2004 Election Game (sign up thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:50:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Election Game (sign up thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: 2004 Election Game (sign up thread)  (Read 10287 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2018, 04:03:58 PM »

Has anyone jumped in as Hillary yet?

I remember doing a 2004 game run by NHI where I was Hillary...so I want to see if I can actually win the nomination this time around.

Otherwise, I'll play as John Kerry.

Im already Kerry

Then, if no one's taken Hillary (which isn't quite clear) I'll happily take her.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2018, 04:18:43 PM »

I remember doing a 2004 game run by NHI where I was Hillary...so I want to see if I can actually win the nomination this time around.

Im already Kerry

Then, if no one's taken Hillary (which isn't quite clear) I'll happily take her.

That person decided to take Gore so Hillary should be open
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2018, 04:43:48 PM »

Im already Kerry

Great. I just want confirmation from the GM that I can enter as Hillary...
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2018, 05:20:00 PM »

Im already Kerry

Ofc, I was just answering your quere whether Hillary was taken or not
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2018, 06:39:08 PM »

Im already Kerry

You're in!
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2018, 07:46:16 PM »

When will this be starting?
Also, what is the primary schedule?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2018, 07:51:25 PM »

Im already Kerry

You're in!

Thanks.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2018, 08:00:31 PM »

This will start when everyone gets their announcement speeches in, primary dates TBD.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2018, 08:16:33 PM »

Hillary Clinton-announcement speech

September 30, 2003, Chappaqua, New York

I am delighted to announce that I am running for President in 2004. I have long held the dream that I would be the first female President, and in this Republican field, I see an opportunity.

I know people will say that I am not ready, or that the country is not ready for a woman to be President. I will point out that when Margaret Thatcher ran for Leader of the British Conservative Party, did people say that Britain wasn't ready for female Prime Minister? Or that when Benazir Bhutto was campaigning for Prime Minister of Pakistan, did people say that Pakistan wasn't ready for a female Prime Minister. I have no doubt that we are ready for a female President and beyond that, I'm confident that I'll win.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2018, 08:17:50 PM »

This will start when everyone gets their announcement speeches in, primary dates TBD.

There are people who just won't post announcement speeches (or anything at all), so I'd set a hard start date (maybe time it so the first turn ends halfway between Christmas and New Year's?)
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »

Announcement coming in an hour or two.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »

There are people who just won't post announcement speeches (or anything at all), so I'd set a hard start date (maybe time it so the first turn ends halfway between Christmas and New Year's?)

Here's the thing. I travel from Dec 25 to Jan 1, so I couldn't be on until Jan 2. My last day will be Dec 24. If I don't get anymore by Dec 22, I'll post the 1st turn on the 23rd, and that will last to around Jan 2.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2018, 08:36:40 PM »

I am delighted to announce that I am running for President in 2004. I have long held the dream that I would be the first female President, and in this Republican field, I see an opportunity.

I know people will say that I am not ready, or that the country is not ready for a woman to be President. I will point out that when Margaret Thatcher ran for Leader of the British Conservative Party, did people say that Britain wasn't ready for female Prime Minister? Or that when Benazir Bhutto was campaigning for Prime Minister of Pakistan, did people say that Pakistan wasn't ready for a female Prime Minister. I have no doubt that we are ready for a female President and beyond that, I'm confident that I'll win.

Hillary as a Republican?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2018, 08:44:29 PM »

Hillary as a Republican?

Hillary's kind of underestimating her fellow Democrats here. If she can beat Gore, which she thinks she can, she believes can win both the nomination and the General Election....though she was a Goldwater Girl once upon a time, so I could mess with that, if you want Wink
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2018, 08:57:26 PM »

Hillary as a Republican?

Hillary's kind of underestimating her fellow Democrats here. If she can beat Gore, which she thinks she can, she believes can win both the nomination and the General Election....though she was a Goldwater Girl once upon a time, so I could mess with that, if you want Wink

Honestly, This is the kind of Hillary RP I would expect. She thinks she's untouchable and this arrogance leads to some embarrassing early defeats when she focuses on the non Iowa & New Hampshire states.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2018, 09:00:30 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2018, 09:04:22 PM by Lincoln Assemblyman Peanut »

Gore '04: An America for the 21st Century!
Former Vice-President announces a renewed, modern Presidential campaign in a rally yesterday in Nashville, Tennessee.

In a rally yesterday in his home state, the Vice-President announced his 2004 Presidential campaign, striking a modern tone.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2018, 09:12:04 PM »

Hillary as a Republican?

Hmmm...
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2018, 09:25:13 PM »

John Kerry Announces '04 bid!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2018, 09:43:32 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2018, 09:57:42 PM by nerd73 »

Fred Phelps running in 2004!

"Tonight, I have a very big announcement to make. An announcement, to bring us back into God's light, bring us back from the doorstep of hell we stepped towards when the Democratic Party and this nation embraced the evil glow of f****try, abortion, and divorce. As we all know, fags and adulterers will burn in hell and they'll want to send all of us to hell too to spread their sin. While President Bush has fought against fag marriage and abortion, he has not fought to stop these evil beasts from spreading their vile hate altogether.   That is why I am seeking the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in 2004, to bring this nation to the ideals which we aspire to have!"
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2018, 09:54:31 PM »

"Tonight, I have a very big announcement to make. An announcement, to bring us back into God's light, bring us back from the doorstep of hell we stepped towards when the Democratic Party and this nation embraced the evil glow of *******y, abortion, and divorce. As we all know, ***s and adulterers will burn in hell and they'll want to send all of us to hell too to spread their sin. While President Bush has fought against *** marriage and abortion, he has not fought to stop these evil beasts from spreading their vile hate altogether.   That is why I am seeking the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in 2004, to bring this nation to the ideals which we aspire to have!"

For the record, you are censoring words that don't actually have to be censored on this site (unless there is something about the terms of service I don't know about).

Also, I thought Fred Phelps was a Republican...
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2018, 09:56:19 PM »

"Tonight, I have a very big announcement to make. An announcement, to bring us back into God's light, bring us back from the doorstep of hell we stepped towards when the Democratic Party and this nation embraced the evil glow of *******y, abortion, and divorce. As we all know, ***s and adulterers will burn in hell and they'll want to send all of us to hell too to spread their sin. While President Bush has fought against *** marriage and abortion, he has not fought to stop these evil beasts from spreading their vile hate altogether.   That is why I am seeking the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in 2004, to bring this nation to the ideals which we aspire to have!"

For the record, you are censoring words that don't actually have to be censored on this site (unless there is something about the terms of service I don't know about).

Uncensoring them shortly.

Fred Phelps ran in several Democratic state primaries in the 90s.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2018, 10:08:23 PM »

That doesn't prove he was a Democrat in 2004. People change their party registration all the time.
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2018, 11:31:41 PM »

That doesn't prove he was a Democrat in 2004. People change their party registration all the time.

He had run as recently as 1998, which is new enough for me. Unable to find any sources on his political registration during the 2000s.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2018, 02:24:52 PM »

When will the turn be up?
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2018, 05:23:52 PM »

Tonight. Just a heads up, if your candidate did not post a speech, than his/her poll numbers will be low. I will be putting up the turn soon. If a candidate does not post a schedule after Turn 1, they will be counted as "withdrawn"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies