The most SHOCKING Clinton county in 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:25:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  The most SHOCKING Clinton county in 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The most SHOCKING Clinton county in 2016  (Read 7242 times)
Arbitrage1980
« on: March 06, 2019, 05:19:53 PM »

Definitely Cobb, GA, Not long ago it was always in the news for racism and homophobia.

I grew up in Gwinnett County and was shocked when Hillary won it in 2016. In 2004 (which wasn't that long ago), W Bush won it by 33 points against Kerry. I remember coming home from school that Thanksgiving, and every other car and House had Bush-Cheney stickers and yard signs. When I came  home in 2016, I saw like 1 or 2 Trump-Pence stickers/yard signs. The county is now majority non-white, which is also shocking.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 10:41:54 PM »

Cobb County, Georgia. Gwinnett flipping was predicted widely. Cobb was mostly thought to be a cycle or two away.

Cobb was a shock, Gwinnett was seen as more realistic but Cobb was always thought of as this wealthy preppy white suburb that would flip unless minorities were 40%+ of the population OR a very 1990s bill clinton centrist type candidate came along.

Even Bill Clinton 96 lost Cobb and Gwinnett by double digits. Hillary was the first Democrat to win those counties since Carter 1976. In 1980, they rejected Carter for Reagan! And they fueled the huge upset win of Republican Mack Mattingly in the Senate race against Democrat segregatinonist Herman Tallmadge in that same election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies