Senate run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:15:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Senate run  (Read 2235 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

So you have no beliefs at all?
Amazing.

Another cunning attempt at manipulation.  I do not believe I've ever said I don't have beliefs, in fact I just said I did.  It's sad that you have to immediately reduce this to a personal race when it is clearly a race of issues.
You attacked me first.
And saying you do have beliefs out of one side of your mouth while trying to convince the progressive voters of D1 that you will suspend those beliefs out of the other is disingenuous at best.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005, 05:43:52 PM »

I also find it interesting that you seem to suggest that you will not put your political beliefs aside?  How is this at all progressive, if you will simply change the laws to push your own political beliefs on the district?  You seem to think interparty goals are not as important as maintaining a good relationship with only your party, as you simply expected the ILP to endorse you on political beliefs alone.
I never said i would compromise my beliefs.
But if it makes you feel better to put words in my mouth go ahead.
Of course they should endorse me because i'm closest to them ideologicaly, that's the point.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005, 05:49:33 PM »

TexasGurl has had prior experience in fantasy politics. I personally wouldn't be so quick to diss her supposed lack of participation in the reform movement.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 05:51:20 PM »

I also find it interesting that you seem to suggest that you will not put your political beliefs aside?  How is this at all progressive, if you will simply change the laws to push your own political beliefs on the district?  You seem to think interparty goals are not as important as maintaining a good relationship with only your party, as you simply expected the ILP to endorse you on political beliefs alone.
Of course they should endorse me because i'm closest to them ideologicaly, that's the point.

That's my point, I said that you wouldn't.  So looking for ways to make this personal.  Yet again, political views aren't important in the goals of voting reform and eliminating corruption.  Of course you would know that if you knew that those things are more important to the people of this district than your party.
I have no party.
If i proved anything in the senate is was exactly the opposite of what you are saying.
you should do some resaerch.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2005, 05:54:36 PM »

That's my point, I said that you wouldn't.  So looking for ways to make this personal.  Yet again, political views aren't important in the goals of voting reform and eliminating corruption.  Of course you would know that if you knew that those things are more important to the people of this district than your party.
I have no party.
If i proved anything in the senate is was exactly the opposite of what you are saying.
you should do some resaerch.

I do not understand what you are trying to say in that post.
What I can say is that research is not required to know that I will bring what this district needs, and you will bring what it has always had.
And i'm the one making no sense...........
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2005, 06:05:42 PM »

I’ll tell you what, I’m going to go ahead and take the high road out of this nonsense and stop these empty personal attacks.  If you wish to hopelessly engage our opponents in incessant personal bashing for lack of views on actual issues, be my guest, but I am going to focus on what is important.
Well you shouldn't have attacked me to begin with in my thread.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2005, 06:12:37 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2005, 06:14:41 PM by Shoeless Everett »

To be honest, I'm none too impressed with FezzyFestoon after reading through that exchange.

BTW TexasGurl, and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to, what is your opinion of your other opponent Ben Meyers (assuming he doesn't drop out of the race)?
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2005, 06:14:14 PM »

To be honest, I'm none too impressed with FezzyFestoon after reading through that exchange.

Whay is that?
Is there a need to attack people in their own thread over political differences?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2005, 06:36:36 PM »

BTW TexasGurl, and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to, what is your opinion of your other opponent Ben Meyers (assuming he doesn't drop out of the race)?
I like Ben and he would be a good senator at some point in the future.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2005, 07:34:33 PM »

When is the election?
sofa?
gov?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2005, 06:51:18 PM »

Anyone who has watched me operate in the senate knows full well that i always have and always will do what is right not what is popular.
President elect Joe Republic needs all of the help he can get in the senate not just a rubber stamp for the right wing of Atlasia.

Even though I disagree with much of what she posts, in my opinion, this is the best reason to vote for TexasGurl.

I want someone who represents my views, but I don't want someone who doesn't stand up for what THEY believe in.  If they say they believe it, and I can buy into their ideas enough to vote for them, then I want them to stand up for those ideas, no matter how unpopular.

Not rubber stamping also means not opposing something simply because of who the person is who came up with the idea.  We have too much of that today in politics.
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2005, 06:58:06 PM »

I like Ben and he would be a good senator at some point in the future.

Thank you TexasGurl, same to you. Smiley

Also, just a tip Fezzy, you spelled endorsed wrong in your sig - you spelled it "endorced".  Just a heads up Smiley
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2005, 07:04:53 PM »

Not rubber stamping also means not opposing something simply because of who the person is who came up with the idea.  We have too much of that today in politics.

I do not wish to wade into this race, as it is none of my business, but I would just like to state that I have been impressed with the 9th Senate's not breaking down into predictable voting blocks.  In general, I think petty politics has been kept to a minimum.  I'd like to give most of the current Senators credit for being reasonable and easy to work with.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2005, 07:16:41 PM »

I do not wish to wade into this race, as it is none of my business,

Well, I'm not a voting member so it is none of mine either, but I still thought it was worth pointing out.  It's an honorable position she is taking.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2005, 07:19:26 PM »

I do not wish to wade into this race, as it is none of my business,
Well, I'm not a voting member so it is none of mine either, but I still thought it was worth pointing out.  It's an honorable position she is taking.

Oh, I wasn't responding directly to you.  Your statement just made me think of something else semi-related, that's all.
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2005, 07:46:22 PM »

Also, just a tip Fezzy, you spelled endorsed wrong in your sig - you spelled it "endorced".  Just a heads up Smiley

Goodness gracious me!  Thank you Ben.

No problema, mi amigo. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies