Is Stacey Abrams going to run for US Senate seat in 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:29:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is Stacey Abrams going to run for US Senate seat in 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Is Stacey Abrams going to run for US Senate seat in 2020?  (Read 4571 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2018, 10:55:45 PM »

If she couldn't win a state race in a perfect storm for Democrats, she's not going to win a federal race, which is extremely polarizing.
ajwiopjawefoiwefnwn
JaydonBrooks
Rookie
United States
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2018, 10:56:12 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2018, 11:03:22 PM by JaydonBrooks »

Dude, quit whining and leave already.  No one's forcing you to post here.  No one cares if you're offended.  And your posts here have demonstrated that you haven't matured.  Not even a bit.

Oh, and piss off from AAD, too.

F**k you.

REPORTED FOR PERSONAL ATTACK

Seriously, I don't give a sh!t about your views, kid.  You've been a nuisance since you started posting here.  You are now taking your outrage against the site by actively derailing threads with this nonsense.  Are you really surprised that no one likes you?  Quit being so sanctimonious.  Take a break from the forum.  Maybe come back one day when you really have matured.  But don't join a political message board expecting a f#cking kumbaya, because you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

I am not a kid! And I wasn't expecting for this to be some joyous sort of place. I was at least expecting some sort of civility. But unfortunately, you, and all of the other partisan hacks on this website, haven't been capable of that. I'm done conversing with you. You are a terrible poster and a terrible person.

Everyone here needs to take a deep breath and calm down.
Do you guys realize how ridiculous and petty you sound?

Anyways, I doubt that Georgia's demographics will change quickly enough for Stacey Abrams to score a victory in Georgia in 2020.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2018, 11:07:06 PM »

Maybe, more likely she runs for gov again in 2022, probably the whole reasoning behind her "runoff" fundraising account and two week temper tantrum was to raise funds for a future run from gullible out of state democrats. Almost certainly the same reasoning behind Gillum withdrawing his concession and creating a "recount" fund when it was clear his case was always hopeless
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2018, 02:22:54 AM »

Maybe, and I am looking forward to seeing

-her lose to David Purdue
-Doug Jones and Jeanne Shaheen losing to whoever the hell we run against 'em
-Joni Ernst, Susan Collins, Thom Tillis...AND Cory Gardner beating off whoever the D's run against em
-John James beating Gary Peters, Corey Stewart beating Mark Warner
-Mimi Walters and Dana Rohrabacher and others reclaiming their rightful seats
-Bobby Frank O'Rourke losing twice in one day - to John Cornyn and President Donald John Trump

and a few other nice things that I can't think of right now

Seek help.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2018, 02:41:31 AM »

I hope so.

A bit disappointed she isn't talked about to take on Trump while Beto is, she got closer and arguably would've won if Kemp hadn't tossed out those voter rolls.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2018, 09:21:14 AM »

Dems will win ME and Co. Bulluck will see he has a better chance of winning Senate than beating Fox. Then you go to AZ, NC and GA and KS and thats a 2-4 seat pickup
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2018, 10:18:00 AM »

If she couldn't win a state race in a perfect storm for Democrats, she's not going to win a federal race, which is extremely polarizing.

I think she should run for Governor again. Outgoing Deal had like a +30 approval right and Kemp squeaked it out by 1 point. Another four years of demographic changes and another four years to fine tune her GOTV operation and hopefully her lawsuit bringing changes to how we handle elections here and she can win.

2020 is too soon... I think Trump will carry it by 2-3. I'd rather have a sacrifical lamb like Teresa Tomlinson or Scott Holcomb go up against Perdue. Abrams is too precious of a candidate right now and if she loses a second statewide race in 2 years, it won't be a good look.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2018, 10:36:49 AM »

Simmer down everybody.  The political scene is heated enough as it is. 

It wouldn't shock me if Abrams ran for a Senate seat.  There definitely has to be a fire in her belly after the clusterfest that was the governor's race. 
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2018, 11:29:43 AM »

I am going to guess that she waits for a 2022 rematch with Brian Kemp
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2018, 11:32:44 AM »

Please stay on topic. --Mod.
SCNCmod

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2018, 11:16:07 PM »

Why want has she done that bad? While her opponent quietly rigged the election for him.

If I lived in atlanta Id probably reluctantly vote for the commie because Kemp is gonna let the state house loose but I really disliked Stacy Abrams concession which was quite disrespectful.

I like Abrams... but I did think her concession speech wasn't the best image for her.  She was actually much more of a work horse who could reach across party lines as House minority leader... than came off with the speech.  Also- I was always impressed with her in interviews... when her policy prowess and logical intelligence really came across.  To me the concession speech did her a disservice and because that is the only thing many people outside of Georgia saw... many may have the wrong impression of Abrams.  But all of this shouldn't matter as much in Georgie... and will be remedied by a hopefully successful Senate bid.
SCNCmod

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2018, 11:24:08 PM »

I think she should run for Governor again. Outgoing Deal had like a +30 approval right and Kemp squeaked it out by 1 point. Another four years of demographic changes and another four years to fine tune her GOTV operation and hopefully her lawsuit bringing changes to how we handle elections here and she can win.

2020 is too soon... I think Trump will carry it by 2-3. I'd rather have a sacrifical lamb like Teresa Tomlinson or Scott Holcomb go up against Perdue. Abrams is too precious of a candidate right now and if she loses a second statewide race in 2 years, it won't be a good look.

To me Senator (policy, legislative, etc) is a better fit for Abrams... considering she was House minority leader.

Also- with 2020 being an election year... and especially if Beto were to get the nomination and turn out to be as strong of a candidate as many of us think he will be... I think 2020 could be a good opportunity.  Also- didn't most of the rural counties already have SKY HIGH turnout rates in the Gov race... So I'm not sure turnout would be much higher in some of the rural counties... where as any increase in the populated Atlanta metro area could have a big impact.  If I was advising her... I would say 2020 is a good environment and worth the risk.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2018, 12:02:02 AM »

if Bishop gets gerrymandered out in 2020 should he just go statewide for something like lt gov for a white female or some row officer?
Somehow he has legit crossover appeal to racist hicks. He had the largest differecne from Stacy Abrams of any georgia candidate for congress.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2018, 12:05:37 PM »

if Bishop gets gerrymandered out in 2020 should he just go statewide for something like lt gov for a white female or some row officer?
Somehow he has legit crossover appeal to racist hicks. He had the largest differecne from Stacy Abrams of any georgia candidate for congress.
so did barrow...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2018, 04:20:50 PM »

Dems have a better chance in IA, ME and NC
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »