CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:02:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33
Author Topic: CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House  (Read 58870 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2019, 12:17:07 PM »

Yeah, that might be a good strategy for someone like Bevin, but it's not going to work well in Colorado.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »

Yeah, that might be a good strategy for someone like Bevin, but it's not going to work well in Colorado.

Sounds like the strategy of the guy he beat by 2 points in a R+5 year.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2019, 01:49:10 PM »

Sounds like the strategy of the guy he beat by 2 points in a R+5 year.

He's literally using Dean Heller's campaign playbook who lost by 5 in a state redder than colorado
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2019, 07:48:32 AM »

Alice Madden IN

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/09/alice-madden-senate-candidate-cory-gardner/

Large primary field in Colorado, this can only help Gardner, as his opponent will emerge battered and damaged from a bruising primary
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2019, 08:39:04 AM »

Alice Madden IN

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/09/alice-madden-senate-candidate-cory-gardner/

Large primary field in Colorado, this can only help Gardner, as his opponent will emerge battered and damaged from a bruising primary

Or it could turn out to be the opposite and actually help the Democrat in the end depending on the circumstances obviously. Jennifer Weston was involved in a somewhat crowded primary, but it didn’t seem to stop her from not only steamrolling her competition in the primary, but also Comstock in the general.
HarrisonL

« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2019, 09:25:54 AM »

Saw on DKE that Jena Griswold is considering. She’d probably easily win the primary as the only woman in the race if she ran and she’d be the youngest senator if victorious.
I'd rather not given she just got elected SoS last year and we have plenty of good candidates in Colorado

On the other hand, she'd have to wait until Bennet retires or Polis is termed out to take a stab at a higher statewide office. She might be better off striking when the iron is hot.

And she has a much higher profile than anyone currently in the field. And voters have shown they don’t generally care about politicians seeking a new office soon after winning their current one. Ask Sens. Rosen, Hawley, Cotton, Daines

It is bad optics for Jena Griswold and she has not been in her current job long enough. She would be another B-list candidate in this race. Cory Gardner is so lucky, that he will not face any A-lister. (which means he probably will not be triaged) It might not be enough (let's not pretend Jacky Rosen was an A-list candidate). This will be close, but the Democrat should win. Gun to my head, Gardner loses by 2-3

I disagree, Gardner will lose by a similar Margin to Doug Jones, maybe slightly less, but definitely by more than 5%.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2019, 10:40:41 AM »

Alice Madden IN

Which obviously means this is going to be a total tossup fight without an A-lister like Hickenlooper or Crow. Especially with Neguse for reasons.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2019, 10:42:01 AM »

Alice Madden IN

Lololololololol
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #208 on: May 28, 2019, 09:03:04 AM »

More from POLITICO:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/27/colorado-senate-primary-cory-gardner-1343613
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: May 28, 2019, 09:13:43 AM »

Politico is like the political equivalent of that screaming yellow text magazine stuff you find at grocery store check outs. Regardless, I am sure that Moderate Image TM Corey Gardner with his whopping 35-35-30 approval rating and Donald Trump's giant negative approval in the state will definitely be in a razor thin tossup race that is highly contested by both sides TM WY GOP coattails should also help carry him to victory against Neguse because reasons, because obviously Gardner and his Moderate Image TM will do waaaaay better in the suburbs than Trump, and if Trump rallies with him in Southern Colorado, he can track Trump's margins down there closely, and thereby win by a couple points, the end.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2019, 10:44:30 AM »

Lol
Gardner is toast
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2019, 11:05:49 AM »

People are overestimating the impact that a large primary field has on the general election. Gardner is not just going to gain a substantial number of votes because one primary candidate makes it over another - even if there is divisiveness among the Democratic field.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #212 on: May 28, 2019, 11:10:25 AM »

Senator Joe Donnelly agrees that a contested primary on the opposite side substantially boosts your reelection chances.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #213 on: May 28, 2019, 01:00:35 PM »

Senator Joe Donnelly agrees that a contested primary on the opposite side substantially boosts your reelection chances.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #214 on: May 28, 2019, 01:52:03 PM »

I don't agree with the analysis, I just find it and post it, so that we can get a picture of the race, besides POLITICO is a good publication, but this is probably bad reasoning
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: May 28, 2019, 02:36:16 PM »

I don't agree with the analysis, I just find it and post it, so that we can get a picture of the race, besides POLITICO is a good publication, but this is probably bad reasoning

Then that is literally sh!tposting lol, something I know a thing or two about.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #216 on: May 28, 2019, 10:08:38 PM »

Then that is literally sh!tposting lol, something I know a thing or two about.

It's not though, because this is an actual article related to the race, it's not like I' taking stuff from Twitter, TYT, or Sean Hannity
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2019, 11:44:58 PM »

Wat
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #218 on: May 29, 2019, 06:21:01 AM »

Remember when Ron Johnson was toast? Pepperidge farms remembers.

I am not saying Gardner is poised to win, but I am simply saying the left should not be throwing a victory party a year before election day.
But then can we say the same for Doug?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2019, 06:45:10 AM »

I am not saying Gardner is poised to win, but I am simply saying the left should not be throwing a victory party a year before election day.
Comparing Gardner to Johnson makes no sense, as Johnson was not running in a blue state that will vote against his party at the presidential level.

A better comparison would be Mark Kirk or Scott Brown.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #220 on: May 29, 2019, 09:18:30 AM »

Comparing Gardner to Johnson makes no sense, as Johnson was not running in a blue state that will vote against his party at the presidential level.

Go back to September/October 2016, and everyone did think Wisconsin was a blue state that would vote against Trump. But yeah, Colorado will likely vote for the D nominee in 2020, and there's no reason to think Gardner will significantly outrun Trump.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #221 on: May 29, 2019, 02:49:39 PM »

Nobody thought Wisconsin was a purple state at the time (including me) and people thought as soon as Russ Feingold entered the race he was doomed. I thought Russ Feingold was heavily favored myself, so yeah, upsets can happen, but it's unlikely in Colorado with Trump at the top.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2019, 05:37:01 PM »

Remember when Dean Heller was toast?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #223 on: May 29, 2019, 07:04:44 PM »

Gardner isn't even close to the same scenario as Doug Jones. Sure is he unlikely to win? Yes.But is there a reasonable scenario in which he could win which is around 10 to 15% where he wins like Ron Johnson in a GOP wave scenario? Yes. Doug Jones needs a mega D wave with something truly awful Trump did,with a perfect Democrat candidate in 2020 on the ballot, with Roy Moore being nominated and a complete economy crash. In that Scenario he could win.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2019, 08:18:45 PM »

Gardner isn't even close to the same scenario as Doug Jones. Sure is he unlikely to win? Yes.But is there a reasonable scenario in which he could win which is around 10 to 15% where he wins like Ron Johnson in a GOP wave scenario? Yes. Doug Jones needs a mega D wave with something truly awful Trump did,with a perfect Democrat candidate in 2020 on the ballot, with Roy Moore being nominated and a complete economy crash. In that Scenario he could win.

It pains me to do so, but I have to agree with this take Sad
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies