SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:29:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Author Topic: SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts  (Read 38437 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: October 01, 2020, 01:51:29 AM »

Graham is begging for money (again).

Pathetic.

To use "lingo": "Ain't nobody goin be donating no money to no Lindsay Graham!" I find it hilarious that he's been reduced to this, but he deserves it, more than anyone else running this year. Even Susan Collins hasn't stooped this low.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #251 on: October 01, 2020, 08:50:28 AM »

Pathetic.

To use "lingo": "Ain't nobody goin be donating no money to no Lindsay Graham!" I find it hilarious that he's been reduced to this, but he deserves it, more than anyone else running this year. Even Susan Collins hasn't stooped this low.

Does it even work? it just looks so sad
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #252 on: October 01, 2020, 08:55:28 AM »

Pathetic.

Does it even work? it just looks so sad

I highly doubt it. One of the reasons why Graham is doing relatively poorly is that ardent Trumpists are still suspicious of him, even after the bald-faced turn he has undertaken in the two years that have elapsed since John McCain's death. They still consider him to be a RINO, and are thus unenthusiastic about supporting him. Fox News, of course, caters to many of these types, and they are probably unsympathetic about his situation.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #253 on: October 01, 2020, 09:12:55 AM »

If Harrison wins, SC will have two black senators.

Historical.

But probably for 2 years---Tim Scott may retire in 2022

Harrison will be vulnerable in 2026---Jeff Duncan or Alan Wilson can defeat him.

What makes you say that?  Why would he retire during a Biden mid-term?  He is more likely to retire by 2028. From what I have read, Sen. Tim Scott has indicated that he will run for what will be his final Senate term in 2022: 

Whether Scott could even be persuaded to mount a presidential bid remains unclear. The senator’s distaste for national politics is well-known, and he has said his 2022 Senate reelection campaign will be his last.

I don't think Scott retires until 2028, but I also think he may want to run for Governor at some point after that. As long as he runs, I don't think he will lose.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #254 on: October 01, 2020, 10:28:13 AM »

If Harrison wins, SC will have two black senators.

Historical.

But probably for 2 years---Tim Scott may retire in 2022

Harrison will be vulnerable in 2026---Jeff Duncan or Alan Wilson can defeat him.

What makes you say that?  Why would he retire during a Biden mid-term?  He is more likely to retire by 2028. From what I have read, Sen. Tim Scott has indicated that he will run for what will be his final Senate term in 2022: 

Whether Scott could even be persuaded to mount a presidential bid remains unclear. The senator’s distaste for national politics is well-known, and he has said his 2022 Senate reelection campaign will be his last.

I don't think Scott retires until 2028, but I also think he may want to run for Governor at some point after that. As long as he runs, I don't think he will lose.

I actually live quite close to Senator Scott in DC and have had numerous positive interactions with him. His distaste for national politics largely stems from his dislike for the city of DC itself and the required travel (both hugely underrated reasons for politicians retiring at otherwise questionable times). I also think he'll stick out another term, but if Harrison's performance motivates a strong Dem challenger I could certainly see him make the calculation that a grueling campaign isn't worth it for a job he largely isn't enthused by.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2020, 10:51:35 AM »

Help me Lindsey Graham dot com please donate Lindsey Graham dot com the Democrats Lindsey Graham dot com

What ever happened to WinRed?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #256 on: October 01, 2020, 10:53:05 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2020, 10:56:14 AM by Blair »

Help me Lindsey Graham dot com please donate Lindsey Graham dot com the Democrats Lindsey Graham dot com

What ever happened to WinRed?

It's peak 2007 for a politician to refer to their website.

Funnily enough when you go to the site a weird & garbled ask for donations comes up
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #257 on: October 01, 2020, 10:53:36 AM »

This is a real race.

GOP super PAC preparing $10M ad blitz in South Carolina to boost Graham
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/519134-gop-super-pac-preparing-10m-ad-blitz-in-south-carolina-to-boost-graham
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #258 on: October 01, 2020, 10:58:45 AM »

I'd really love to see Tim Scott run for president before the end of his career, as opposed to that Nikki Haley who has been so hyped up.

Nothing, and I mean nothing that could happen in American politics would be as good and cleansing for this country to have a strong, principled Black Republican president for 4-8 years. It would really go eons towards healing some of the partisan-racial fissures that have built up in this country. Of course, that's precisely why it won't happen.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2020, 11:00:16 AM »

I don't think there's any real chance he loses, even if it might be close, but I have to say watching Graham squirm has been probably the most satisfying thing I've seen this entire cycle
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #260 on: October 01, 2020, 11:47:35 AM »

We need Biden to chunk some of that $60mil in donations to Jaime Harrison.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #261 on: October 01, 2020, 12:10:53 PM »

Damn he broke broke. I’ve never seen a national pol beg for money like this.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2020, 01:40:20 PM »

This is $10 million that isn't getting spent saving Collins or Tillis

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2020, 02:15:15 PM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #264 on: October 01, 2020, 02:55:40 PM »

This image is prominently featured on Lindsey Graham's website:

Has Lindsey ever considered making cowboy boots part of his image?  Or just putting wedges in his shoes.  You can add 2 inches to your height by doing that.  That would at least get him to 5'8 which is pretty average.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #265 on: October 01, 2020, 03:05:31 PM »

This really hurts Harrison. I wonder what pressure the RNC put on that guy to drop out
new_patomic

« Reply #266 on: October 01, 2020, 03:14:44 PM »

Will he still appear on the ballot?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #267 on: October 01, 2020, 03:15:19 PM »

Anyone who was voting Constitution Party probably won't vote for Graham even with their candidate out. Most support for that part is based on dislike for Graham more than anything else and there has always been a contingent in the state that doesn't like him. These people aren't always that strategic in their voting.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #268 on: October 01, 2020, 03:18:23 PM »

Anyone who was voting Constitution Party probably won't vote for Graham even with their candidate out. Most support for that part is based on dislike for Graham more than anything else and there has always been a contingent in the state that doesn't like him. These people aren't always that strategic in their voting.

Is there a libertarian party on the ballot?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #269 on: October 01, 2020, 03:24:34 PM »

No Libertarian on the ballot.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2020, 03:41:08 PM »

No Libertarian on the ballot.

But there is a Libertarian running a write-in campaign.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2020, 04:24:19 PM »

If he doesn’t appear on the ballot, best news for Senate Republicans since the Montana Libertarians chose not to select a candidate for Senate and Marshall beat Kobach in KS.

I think it's too late to change the ballot though, so this may not be *that* good of news for Graham if Constitution remains on ballot
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #272 on: October 01, 2020, 04:27:54 PM »

If he doesn’t appear on the ballot, best news for Senate Republicans since the Montana Libertarians chose not to select a candidate for Senate and Marshall beat Kobach in KS.

I think it's too late to change the ballot though, so this may not be *that* good of news for Graham if Constitution remains on ballot

Surely it's better to get the candidate to drop out after the period in which the party can nominate a replacement. I'm not sure of the specifics in SC's case, but often the deadline for nominating a replacement and the deadline for having one's name removed from the ballot are the same.
voice_of_resistance
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.34, S: 5.22

« Reply #273 on: October 01, 2020, 04:50:02 PM »

Bledsoe's still on the ballot. This is still a Lean R race.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #274 on: October 01, 2020, 05:00:51 PM »

It’s not like Bledsoe had a massive field operation or had a chance to win. A vote receptacle with no chance to win remains a vote receptacle with no chance to win.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies