2004 Election Game (sign up thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:28:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Election Game (sign up thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: 2004 Election Game (sign up thread)  (Read 10145 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2018, 01:36:01 PM »

Question, if the Mod and most players agree to it, can changes be made to the timeline for a candidate?

I'm not the mod, but what is it? If it's something reasonable I wouldn't see why not, but if it's something game changing like Shaheen not running for Senate in 2002 then I'd have to say no.

I'm assuming we won't' let Shaheen run for reelection in 2002 so I can push through a major health care bill that might spice up the game a little, - if not, maybe I'll just transform it into Vermont Care for my 2020 game. Lol.

I doubt she'd be able to get it through because a Republican controlled State legislature
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2018, 01:38:54 PM »

Question, if the Mod and most players agree to it, can changes be made to the timeline for a candidate?

I'm not the mod, but what is it? If it's something reasonable I wouldn't see why not, but if it's something game changing like Shaheen not running for Senate in 2002 then I'd have to say no.

I'm assuming we won't' let Shaheen run for reelection in 2002 so I can push through a major health care bill that might spice up the game a little, - if not, maybe I'll just transform it into Vermont Care for my 2020 game. Lol.

I doubt she'd be able to get it through because a Republican controlled State legislature

Without releasing too many specifics; it's actually a multiplayer, public-private plan that I think moderate Republicans could back, hence why I might use it in my 2020 game, conversely. Just think it'd make more sense here.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2018, 01:40:40 PM »

Without releasing too many specifics; it's actually a multiplayer, public-private plan that I think moderate Republicans could back, hence why I might use it in my 2020 game, conversely. Just think it'd make more sense here.

This is the early 2000's I'm not sure if America is really ready for such liberal legislation.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2018, 01:42:02 PM »

This is the early 2000's I'm not sure if America is really ready for such liberal legislation.

That said Im not against her being reelected Governor and trying to get it to pass. It'd cost her a lot of political clout and maybe burn some bridges, but it'd establish her as a Liberal face.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2018, 06:59:03 PM »

JacksonHitchcock-
Did you copy Edwards schedule? Because your Dec. 28th is the same as Edwards
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2018, 07:24:28 PM »

That said Im not against her being reelected Governor and trying to get it to pass. It'd cost her a lot of political clout and maybe burn some bridges, but it'd establish her as a Liberal face.

I'm open to her trying to do this while she's still Governor, but I don't think she should run for reelection, and I can't see her winning the Senate seat in 2002. But she might able to beat Judd Gregg in the Senate race, if she gets out of the Presidential Race early enough, and jumps in the Senate race, plus has a Democrat who can carry New Hampshire atop the ballot (so maybe Gore, Kerry or Clinton), she should beat Gregg.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2018, 07:34:54 PM »

I'm open to her trying to do this while she's still Governor, but I don't think she should run for reelection, and I can't see her winning the Senate seat in 2002. But she might able to beat Judd Gregg in the Senate race, if she gets out of the Presidential Race early enough, and jumps in the Senate race, plus has a Democrat who can carry New Hampshire atop the ballot (so maybe Gore, Kerry or Clinton), she should beat Gregg.

Kerry has the best chance to win NH...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2018, 07:43:23 PM »

Kerry has the best chance to win NH...

In terms of the General, Kerry or Gore probably have the best chance.

In terms of a Senate race. If Shaheen ran against Gregg, she'd win, especially if a Democrat carried the state atop the ballot.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2018, 04:40:07 PM »

If all goes well the Dems could have a nominee as early as March, or as late as at the DNC.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2018, 05:04:00 PM »

If all goes well the Dems could have a nominee as early as March, or as late as at the DNC.
I don’t think we will know by March, too many good campaigns and candidates
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2018, 05:15:13 PM »

Blue is Gore, Red is Clinton, Yellow is Lincoln, Green is Kerry, and Gray is Shaheen.

Before you jump down my throat about Edwards not winning North Carolina, I think that state essentially ends up in a delegate tie between Edwards, Lincoln and Gore/Clinton, but Lincoln walks away with the popular vote lead, hence why the map is yellow there.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2018, 05:39:27 PM »

Blue is Gore, Red is Clinton, Yellow is Lincoln, Green is Kerry, and Gray is Shaheen.

Before you jump down my throat about Edwards not winning North Carolina, I think that state essentially ends up in a delegate tie between Edwards, Lincoln and Gore/Clinton, but Lincoln walks away with the popular vote lead, hence why the map is yellow there.

with my investment into the African American vote, I think I might sneak away with a few industrial midwest states because of the battle between the others for white union voters.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2018, 08:11:19 PM »

Prediction:

Delegates:
Al Gore: 1,164/2,161
Hillary Clinton: 1,102/2,161
Blanche Lincoln: 613/2,161
John Edwards: 582/2,161
John Kerry: 566/2,161
Jenenea Shaheen: 223/2,161
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2018, 08:32:49 PM »

Prediction:

Delegates:

I think Lincoln does better in the South than that.

Other than Hillary maybe being more competitive in Arkansas, and giving Kerry New Hampshire, I don't know what other changes I'd make.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2018, 08:38:18 PM »

Prediction:

Delegates:

I think Lincoln does better in the South than that.

Other than Hillary maybe being more competitive in Arkansas, and giving Kerry New Hampshire, I don't know what other changes I'd make.

I'd say it's quite the appropriate map.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2018, 08:40:46 PM »

I do not believe it'll be that early. We're all running good campaigns, and I don't see any of us dropping out.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2018, 08:41:58 PM »

I do not believe it'll be that early. We're all running good campaigns, and I don't see any of us dropping out.

Eh, if I finish behind BOTH Shaheen and Lincoln in the early states, I'm gone, and I'm endorsing whichever of Shaheen/Lincoln is doing better.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2018, 08:44:19 PM »

The question was whether we could have Shaheen run for reelection in 2002 so I can pass a Health Care bill in the current timeline you numbskulls, I'm not dropping out, lmbo. : P

And I intend to make one final campaign dash before the end of this turn.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2018, 08:52:05 PM »

The question was whether we could have Shaheen run for reelection in 2002 so I can pass a Health Care bill in the current timeline you numbskulls, I'm not dropping out, lmbo. : P

And I intend to make one final campaign dash before the end of this turn.

CTConservative won't be back until the 1st so Im not sure.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2018, 09:07:36 PM »

I’m gonna have to drop out of this game. Am gonna focus on the Troubled Times one and the 2020 game
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #170 on: January 01, 2019, 07:27:22 PM »

When do we think the turn is ending?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #171 on: January 01, 2019, 08:17:55 PM »

Whoops...now I have to go back and delete several posts from last turn. (okay, maybe just the one thing in my schedule that has an Iowa rally... I can easily move that to this turn or next turn...It's not like I'm contesting D.C, anyways.)
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #172 on: January 01, 2019, 08:31:55 PM »

Whoops...now I have to go back and delete several posts from last turn. (okay, maybe just the one thing in my schedule that has an Iowa rally... I can easily move that to this turn or next turn...It's not like I'm contesting D.C, anyways.)
I am just removing my GOTV strategy and my Edwards caucus video/ media talk
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #173 on: January 01, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »

I'm keeping the GOTV strategy,because it doesn't really change, to be honest.

The results I need didn't really change, and if I keep them up, that means I don't have to put up a strategy summary until New Hampshire.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #174 on: January 01, 2019, 08:42:12 PM »

I'm keeping the GOTV strategy,because it doesn't really change, to be honest.

The results I need didn't really change, and if I keep them up, that means I don't have to put up a strategy summary until New Hampshire.
That is true, I might keep it up then
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies