2004 Election Game (sign up thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:00:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Election Game (sign up thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: 2004 Election Game (sign up thread)  (Read 10147 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2018, 05:19:11 PM »

Heck yes, I'll run as Orrin Hatch.

I can vouch for him, he'll be a good addition to the game. Even for such a new poster.
IvorM
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2018, 05:27:11 PM »

Thanks
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2018, 08:12:04 PM »

Dick Cheney for America announcement speech in Washington D.C

“Hello my fellow Americans!
*crowd cheers*
Thank you all for coming here today. Today is an important day, as I have an announcement to make. For the past four years, President Bush has done a great job running this country, and I’m sad to see him go. But now, as we search for a new president, ask yourself “who will stand up to the terrorist threat?” And “who will keep America safe during this war on terror” and think who you’d want leading you. Today I’m announcing I’m running for President. I wasn’t sure I was going to run, but after lots of prayer and consultation with my family, I decided it’s for the best. If not me, then who else? Ladies and gentlemen I love this country. This is the greatest nation in the world. We need to keep it safe.
 *crowd cheering*
Thank y’all. I am the only one, besides President Bush, capable of leading our country through this war. I mean, look at some of the others. But today, I’m front of God, I promise to keep this country safe from terrorism.
I wanna address something too, Donald Trump called me a warmonger.
Well, if I’m a warmonger, what’s that make him? Don’t forget he supported the war in Afghanistan as well. Anyway, thank you all for coming and I love you all. Let’s pray.
*leads the crowd in prayer*
Amen. Thank you Lord, and thank all of you for coming”
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2018, 10:49:00 PM »

Heck yes, I'll run as Orrin Hatch.

Too suspicious.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2018, 03:10:12 PM »

Can I run as John Edwards?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2018, 03:12:35 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2018, 03:16:30 PM by iBizzBee »

May I run as Democratic Senator Carol Moseley Braun?

I've decided instead, may I run as NH Governor Jeanne Shaheen?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2018, 03:40:05 PM »

Senator John Edwards (D-NC) Launches Bid for the Presidency in Seneca, SC

You must be logged in to read this quote.

DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2018, 05:14:04 PM »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NVfBkCzX0endRNLJJk2hgO1sa357Nf8wTAadpyxE5PA/edit?usp=sharing

I never thought it'd get this big! Everyone give out their announcement speeches and in this thread, and I will be posting a new thread for the Primaries.

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna give everyone until Wednesday the 19th to post, as the game will start on Thursday the 20th, and Iowa will most likely be posted on the 22th. New Hampshire will be posted on Christmas Eve, and then nothing will be posted from Dec 25 - at least Jan 2.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2018, 05:15:43 PM »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NVfBkCzX0endRNLJJk2hgO1sa357Nf8wTAadpyxE5PA/edit?usp=sharing

I never thought it'd get this big! Everyone give out their announcement speeches and in this thread, and I will be posting a new thread for the Primaries.

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna give everyone until Wednesday the 19th to post, as the game will start on Thursday the 20th, and Iowa will most likely be posted on the 22th. New Hampshire will be posted on Christmas Eve, and then nothing will be posted from Dec 25 - at least Jan 2.

Can we start October 2003 and have turns going from there? Cause that would be easier for all of us.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2018, 05:17:37 PM »

Can we start October 2003 and have turns going from there? Cause that would be easier for all of us.

Whatever is easiest for y'all!
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2018, 05:23:48 PM »

Whatever is easiest for y'all!

Looking at recent election games could help you figure out turn length. I also recommend 5 days a turn
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2018, 05:24:31 PM »

May I propose perhaps a primary debate as well, perhaps with a set list of questions sent out to candidates who then have a set time to turn them in and 'participate' in the debate? Just an idea.

I'll post later tonight, thank you!
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2018, 05:35:34 PM »

May I propose perhaps a primary debate as well, perhaps with a set list of questions sent out to candidates who then have a set time to turn them in and 'participate' in the debate? Just an idea.

I'll post later tonight, thank you!

I was planning on a debate, I will post polls and maybe debate questions after I get announcements from everyone.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2018, 06:00:18 PM »

Fmr NH Gov. Jeanne Shaheen is in!
Announces candidacy for the Presidency in Concord, NH

Quote from: Restricted
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2018, 08:47:15 PM »

I am switching to North Dakota governor John Hoeven, will post announcement speech soon.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2018, 10:01:59 PM »

Blanche Lincoln Makes Announcement in Little Rock, Arkansas

"I want to thank every single one of you for being here today. It has been my honor serving you in both the House and Senate, working to make sure the needs of every day Americans are heard in the halls of Washington. However, I've heard from too many of you that you feel forgotten, that me being one out of one hundred voices in the Senate isn't enough to address the issues being felt by our farmers, teachers, and service-members.

I'm here to announce my candidacy for Democratic nominee for President of the United States! We have our work cut out for us, with foreign entanglements taking the attention away from real domestic priorities. I will fight for the little guy, the farmer hurt by bad trade deals and restrictive policies, the teacher whose job is now to teach for a test rather than to shape young people's potential, and the mom who has to balance the family's budget, worried about her son being pulled into a war with no end in sight.

America, and we as Democrats, need a new vision. We need fresh leadership with a record for results. Our last winning nominee came from Arkansas, with new ideas on what it meant to be a Democrat, I offer a modern version of that vision. I believe in protections for farmers, a focus on public education, and moderation where it's necessary. I believe in our potential as Americans, and we will work together to reach that potential."
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2018, 11:28:50 PM »

Will have my declaring speech soon
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2018, 04:13:08 PM »

Russ Feingold for President
A Progressive Maverick For Us!

Announces In Kenosha, Wisconsin

Quote from: Restricted
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2018, 06:20:49 PM »

Howard Dean Announcement Speech-Burlington, Vermont

"Today, I stand before you, the people, for an important announcement. I served as your governor for almost 12 years, and we accomplished great things together. Together, we went from a deficit of sixty million dollars to having a balanced budget 11 times. Together, we worked to make sure that more people could have the health coverage needed for themselves, their families, and their children.

But there's still work to be done. Millions of Americans across the country don't have access to the healthcare they need. The surplus the Clinton administration had given us is gone. Why is this? Because we have an administration that is not looking out for the ordinary American. Instead, we have an administration that chooses to look out for executives and big business, rather than we the people. We have an administration so focused on the Middle East that they fail to look at what's happening back home.

This country needs a leader that will look out for the ordinary American. A leader who will make sure that Americans around the country can have the healthcare they need. A leader who will stand up for small businesses, and stand up to big business. A leader that will end this conflict in Iraq. A leader that will stand up for We The People of the United States of America. I am that leader, which is why I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States of America!"
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2018, 07:13:30 PM »

Steve Garvey speaks in Tampa Florida

While this speech is a congratulations for me being inducted into the National Baseball Hall Of Fame Class Of 2003 I have something else to say.

I respect and admire President Bush and it has been a honor to have the opportunity to been in his cabinet but with that said he is too focus on the War in Iraq and not with getting Osama Bin Laden, Fixing our healthcare and fixing our tax code.

I believe our country is on the right track despite what the Democrats say and that is why I am running not senate or congress but for the Republican nomination of the president of the United States. *Crowd is surprised but claps and cheers*

Thank you thank you very much!!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2018, 08:30:57 PM »

Hmmm. Can I play as Tim Johnson? Or maybe Tom Vilsack, a midwesterner.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2018, 09:07:49 PM »

I'll be running as Al Gore, if that's ok. Thanks, I'll post my speech between today and tomorrow.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2018, 02:55:09 PM »

Hmmm. Can I play as Tim Johnson? Or maybe Tom Vilsack, a midwesterner.

Either works, just let me know

I'll be running as Al Gore, if that's ok. Thanks, I'll post my speech between today and tomorrow.

Got it.

Make sure to get your speeches in everyone!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2018, 03:29:11 PM »

Has anyone jumped in as Hillary yet?

I remember doing a 2004 game run by NHI where I was Hillary...so I want to see if I can actually win the nomination this time around.

Otherwise, I'll play as John Kerry.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2018, 03:55:55 PM »

Has anyone jumped in as Hillary yet?

I remember doing a 2004 game run by NHI where I was Hillary...so I want to see if I can actually win the nomination this time around.

Otherwise, I'll play as John Kerry.

Im already Kerry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies