Is Stacey Abrams going to run for US Senate seat in 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:10:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is Stacey Abrams going to run for US Senate seat in 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Is Stacey Abrams going to run for US Senate seat in 2020?  (Read 4572 times)
SCNCmod

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2018, 11:15:52 PM »

I saw an interview recently which Abrams said something like she was not ruling it out... Does anyone know (or think one way or the other) if she will likely run for Senate?
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 11:16:29 PM »

I think she will try for a redo with kemp.
SCNCmod

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 11:22:41 PM »

I think she will try for a redo with kemp.

I tend to think ... her mindset may be that 4 years is a long time away.  Also, Senate is more up her alley anyway, considering she was House Minority leader in the GA General Assembly.  So really her expertise is more on the legislative side than the executive side.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 11:25:26 PM »

I’m sure she’ll run for something.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 12:10:39 AM »

And hopefully lose again.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 12:19:42 AM »

Why want has she done that so bad? While her opponent quietly rigged the election for him.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 12:21:01 AM »

Why want has she done that bad? While her opponent quietly rigged the election for him.

If I lived in atlanta Id probably reluctantly vote for the commie because Kemp is gonna let the state house loose but I really disliked Stacy Abrams concession which was quite disrespectful.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 12:22:58 AM »

Why want has she done that bad? While her opponent quietly rigged the election for him.

If I lived in atlanta Id probably reluctantly vote for the commie because Kemp is gonna let the state house loose but I really disliked Stacy Abrams concession which was quite disrespectful.
He didn’t deserve to have a respectful concession speech, he doesn’t even deserve to be Dogcatcher.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 02:59:48 AM »

LOL
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 03:07:55 AM »

LOL
Exaggeration but the state legislature would keep her in check.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 03:29:53 AM »

What a balanced, totally not-hackish moderate opinion Smiley Smiley Smiley Kemp stealing the election by disenfranchising voters, as well as his extreme far-right opinions, were so calm and RespectfulTM while Abrams engaged in disgusting ad-hominem attacks, right? Tongue
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 05:37:14 AM »

Maybe, and I am looking forward to seeing

-her lose to David Purdue
-Doug Jones and Jeanne Shaheen losing to whoever the hell we run against 'em
-Joni Ernst, Susan Collins, Thom Tillis...AND Cory Gardner beating off whoever the D's run against em
-John James beating Gary Peters, Corey Stewart beating Mark Warner
-Mimi Walters and Dana Rohrabacher and others reclaiming their rightful seats
-Bobby Frank O'Rourke losing twice in one day - to John Cornyn and President Donald John Trump

and a few other nice things that I can't think of right now
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 09:05:57 AM »

I think she might. Dems will certainly try to recruit her, even it it’s more about carrying the state in the electoral college than the actual seat.

Perdue isn’t a particularly flawed opponent for her the way Kemp was, but I’d say he’s be Easier to beat than Isakson.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 09:22:32 AM »

-Joni Ernst, Susan Collins, Thom Tillis...AND Cory Gardner beating off whoever the D's run against em
-Bobby Frank O'Rourke losing twice in one day - to John Cornyn and President Donald John Trump

Seek help.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 10:12:57 AM »

?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 10:26:07 AM »

I have no clue why you are setting yourself up for such disappointment.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 10:30:29 AM »

I have no clue why you are setting yourself up for such disappointment.
Still my favorite GOP hack on this board
FF.
UncleSam

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 05:18:04 PM »

My god, you are such a Republican hack. Kemp literally preventing people from voting is okay but Abrams challenging that is wrong?
I think it’s more that Stacey Abrams is a hardcore leftist so presumably someone who is a arepublican wouldn’t want that person to win

Kind of like how Democrats don’t want Republicans to win regardless of whatever the Democrat may or may not have done in terms of scandals
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 05:27:25 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2018, 05:50:18 PM by Calthrina950 »

What a balanced, totally not-hackish moderate opinion Smiley Smiley Smiley Kemp stealing the election by disenfranchising voters, as well as his extreme far-right opinions, were so calm and RespectfulTM while Abrams engaged in disgusting ad-hominem attacks, right? Tongue

My god, you are such a Republican hack. Kemp literally preventing people from voting is okay but Abrams challenging that is wrong?

You Democrats would be saying the same thing about a Republican "rising star" who fell just short in one election, and decided to come back in the next. So don't give me that.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 05:30:52 PM »

You Democrats would be saying the same thing about a Republican "rising star" who fell just short in  one election, and decided to come back in the next. So don't give me that.

I mean, we Demcorats (even me, who was an independent until very recently and who's relatively moderate) don't claim to be centrists who just want the political discourse to improve Tongue
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »

You Democrats would be saying the same thing about a Republican "rising star" who fell just short in  one election, and decided to come back in the next. So don't give me that.

I mean, we Demcorats (even me, who was an independent until very recently and who's relatively moderate) don't claim to be centrists who just want the political discourse to improve Tongue
This, the thing we have objectively superior policies to those of pubs. The being more polite and reasonable helps our case too, though.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »

Interacting with Atlas Democrats has pushed me further to the right. There is no point in reasoning with the vast majority of them at this point.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2018, 05:57:04 PM »

Interacting with Atlas Democrats has pushed me further to the right. There is no point in reasoning with the vast majority of them at this point.
This is so stupid. If you have moved to the right after further thinking about the policies, so be it. But don't tell me your position on Taxes or abortion has changed due to discourse. You also just have to face the fact that this is becoming more and more of a democratic forum, if that bothers you.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2018, 06:13:14 PM »

I'm honestly not sure who else there is to run other than Stacey Abrams. The Democratic bench isn't all that deep in Georgia. Some state legislator or Lucy McBath? The Democratic nomination is likely Stacey's if she wants it. I don't think running for Governor again in 2022 would be the best idea, unless Kemp is unpopular. At least when it comes to the Senate she'd be running for an office different than the won she lost the race for this year.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2018, 06:41:57 PM »

Wow, Atlas Democrats made you more pro-life, pro-gun, anti-immigration and anti-regulations? Great success! Atlas Democrats as a group must be given the Presidential Medal of Freedom by (y)our dear President!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies