Can/how does a Republican win Delaware? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:21:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Can/how does a Republican win Delaware? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can/how does a Republican win Delaware?  (Read 1838 times)
NCJeff
Rookie

« on: January 04, 2019, 01:36:23 AM »

I'm sorry, how is DE trending R in any way, shape, or form?

The worst performance was arguably the Prez, and that was probably more of a Hillary problem than anything else. Rochester won by 15% in 2016. She nearly won by 30% in 2018 (House race). Not to mention Carper winning by 22% in the Senate race.

2018 Senate - D 60% - R 38%
2018 House at Large - D 64.5% - R 35.5%

2016 Prez - D 53% - R 42%
2016 Gov - D 58% - R 39%
2016 House at Large - D 56% - R 41%
Sussex county is growing at a rapid rate and is the most republican county in the state. And the black population is declining and it is becoming more white, unlike most areas of the U.S. Then again, Kent is becoming less white, but I still think Dems have hit their max in Delaware. Won't voter D in 2020 or 2024 but it's so small and since R's do well in less populated states, I can't see why GOP wouldn't try here in 2028 or later

Yes, but New Castle County's whites aren't that Republican. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of suburban Wilmington is like Chester County, PA, fairly wealthy and trending Democratic. And it's smack dab in the middle of the Boston-DC corridor so growth isn't out of the question. I don't see Delaware becoming even remotely swingy anytime soon.

This.  The mid-Atlantic corridor is heavily urban/suburban and that isn't going to change.  Regardless of the racial breakdown, this region is going to stay heavily dem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies