Super Smash Bros Ultimate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:15:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Super Smash Bros Ultimate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Ultimate  (Read 1551 times)
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 08, 2018, 03:57:45 PM »

Anyone else playing? I don’t have a switch, but most of my friends do. One of them had a party for it last night and another is having one tonight.

Who’s your favorite fighter?

I’m partial to Villager, Ice Climbers, King K. Rool, and Link.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 04:00:56 PM »

I’m always Wario. It started off as a joke but he’s my guy now
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 04:38:48 PM »

I find it really bothersome how they decided to bring everyone from all the previous games back.

There is no reason why a game releases in 2018 should be filled with bad content just because the same bad content was in previous games in the series from 1999, 2001, 2008, and 2014. At some point, one just needs to cut out the rotten apples, and move on from there.

People applauded the removal of Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, and Young Link in Brawl. People applauded the removal of Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Ice Climbers, and Lucas in Smash 4. But in each new game, there were still some bad character ideas brought back, and more new bad character ideas added in. It all started with the inclusion of Ness and Jigglypuff in the original. Dr. Mario came back in the regular game of Smash 4. Roy and Lucas were brought back in DLC. (By the way, the DLC is also mathematically overpriced in Smash 4). I am not going to get into the full list of which characters should not be there, but at this point, it is probably at least 1/3rd of the roster.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 05:32:54 PM »

My son's been playing it since he got off work.  It's not my thing.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 06:03:41 PM »

I find it really bothersome how they decided to bring everyone from all the previous games back.

There is no reason why a game releases in 2018 should be filled with bad content just because the same bad content was in previous games in the series from 1999, 2001, 2008, and 2014. At some point, one just needs to cut out the rotten apples, and move on from there.

People applauded the removal of Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, and Young Link in Brawl. People applauded the removal of Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Ice Climbers, and Lucas in Smash 4. But in each new game, there were still some bad character ideas brought back, and more new bad character ideas added in. It all started with the inclusion of Ness and Jigglypuff in the original. Dr. Mario came back in the regular game of Smash 4. Roy and Lucas were brought back in DLC. (By the way, the DLC is also mathematically overpriced in Smash 4). I am not going to get into the full list of which characters should not be there, but at this point, it is probably at least 1/3rd of the roster.

This is a bad opinion. Just because you may not like a certain character, does not mean no one likes them. Jigglypuff is a classic meme character, and who cannot be okeh with Ness and Lucas? The Earthbound games are Something Terrific, after all.

Also... people were pretty upset with the cuts from Smash 4 and Brawl (the ones you listed for Brawl less so, since they were clones). AND - you listed four characters whose cuts from Smash 4 "were applauded" that were entirely unique. Yet you left out Wolf, who (like Lucas) shared several concepts from another character (both are fan favorites still and play entirely different than their related characters!).

My disappointment in you is immeasurable, and my day is ruined. Sad

Now I'm curious who you would cut!
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 06:43:26 PM »

I don't own it, but I frequently play Smash with my friends. My top three are Snake, Sheik, and Samus.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »

Still disappointed Rayman isn't in it.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 08:24:20 PM »

I've been playing mostly as Kirby since N64 days
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 08:46:54 PM »

I've been a Luigi girl since Melee.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »

Bowser or Ganondorf. Partial to classics.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 06:31:12 AM »

I've never been a huge fan of Smash Bros even though I generally like Nintendo games. It's fun to play with friends I guess (I had a lot of fan with Brawl as a kid) but I wouldn't buy it nowadays.

In any case I don't have a Switch so even if I wanted, I can't get it.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 04:34:36 PM »

This is a bad opinion. Just because you may not like a certain character, does not mean no one likes them. Jigglypuff is a classic meme character, and who cannot be okeh with Ness and Lucas? The Earthbound games are Something Terrific, after all.

Also... people were pretty upset with the cuts from Smash 4 and Brawl (the ones you listed for Brawl less so, since they were clones). AND - you listed four characters whose cuts from Smash 4 "were applauded" that were entirely unique. Yet you left out Wolf, who (like Lucas) shared several concepts from another character (both are fan favorites still and play entirely different than their related characters!).

fine, here is the list:
Dr. Mario
Koopaling Alts for Bowser Jr (Bowser Jr should stay though)
Sheik
Young Link
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Pokemon Trainer (remove Squirtle and Ivysaur entirely, and make Charizard separate again)
Ness
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Marth
Roy
Ike
Robin
Lucina
Corrin
Palutena
Dark Pit
R.O.B.
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Snake
Ryu
Cloud
Bayonetta
Piranha Plant
Chrom
Ken
Simon
Richter
Joker
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 07:45:18 PM »

As a Persona 5 fan, I'm excited for Joker in Smash. This game is so fun in handheld mode btw.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 09:05:10 AM »

Played it at a club after school yesterday with GameCube controllers and eight players. 2¼ straight hours of Smash. Probably one of the best experiences of my life.

Also, I got a lot of top 3 finishes, which surprised me, because I'm a rookie who hasn't played since Sm4sh was popular, and I sucked really bad at it.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 06:42:10 PM »

fine, here is the list:
Dr. Mario
Sheik
Young Link
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Pokemon Trainer (remove Squirtle and Ivysaur entirely, and make Charizard separate again)
Ness
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Marth
Roy
Ike
Robin
Lucina
Corrin
Palutena
Dark Pit
R.O.B.
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Snake
Ryu
Cloud
Bayonetta
Piranha Plant
Chrom
Ken
Simon
Richter
Joker

You can go DIAF for suggesting that.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 03:23:56 PM »

ROY IS MY BOY
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 03:45:37 PM »

I'm pretty hyped for Mewtwo being good now since I used to play him in Melee all the time even though he was pretty bad.
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 04:12:31 PM »

I've been playing mostly as R.O.B. "la licuadora"
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 01:03:10 PM »

fine, here is the list:
Dr. Mario
Sheik
Young Link
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Ness
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Marth
Roy
Ike
Robin
Lucina
Corrin
Palutena
Dark Pit
R.O.B.
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Snake
Ryu
Cloud
Bayonetta
Piranha Plant
Chrom
Ken
Simon
Richter
Joker
I know Fire Emblem has too many characters but what happened you want to get rid of all of them?
HomestarSB9
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 03:40:31 PM »

I just got the game three days ago for Christmas, I main Kirby, Isabelle and Villager, sometimes Ness or Pichu.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2018, 04:14:58 AM »

fine, here is the list:
Dr. Mario
Sheik
Young Link
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Ness
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Marth
Roy
Ike
Robin
Lucina
Corrin
Palutena
Dark Pit
R.O.B.
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Snake
Ryu
Cloud
Bayonetta
Piranha Plant
Chrom
Ken
Simon
Richter
Joker

Boy am I glad you don't control development of Smash; you just want to suck ALL the fun out of it!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 09:00:49 AM »

Good news, second group of DLC characters announced, everyone got Banjo like they wanted too.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 09:55:53 AM »

incineroar mains rise up
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 07:14:58 PM »

Wow, you and I share interest in a lot of video games. I'm not an Incineroar main per se, but he is one of my top five favorite characters.

Unfortunately though, my interest in Smash has waned a bit since I've been anticipating Borderlands 3 for the past few months and been replaying the past games in that series. I haven't even bought any of the downloadable characters, mostly due to not really caring about them, I might not buy them at all. Well, other than Banjo-Kazooie. I'll definitely get them at some point soon. I'm really thankful that there will be a second season of fighters though. I really hope it's a better lot this time.

How did I miss this thread?

Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 12:40:17 AM »

fine, here is the list:
Dr. Mario
Sheik
Young Link
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Ness
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Marth
Roy
Ike
Robin
Lucina
Corrin
Palutena
Dark Pit
R.O.B.