IA-SEN 2020: Ernst megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:24:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IA-SEN 2020: Ernst megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37
Author Topic: IA-SEN 2020: Ernst megathread  (Read 64846 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: October 10, 2020, 08:38:34 PM »

Joni Ernst tours the state by motorcycle in the final days of 'tough, tough, tough' re-election fight.

"It's not what I feel on the ground," she said. "It's not what I feel when I'm traveling through all 99 counties of Iowa. I am out there, every single week, traveling to a different county and meeting with Iowans."

I detect #populism Purple heart

Unironically, Ernst is good at "retail politics" (and so is Chuck Grassley, who visits all 99 counties every year, and has done so for decades). And voters do appreciate it when politicians reach out to them directly and visit with them. Of course, this doesn't mean that she's going to win reelection because of it-as retail politics can only do so far in this intensely polarized environment. But it might be of aid to her.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #701 on: October 10, 2020, 08:51:17 PM »

#SenateRacesonMotocycles
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #702 on: October 10, 2020, 08:52:34 PM »

Also "$30 million more" than, how much has spent here total?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #703 on: October 11, 2020, 02:04:38 AM »

Joni Ernst tours the state by motorcycle in the final days of 'tough, tough, tough' re-election fight.

"It's not what I feel on the ground," she said. "It's not what I feel when I'm traveling through all 99 counties of Iowa. I am out there, every single week, traveling to a different county and meeting with Iowans."

I forget, what's the source of that meme?
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #704 on: October 11, 2020, 02:23:00 AM »

Steve Bullock, I believe.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #705 on: October 11, 2020, 03:03:26 AM »

Steve Bullock, I believe.

No, it’s Jon Tester IIRC.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #706 on: October 11, 2020, 07:28:19 AM »

Also "$30 million more" than, how much has spent here total?

$156 million

Source
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #707 on: October 11, 2020, 01:49:47 PM »

Yeah, with IceSpear (RIP FF) taking care of the hashtag and the pink heart. It’s mostly a meme to express the hollowness and absurdity/arbitrariness with which the ‘populist’ label is thrown around and to point out how incredibly laughable the clichés about said ‘populist’ voters are, and I can’t say it failed in that regard, even if it triggers certain posters.

Trust me, there are no "populist" tendencies of any stripe in the "ideology" of people who support Jon Tester and Greg Gianforte but can’t bring themselves to vote for Amanda Curtis or Kathleen Williams, regardless of how loosely we define the term without veering into complete absurdity where it loses all of its meaning.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #708 on: October 11, 2020, 02:56:08 PM »

Yeah, with IceSpear (RIP FF) taking care of the hashtag and the pink heart. It’s mostly a meme to express the hollowness and absurdity/arbitrariness with which the ‘populist’ label is thrown around and to point out how incredibly laughable the clichés about said ‘populist’ voters are, and I can’t say it failed in that regard, even if it triggers certain posters.

Trust me, there are no "populist" tendencies of any stripe in the "ideology" of people who support Jon Tester and Greg Gianforte but can’t bring themselves to vote for Amanda Curtis or Kathleen Williams, regardless of how loosely we define the term without veering into complete absurdity where it loses all of its meaning.

What happened to IceSpear
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #709 on: October 11, 2020, 02:59:57 PM »

IceSpear hasn’t logged in for six months.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #710 on: October 11, 2020, 04:53:29 PM »

why? is he good
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #711 on: October 12, 2020, 01:49:49 AM »

OK, after poll after poll of Ernst trailing by healthy margins, I feel pretty confident putting this at Tilt D. IA-Pres will be very close, and if Greenfield runs just a couple points ahead of Biden (which seems quite likely) then that should be all she needs.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #712 on: October 12, 2020, 05:10:34 AM »

Since we haven't seen many ME and NC polls, it's a possibility that Ernst or Collins can lose and Harrison instead of Cunningham win. We don't know. With Covid, they won't poll the Senate races like they keep giving us tracking polls of blowout Biden numbers
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #713 on: October 12, 2020, 10:14:58 AM »

why? is he good

I mean he based his half his personality on that Matt Bevin was going to win

Then Bevin lost. It hurt his standing in the forum.

I admit I was on the Bevinevitable train, but I didn't over-focus on it.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #714 on: October 12, 2020, 10:21:59 AM »

why? is he good

It wasn't just Bevin. IceSpear has long insisted that no Democrat can win a red state because of "racist hicks". He (accurately) thought this of Phil Bredesen's Senate run, but also Joe Manchin and Doug Jones. Funny thing is that Alben Barkley joined the forum just to rebut IceSpear going on about Bevin's reelection supposedly being inevitable.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #715 on: October 12, 2020, 10:25:58 AM »

why? is he good

It wasn't just Bevin. IceSpear has long insisted that no Democrat can win a red state because of "racist hicks". He (accurately) thought this of Phil Bredesen's Senate run, but also Joe Manchin and Doug Jones. Funny thing is that Alben Barkley joined the forum just to rebut IceSpear going on about Bevin's reelection supposedly being inevitable.

That is true. Barkley was the counterweight, insisting the Dems can win in Red States.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #716 on: October 12, 2020, 10:33:07 AM »

Well, the people of Kentucky would have been better off today, had they elected Bevin instead of this incompetent hack Beshear.

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #717 on: October 12, 2020, 10:34:51 AM »

why? is he good

That is true. Barkley was the counterweight, insisting the Dems can win in Red States.

Now that I think about it, his insistence wasn't even limited to Democrats. He also thought there was no chance of Steve King losing his primary.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #718 on: October 12, 2020, 10:45:11 AM »

Well, the people of Kentucky would have been better off today, had they elected Bevin instead of this incompetent hack Beshear.

Yes, because the track record of Republican governors in handling COVID has been just stellar across the board.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #719 on: October 12, 2020, 10:50:25 AM »

Yes, because the track record of Republican governors in handling COVID has been just stellar across the board.

Yes, it has. The economy of the states with Democratic governors has suffered much more than the economy of the states with Republican governors.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #720 on: October 12, 2020, 10:53:42 AM »

Yes, it has. The economy of the states with Democratic governors has suffered much more than the economy of the states with Republican governors.

Terrible responses to coronavirus cross partisan boundaries. Democratic Governors such as Whitmer, Cuomo, and Newsom haven't done particularly well with their responses, in tandem with Republican Governors such as Kemp, DeSantis, and Noem. And of course, we have other Republican Governors who have responded very well-Scott, Hogan, Baker, and DeWine-to give a few names.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #721 on: October 12, 2020, 10:59:50 AM »

Terrible responses to coronavirus cross partisan boundaries. Democratic Governors such as Whitmer, Cuomo, and Newsom haven't done particularly well with their responses, in tandem with Republican Governors such as Kemp, DeSantis, and Noem. And of course, we have other Republican Governors who have responded very well-Scott, Hogan, Baker, and DeWine-to give a few names.

Whitmer's response was fine, and every poll shows that Michigan approves of not only her, but her handling of the virus
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #722 on: October 12, 2020, 11:02:02 AM »

THE LINE GOD DEMANDS BLOOD. LIVES OF GEORGIANS MUST BE GIVEN SO THAT LINE GOD MIGHT BLESS US AND GO UP. LINE GOD APOSTASY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. LINUS VULT.

As a resident of Kempland, I can tell you that no one is enamored with his handling of the virus, and the same is probably true for most states with red governors.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #723 on: October 12, 2020, 11:03:53 AM »

Whitmer's response was fine, and every poll shows that Michigan approves of not only her, but her handling of the virus

The Michigan Supreme Court struck down several of her restrictions as unconstitutional, and Whitmer, like other Governors, sent coronavirus patients to nursing homes in her state, thus exacerbating the spread of the virus. But I digress, and I don't want for this thread to be derailed.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #724 on: October 12, 2020, 11:17:27 AM »

The Michigan Supreme Court struck down several of her restrictions as unconstitutional, and Whitmer, like other Governors, sent coronavirus patients to nursing homes in her state, thus exacerbating the spread of the virus. But I digress, and I don't want for this thread to be derailed.

Absent any federal plan or guidelines I'm not sure what you expect governors to be able to do their own.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies