2004 Election Game (sign up thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:18:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Election Game (sign up thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: 2004 Election Game (sign up thread)  (Read 10148 times)
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2018, 04:05:54 PM »

Here's the scenario.

It's 2004, and President George W. Bush is not running for President. He has decided to run for one term for personal and political reasons. So, with the Iraq War raging, Democrats and Republicans alike are ready to jump in.

If you're willing to sign up to play, the first round will be up around Monday-Tuesday if I get enough sign ups. The spreadsheets I will be keeping the data in will be public too, I will put them here when they're being started.

To sign up, state what your candidate is going to be, what party they're from and any other info you feel needs to be said. You can also include a little campaign announcement if you'd like.

PM me with any questions!
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 04:22:40 PM »

If Possible, Trump as an Independent with his Running Mate being Norman Schwarzkopf Jr?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 04:56:43 PM »

Can I be Russ Feingold
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »

If Possible, Trump as an Independent with his Running Mate being Norman Schwarzkopf Jr?

Sure!

Sure!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 05:22:05 PM »

Can I be a fictional version of a real person?

DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »

Can I be a fictional version of a real person?

Sure, as long as it's decently realistic
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 07:46:17 PM »

Can I sign on as Colin Powell for the Republicans?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 07:46:49 PM »

I'd be interested in playing as John Kerry
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 06:51:07 AM »

Can I sign on as Colin Powell for the Republicans?

Yep!

I'd be interested in playing as John Kerry

Got it

Ok
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 12:35:25 PM »

Can I play as Dick Cheney?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 02:36:12 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2018, 02:41:52 PM by Jaguar4life »

I will be a alternate verison of former Baseball first baseman Steve Garvey. The POD is that he never has a affair with Cheryl Moulton and has a scandal free marriage to his wife Cadence.

Steve Garvey still retires after the 1989 season and is elected to the US Congress as a Republican  representing the area of Tampa Florida

If you will also this Steve Garvey becomes Secretary Of Transportation for George W Bush from 2001 through 2003 when he resigns from the post after the new congress starts.

IRL people wanted him to run for Congress
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 02:49:05 PM »

Of course

I will be a alternate verison of former Baseball first baseman Steve Garvey. The POD is that he never has a affair with Cheryl Moulton and has a scandal free marriage to his wife Cadence.

Steve Garvey still retires after the 1989 season and is elected to the US Congress as a Republican  representing the area of Tampa Florida

If you will also this Steve Garvey becomes Secretary Of Transportation for George W Bush from 2001 through 2003 when he resigns from the post after the new congress starts.

IRL people wanted him to run for Congress

Got it
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 02:53:18 PM »

Here's the link to the current participants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NVfBkCzX0endRNLJJk2hgO1sa357Nf8wTAadpyxE5PA/edit?usp=sharing

OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 07:20:37 PM »

When to post announcement speech?
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 04:05:49 PM »

Can I join as Blanche Lincoln? Time to change what it means to “get blanched”
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 06:28:17 PM »

I'd like to play as Howard Dean.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »

Finally!

I'll be Mike Huckabee.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 08:52:14 PM »

sure, I'll take a shot as ky gov. Ernie Fletcher
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 09:03:07 PM »

This is building up to be a very good Democratic and Republican primary campaign, and maybe a great GE scenario with the Trump factor.
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2018, 11:12:04 AM »

Can I join as...Fred Phelps for the Democrats? Since, ya know, he ran in several state Democratic primaries in the 90s.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2018, 11:44:25 AM »

Can I join as...Fred Phelps for the Democrats? Since, ya know, he ran in several state Democratic primaries in the 90s.

Phelps... Would be seen as a joke candidate and wouldn't feature be on polls. Think of Patrick Little in CA. If you wanted to take a Christian Right Democrat I would suggest Ronnie Musgrove, or Phil Bredesen, both who were Governors at the time. You could even change history and have Musgrove win reelection.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »

Can I play as a certain climate-concerned former Democratic Vice-President who narrrowly lost Florida? If not, how about an ambitious former First Lady sitting in NY's class 1 Senate seat?
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2018, 03:44:17 PM »

Donald Trump Special Announcement at Trump Tower in New York City, New York on April 19th, 2003

"Thank you, thank you. Wow, so many people here. Hundreds. Thank you all for visiting me here today. It's great to be here at Trump Tower, It's great to be in a wonderful city, New York and It's great to have everybody here, this is beyond everybody's expectations. Now, I wanna say that I'm thankful for all the men and women who worked day and night to help bring this city together from one of the worst terrorist attacks in Human history and the worst attacks this country has ever seen. They truly deserve all the respect in the world. Let's give them a round of applause."

[AUDIENCE AND TRUMP APPLAUDS POLICE OFFICERS AND FIREFIGHTERS IN THE BUILDING]

"It's time for me to state why I am bringing all of you here. Our country is in serious trouble. We don't have victories anymore. We used to have victories but we don't have them now. For the last 16 years, our country has been struggling in Trade, on the Global stage, on everything and our last three Presidents have done nothing to change that. While I am thankful and grateful for how President Bush dealt with the crisis following 9/11, there is no man happier than myself for his retirement. I swear, once history looks past 9/11, they will see that President Bush was one of the worst Presidents in the history of this country. However, both parties are offering no solutions to the problems we currently face as a nation.

We have our warmongering Vice President, The Secretary of State that might potentially lead our country into one of the worst wars in history, a former Baseball Player, an Arkansas Governor, and the potentially corrupt Kentucky Governor for the Republicans, with the only good candidate seemingly being Mayor Giuliani, who I am great friends with. Rudy, if you're watching, I hope you do run and I hope you're successful because I trust you more than many others to lead this country.

On the Democratic Side, we have an out of touch Massachusetts Senator, an Elvis Impersonator from Wisconsin, An Arkansas Senator that no one has ever heard of, a complete wacko of a Vermont Governor and I'm healing rumors of a joker candidate and the Former Vice President and Senator Clinton considering runs, which I have to say "How many times do the American people have to say we don't want anything more to do with the Clinton?"

We need a real President and a real Vice President and a real Cabinet that knows what they are doing because none of the people who are in politics currently have the slightest clue in what they're doing. I am officially running for President as an Independent to be the real President our country needs. We need to curb illegal immigration, we need to stem the tide of terrorists that come into our country to cause harm to it, we need to not ourselves involved in needless wars and instead put ourselves completely and utterly into one war to win it, we need to have our allies pay equally and fairly and we need to make China pay equally and raise their raises.

I am going to run because I know these things better than others economy wise. It's an unknown fact that the Founding Fathers, when creating the Presidency, intended for Businessmen and Generals, not politicians, to run this country after they were gone and now we have a chance to do just that. However, in the Foreign Policy Market, I am quite lacking so I would like to introduce to you my running mate. Norman, get on up here.
"

[TRUMP AND NORMAN SCHWARZKOPF SHAKE HANDS BEFORE NORMAN TAKES THE PODIUM]

"Thank you, Donald. As you just heard, I will be Donald Trump's running mate for this election and I have the foreign policy experience that Mr. Trump lacks, so there will be no attacks on our experience as a ticket this year. It is important to note that when leaving office, President George Washington warned of the dangers of Political Parties and requested that we avoid the squabbles that come with such a thing. Well, now after more than two centuries, we have a chance to fulfill Washington's wish. Never have we seen a time that America will be divided and never will we see a time America will be so misguided. As a ticket, we will be for the common citizen what Political Candidates aren't : Free and Independent. Mr. Trump is a businessman and a multi-billionaire, yes, but Wall Street absolutely despises him and thus he wouldn't be their choice for President. We are the Independent ticket that America needs and we will be running to Make America Great Again. We want all of you to come along on this journey with us and we hope all of you have a very fantastic time campaigning and supporting us until Election Day. Thank you!"

After the announcement, the website www. makeamericagreatagain.com was launched as Trump's official campaign website, where viewers could see Trump's stances on issues, Business successes, personal donation tab, and merchandise to show support for the Third Party Ticket.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »

Can I run as Senator Jim Talent (R-MO)?
IvorM
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2018, 05:14:46 PM »