influence again in DC. I don't want Trump to win but I'm not about to whore MY vote to 2 other candidates I don't like just because it's the lesser of 2 evils.

And if Biden wins they'll call him a communist who is destroying America too and I won't give it any more credence than all the other crap you could've said about anyone else as our POTUS
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #6214 on: August 10, 2020, 10:52:32 AM »

Hmm - perhaps the lateness of the announcement indicates that it's Harris? It's still 8:52 out west.

Just speculation btw
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6215 on: August 10, 2020, 10:53:34 AM »

I got a full youtube ad about the announcement (in south NJ so Philly media market)

Do you have the link?
Lognog
United States

« Reply #6216 on: August 10, 2020, 10:56:26 AM »

Do you have the link?

unfortunately, no. But it was very similar to what he's tweeted. no new info, just very interesting he's putting real paid media into it
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #6217 on: August 10, 2020, 10:56:55 AM »

Hmm - perhaps the lateness of the announcement indicates that it's Harris? It's still 8:52 out west.

Just speculation btw

She’s probably in DC right now and the press has never cared about the time zone in the west before anyway.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6218 on: August 10, 2020, 10:57:05 AM »

What are Susan Rice's domestic policies? Her foreign policy is large bad.

Also, how would she work with Congress? She probably has only a surface level understanding of Congress just like most Americans. How would be stand up to or bring Republicans to the table?
I’m very institutional and believe in building strong county and state parties and building strong candidate benches. I have a severe problem with elevating someone who has never been in the trenches trying to get Democrats elected or raising money for the party. I would take Warren before Rice.
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6219 on: August 10, 2020, 10:57:50 AM »

All this post tells me is that you don't understand what fascism is, nor do you understand the existential threat that Trump poses. I didn't ask what conspiracy theorists think about the choice between Biden and Trump--I asked about what YOU think the difference is. You said you won't vote for Biden unless he picks the VP you want, which indicates that you have not been paying attention to the last 4 years or even worse, you've been paying attention but haven't been personally effected enough to care.

Fascism is not "making bad decisions" or "being painted as an authoritarian by anti-state Libertarians" and if you don't understand the fundamental parallels between Trump and someone like Mussolini or Hitler, then I suggest doing some more research before deciding to sit out this election just on the basis of "Biden picked a not-so-great VP."
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6220 on: August 10, 2020, 10:58:31 AM »

Just speculation btw

She’s probably in DC right now and the press has never cared about the time zone in the west before anyway.
I'll take it from you, I guess (this is the first VP cycle I've really paid attention to). Though wouldn't they be doing it over video call anyway, making location redundant?
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6221 on: August 10, 2020, 11:00:43 AM »

Guess he can also let the convention choose his pick LOL.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #6222 on: August 10, 2020, 11:02:14 AM »

If it's Bass, Rice, Abrams or Demmings I'm not voting for this guy. Biden on his own was not a great candidate and it's taken everything I have to get over the way he was carried to the finish line by the rest of the establishment. If it's Harris or Whitmer I won't vomit in rage. If it's Warren I'll laugh at the inevitable train wreck and the fact that Joe spent 3 or 4 months deliberating just so he could take the political equivalent of his work wife on the ticket with him and all I got left with is a 70 year old "mom and pop" ticket.

What are your other demands?

How about not virtue signaling and actually nominating people who are best suited for the job instead of worrying about the Oompa Loompa?  When all you do is worry about the other candidate you end wup with white trash Trump as your president. And as if to obey Newton's Laws of physics where an action illicits an equal and opposite reaction. We're literally talking about 4 and 5 black women as VP because of the fact they're black and women. If you don't see why that's not a bastardization of "Judge people by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin" then I can't help you.

That is why I will only support Whitmer or Harris. They are THE best possible women for the job. End of story. I can forgive the Dem's tactics because both are still qualified to be VP despite not being the best possible choices. I don't have to like it but I can deal with it. If it's either of them you can find me voting for Biden in November. If it's not you'll find me laughing it up and abstaining.

You have to take emotions and religion out of politics. Focus exclusively on what is happening and ask yourself WHY. You won't catch me dead voting for Trump. But if the Dems are pulling the same stupid crap by appealing to race baiting and sexism why should I forgive it?

I don't think I'm asking for much for the Dems to make the best possible choices and not appeal to the obvious sexism and race baiting that has plagued this decision process since the day Bernie dropped out
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #6223 on: August 10, 2020, 11:05:05 AM »

Just speculation btw

I'll take it from you, I guess (this is the first VP cycle I've really paid attention to). Though wouldn't they be doing it over video call anyway, making location redundant?
I'm guessing they want everyone to be awake.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6224 on: August 10, 2020, 11:06:11 AM »

Ya know what, it's probably not going to be today. Here comes another 5 days of this pain...
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies