2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 08:59:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 42
Author Topic: 2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose  (Read 74262 times)
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: January 16, 2020, 05:41:52 PM »

She's acting like one because she is one.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #701 on: January 16, 2020, 08:27:48 PM »

She is a politician.

She is trying to appeal to Trumpists.

She is a horrible candidate.

I really believe that Ducey appointed her as a sabotage, so when she loses to Mark Kelly in November, he runs for the Senate seat in 2022 or he tries to mold one of his confidantes to run.

She is DefSec material, not legislative material.

At first I thought this was just a crazy conspiracy theory. But it doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore. Just keep in mind that the R base is the only hope she has.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #702 on: January 16, 2020, 08:34:31 PM »

Lean D
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #703 on: January 16, 2020, 08:35:08 PM »

Think of Susan Collins's nutty quotes the other day. These senators are feeling the pressure of having to vote to acquit Trump knowing he's corrupt and crazy as hell and committed these crimes, and that they're going to have to defend it for the next 10 months. Under the pressure, they're snapping at people holding them accountable.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #704 on: January 16, 2020, 08:36:26 PM »

This is not the way to win back the PHX suburbs. Mark Kelly will likely be stronger than Sinema in many of those areas.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #705 on: January 16, 2020, 08:46:27 PM »

Turnout is overrated, tbh. Turning out a base voter nets you 1 vote. Persuading a swing voter nets you 2.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #706 on: January 16, 2020, 08:56:38 PM »

She is a politician.

She is trying to appeal to Trumpists.

She is a horrible candidate.

I really believe that Ducey appointed her as a sabotage, so when she loses to Mark Kelly in November, he runs for the Senate seat in 2022 or he tries to mold one of his confidantes to run.

She is DefSec material, not legislative material.

To the surprise of no one, the Republican base is reacting to McSally's comments in exactly the way I would have suspected. They despise the media, as we all know, and believe that their politicians have been "weak-willed" and overly submissive to it. So, in their eyes, calling Raju a "liberal hack" is a way to fight back against the elites, and to demonstrate that one is standing up "for the people." However, I doubt that independents will take too kindly to this gesture, and they hold the key to whether or not she wins reelection.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #707 on: January 16, 2020, 10:25:33 PM »

McSally is currently on... Laura Ingraham's show.

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #708 on: January 16, 2020, 11:14:42 PM »

A part of me tells me that she doesn’t expect herself to be re-elected. She is doing the exact opposite of what she should be doing to win.

This is what a lot of the old school Southern Democrats probably thought in 1994 as well. You could sense a wave incoming, so it would be best to vote your conscious. They might as well vote their hearts, as the South was done with the Democratic party by then.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #709 on: January 16, 2020, 11:25:40 PM »

This race was over before it got started, if Dems win AZ, all they need is ME and another state to solidify their majority: GA, AL, KS, TX, WV etc

North Carolina?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #710 on: January 17, 2020, 07:44:36 AM »

Welp...

This is smart. I agree with MT Treasurer here. To win, she needs to win more Trump voters (if she'd stayed even with Trump approvals in 2018 she would have won 50-48). Being more Trumpian probably works well for her.

I disagree. There’s a double standard in politics. Trumpianism can work for men, but for women, people will see it as if she’s just being a b1tch.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #711 on: January 17, 2020, 10:43:32 AM »

This race was over before it got started, if Dems win AZ, all they need is ME and another state to solidify their majority: GA, AL, KS, TX, WV etc

one of these things is not like the other
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #712 on: January 17, 2020, 10:55:00 AM »

one of these things is not like the other

Well, OC thinks Biden or Sanders would help Ojeda even if they lose the state.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #713 on: January 17, 2020, 10:56:39 AM »

Welp...

This is smart. I agree with MT Treasurer here. To win, she needs to win more Trump voters (if she'd stayed even with Trump approvals in 2018 she would have won 50-48). Being more Trumpian probably works well for her.

I disagree. There’s a double standard in politics. Trumpianism can work for men, but for women, people will see it as if she’s just being a b1tch.

Lol no , and if your gonna use Palin as an example the reason she flamed out very quickly was due to the fact that she has little to no charisma while Trump does .

TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #714 on: January 17, 2020, 11:20:55 AM »

Welp...

Lol no , and if your gonna use Palin as an example the reason she flamed out very quickly was due to the fact that she has little to no charisma while Trump does .

No, I didn’t even use Palin as the example. There are plenty of examples everywhere from Hillary Clinton to Meg Whitman to Elizabeth Warren just to name a few. If women get angry their seen as b1tchy whereas when men get angry it’s seen as “authentic”
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #715 on: January 17, 2020, 09:07:38 PM »

Here's an article from right-leaning "media watchdog" Newsbusters, which includes a clip of McSally's appearance on the show: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/aiden-jackson/2020/01/17/seething-mcsally-reporters-are-cahoots-democrats. She really is doubling down on her comments, and as you can tell from this article, the Republican base is eating them up.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #716 on: January 17, 2020, 09:31:09 PM »

Here's an article from right-leaning "media watchdog" Newsbusters, which includes a clip of McSally's appearance on the show: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/aiden-jackson/2020/01/17/seething-mcsally-reporters-are-cahoots-democrats. She really is doubling down on her comments, and as you can tell from this article, the Republican base is eating them up.

You have to be a frothing at the mouth Lunatic to get the deplorables whipped up.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #717 on: January 17, 2020, 10:35:05 PM »

She's a bad politician.

Part of the reason so many female and nonwhite Republican politicians are total cartoon characters is that they're graded on such a curve.

If you're anything other than a white man and you run for office as a Republican, there is no vetting or filter. They're desperate for diversity.

If you run as a Democrat, there are fifty other women after the same job - you have to actually be a competent, good politician to be nominated.

McSally checked the female and veteran boxes and that's all the GOP cared about.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #718 on: January 17, 2020, 11:35:46 PM »

You have to be a frothing at the mouth Lunatic to get the deplorables whipped up.

I've been watching her interview with Ingraham, and they were just laughing over CNN and Raju. Now, I don't particularly care for CNN, but I'm not surprised that they would be angry at the insult to their colleague. Raju himself, however, has been at the receiving end of insults from politicians and other prominent figures before, and he seems to be taking it in stride, as I would expect him to. Reporters ought to know that they will encounter such nonsense and be prepared to deal with it.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #719 on: January 18, 2020, 07:19:48 AM »

So after all this going on with McSally, do you all still think  that AZ-06 is Titanium GOP?

The question, unless the climate changes, is not whether McSally will lose. It is whether she will still be carrying AZ-06.
bilaps
« Reply #720 on: January 18, 2020, 08:54:20 AM »

Her strategy is the only one she has, if Trump wins AZ, he's the one who's gonna get her elected. If Trump loses, she loses too for sure.

And she's not wrong calling this guy a hack. CNN can't have it both ways, they can't be unbiased journalists and opinion makers at the same time. I mean there is nothing strange about this question but I follow Raju on twitter and he has a liberal bias, it's clear. He doesn't do it like some of the FOX News people but it's there.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #721 on: January 18, 2020, 10:38:03 AM »

Her strategy is the only one she has, if Trump wins AZ, he's the one who's gonna get her elected. If Trump loses, she loses too for sure.

And she's not wrong calling this guy a hack. CNN can't have it both ways, they can't be unbiased journalists and opinion makers at the same time. I mean there is nothing strange about this question but I follow Raju on twitter and he has a liberal bias, it's clear. He doesn't do it like some of the FOX News people but it's there.

All Raju does is run around Capitol Hilll trying to interview people. There's no bias there.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #722 on: January 18, 2020, 12:10:09 PM »

All Raju does is run around Capitol Hilll trying to interview people. There's no bias there.

That is liberal bias though, because if you are interviewing people, you are asking questions. If you are asking questions, it is possible that facts might come out. And facts have a liberal bias, whereas alternative facts have a conservative (not really conservative, but Trumpian) bias.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #723 on: January 18, 2020, 02:15:58 PM »

It's going to be a close race, but I have a hard time seeing McSally beat Kelly... even if Trump wins the state (which will also be close).

I wouldn't be surprised if she has a negative incumbency advantage since Arizonans probably weren't thrilled with her getting a Senate seat immediately after they said no.
bilaps
« Reply #724 on: January 19, 2020, 03:57:29 PM »

As I said I follow the guy on twitter, you could notice his bias in his tweets. I don't have time to search his feed right now for evidence but he'll often report a part of quote that is damaging to someone for example and not report some other part of the story etc. I haven't seen his tweet that you could argue is favorable to republicans. Also he does editorialize some of the stuff he reports.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies