Bill Nelson had $3m in the bank on Election Day
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:57:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bill Nelson had $3m in the bank on Election Day
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bill Nelson had $3m in the bank on Election Day  (Read 1935 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2018, 11:21:23 PM »

...and lost by a tenth of a point. That's the same amount of money as his entire campaign spent in the final 3 weeks of the election. Wonder what would have happened if he actually spent it instead of being an idiot?

http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00344051/1298980

Strong Candidate
123NY
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 11:31:16 PM »

But I was told Bill Nelson was an unheralded genius for his lethargic campaign strategy and that I should stop being even mildly concerned about the race.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 11:32:22 PM »

I hate him so much for his laziness. If he had spent more money, I know he could've pulled through.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 11:38:13 PM »

Yeah, I've been a skeptic of people who called him a bad candidate all year long, but at this point I have to admit they were probably right.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 02:59:07 AM »

I hate him so much for his laziness. If he had spent more money, I know he could've pulled through.

Completely agree. He should have gotten out much, much earlier. His race was absolutely winnable. In a worst-case-scenario, this could cost a Dem prez the senate majority in 2021, allowing McConnell and the hard-right to block judges and make cabinet formation more complicated.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 05:16:47 AM »

I don't disagree at all with your overall point, but I'd just like to say, this election is one of those elections where it was so close that you could say any number of things cost the loser the election and probably be right.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 05:31:21 AM »

William "Dolla Bill" Nelson didn't count on people like me and my group of ragtag GOP campaigners to kick him out of DC and his teammate out of Tallahassee.*

*well I think Gillum is still gonna be in Tallahassee regardless but y'all know what I'm talking about

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 07:04:25 AM »

William "Dolla Bill" Nelson didn't count on people like me and my group of ragtag GOP campaigners to kick him out of DC and his teammate out of Tallahassee.*

*well I think Gillum is still gonna be in Tallahassee regardless but y'all know what I'm talking about

Are you funded by Russia?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 09:03:22 AM »

Completely agree. He should have gotten out much, much earlier. His race was absolutely winnable. In a worst-case-scenario, this could cost a Dem prez the senate majority in 2021, allowing McConnell and the hard-right to block judges and make cabinet formation more complicated.

They only need to flip three seats, or four if the lose Jones. Colorado, Maine, the AZ special, North Carolina, and maybe Iowa. And if they’re lucky, Georgia or Texas. And I’m sure Murkowski will at least let the nominations through.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 10:04:23 AM »

The entire party is lazy down here. Every now and then we come across a few hard workers who have "the right stuff" but they get thrown under the bus pretty quickly. It's all pretty the r-word (Its un-PC to use that word now because my Conservative cousin now posts about how people shouldn't say "retarded" any more)...
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 10:47:34 AM »

AstroNUT is clearly just playing 4D chess, folks. Easy Connie Mack 2.0/"VA-GOV 2017 redux."
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 11:26:39 AM »

I told everyone that Nelson was well past his prime, the reason tye election was so close was because of the D+8 environment, otherwise this would have been a 4-pt  race.
Thatkat04
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 11:40:25 AM »

I told everyone that Nelson was well past his prime, the reason tye election was so close was because of the D+8 environment, otherwise this would have been a 4-pt  race.

I dont think it would be that lopsided. Florida is so divided that even in a pro-republican environment, Scott probably only would have won by a point or two.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 11:48:33 AM »

Sounds like he'd make a great head of the Florida Democratic Party.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 01:09:10 PM »

I dont think it would be that lopsided. Florida is so divided that even in a pro-republican environment, Scott probably only would have won by a point or two.
Eh, if this were a Clinton midterm I absolutely think it would have been a 4-5pt race, his entire campaign could be defined as 1. Trump is bad and 2. I went to space
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 01:19:29 PM »

There was a great politico article (which I’m too lazy to link) showing his entire campaign was a joke- didn’t do any Hispanic ads until the late summer
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 01:22:31 PM »

There's a realignment going on where FL is trending R and AZ, NV and CO are trending. Democratic
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 01:23:49 PM »

They only need to flip three seats, or four if the lose Jones. Colorado, Maine, the AZ special, North Carolina, and maybe Iowa. And if they’re lucky, Georgia or Texas. And I’m sure Murkowski will at least let the nominations through.

Murkowski voted against both Obama SCOTUS nominees.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »

I honestly think Nelson has grown senile over the past 6 years. Only explanation for his terrible campaign.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 11:15:58 PM »

I'll give Nelson this, the FEC report is actually from 10/18 - 11/26 and he solicited a lot of money for the recount. I could see him getting a lot of small donors to chip in during that time because it was really a frenzy so this just could be left over from that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 09:26:44 PM »

Nelson was old and tired and it showed.

What was needed was that Nelson needed to retire, and a young, fresh, (and preferably female) challenger to Scott needed to emerge.  Indeed, what if Gwen Graham, rather than Nelson, had run against Scott for an open seat; would THAT have gone so poorly?
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 09:30:56 PM »

What was needed was that Nelson needed to retire, and a young, fresh, (and preferably female) challenger to Scott needed to emerge.  Indeed, what if Gwen Graham, rather than Nelson, had run against Scott for an open seat; would THAT have gone so poorly?

How do you think someone like Stephanie Murphy would've done? She ticks all three of those boxes.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 09:31:51 PM »

How do you think someone like Stephanie Murphy would've done? She ticks all three of those boxes.

She well may have won.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2018, 10:13:06 PM »

I don't disagree at all with your overall point, but I'd just like to say, this election is one of those elections where it was so close that you could say any number of things cost the loser the election and probably be right.

True, but some things are in the power of the candidates.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 02:07:31 AM »

FL is trending R while CO, NV are trending Democratic and Dems dont even need FL. Which isnt a Mexican state.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies