Midwest Senatorial Runoff Canceled
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:05:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Midwest Senatorial Runoff Canceled
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Midwest Senatorial Runoff Canceled  (Read 1335 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 07:46:59 PM »

Blaaah, I lost a reply I was writing for no apparent reason except that my login mysteriously disappeared.

Anyway, Dubya, Reply #2 says that a new election was scheduled for next week.

I suppose Joe Republic makes a valid point, but I'm still leery of allowing it :S

Note that if West Atlasia does become a bona fide simulation of its own, and it 'returns to the fold' here, so to speak, then I'll of course acknowledge their registrations Smiley
WiseGuy

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 07:52:41 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2005, 07:54:50 PM by Ron Dubya »

Note that if West Atlasia does become a bona fide simulation of its own, and it 'returns to the fold' here, so to speak, then I'll of course acknowledge their registrations Smiley

What do you mean returns to the fold?  If it becomes a separate micronation, it wouldn't be a part of Atlasia (although some of the members might decide to participate in both, just like DanielX and me.)

I'm sorry for accusing you of political gerrymandering, but I still think DanielX's registration should be valid, and President Emsworth already said he agreed (and so did soon-to-be President Joe Republic.)
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 07:54:06 PM »

Blaaah, I lost a reply I was writing for no apparent reason except that my login mysteriously disappeared.

Anyway, Dubya, Reply #2 says that a new election was scheduled for next week.

I suppose Joe Republic makes a valid point, but I'm still leery of allowing it :S

It is:

The Republic of West Atlasia

Of course, there are only 5 members and the Constitution has yet to be agreed upon... and there might be a move. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 08:10:07 PM »

It is:

Of course, there are only 5 members and the Constitution has yet to be agreed upon... and there might be a move. 

Houston, they have a website.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2005, 08:53:57 PM »

Clarification: West Atlasia does have its own forum, off-site, but as of yet I don't think everyone here has disavowed rebellion from Atlasia.  If they did say something like "It's overrrrrrrrr..." here (regardless of what is done on the off-site forum), then they would no longer be in rebellion.

Does that make any sense?  :S
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2005, 08:58:18 PM »

I’m staying in the rebellion until some good reform is passed in the Senate.

P.S.  ILV, I think you’ll like our sim.  I pretty sure it’s going to be a RL RPG with a political sim.  It will also have much more of a friendlier atmosphere.  Sounds like your kinda place! Cheesy

P.P.S. If don’t want to join, I completely understand Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2005, 08:59:57 PM »

CheeseWhiz, you could run for Senate in the run-off, win, and help pass some of the reform.  That would actually get things done.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2005, 09:15:43 PM »

It is:

Houston, they have a website.

The Daily Planet is already trying to get an interview with their leadership, who is presently in the middle of the Colorado wilderness.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2005, 10:30:55 PM »

CheeseWhiz, you could run for Senate in the run-off, win, and help pass some of the reform.  That would actually get things done.

No, I’m not the person you need right now.  Over the course of the election, and the controversy afterwards, I’ve become pretty disinterested in Fantasy Politics; I doubt I’d make a good senator at this point.  I don’t think I could propose as much, or debate on as much as DanielX could.  DanielX wants reform as much as I do; he was even part of the discussion to secede.  He was great ideas, and he will be a good ally if I decide to run for PBrunsel’s seat.  So, I’d like to make it official:

I endorse DanielX for Senate!

P.S. I again disown my brother for even thinking that ILV would do something like that.  Shame on you! Angry
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2005, 03:23:34 AM »

I'd say the runoff should be held as usual. If the winner doesn't then take his seat, it's vacant. (IIRC only those who were in the Midwest for the General Election are allowed to vote, right?)
WiseGuy

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2005, 06:15:39 AM »

P.S. I again disown my brother for even thinking that ILV would do something like that.  Shame on you! Angry

Well, at the time I didn't understand why he wasn't recognizing his registration, because the President had already said he should, and the reasons seemed (and still do) pretty superficial.  I knew that he knew that President Emsworth had said that the Rebels who came back would retain voting rights and the right to run for office.  I just was trying to figure out why he was doing it.  I like ILV too, but he was puzzling me as to why he would discount a registration that me, the President, Joe, Gabu, and you said should be counted.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2005, 06:46:21 AM »

Well, at the time I didn't understand why he wasn't recognizing his registration, because the President had already said he should, and the reasons seemed (and still do) pretty superficial.  I knew that he knew that President Emsworth had said that the Rebels who came back would retain voting rights and the right to run for office.  I just was trying to figure out why he was doing it.  I like ILV too, but he was puzzling me as to why he would discount a registration that me, the President, Joe, Gabu, and you said should be counted.

Because I was told that I should make decisions less more decisively, with less care for what the public (which is who had responded before my first post here) says?  (which is rather amusing, because I made that decision based on what the public thought Wink)
WiseGuy

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2005, 07:19:10 AM »

Because I was told that I should make decisions less more decisively, with less care for what the public (which is who had responded before my first post here) says?  (which is rather amusing, because I made that decision based on what the public thought Wink)

But dosen't Presidential policy overrule your decisions?  If so why would you make a decision that was contrary to the President's decision that the rebels who came back would have voting rights?  Did you not think it applied because he registered in Atlasia and West Atlasia?  I'm not trying to interrogate you or anything, just trying to understand.  Also, is he a valid candidate for the new election that we're gonna hold?  He declared his candidacy in the candidate declaration thread yesterday.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2005, 01:24:11 PM »

As usual, you can't read. 

Although I said decisive decisions (lol) should be made in election running, that does not mean making decisive decisions that ignore the law, which is what you're doing does.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2005, 10:04:25 PM »

But dosen't Presidential policy overrule your decisions?  If so why would you make a decision that was contrary to the President's decision that the rebels who came back would have voting rights?  Did you not think it applied because he registered in Atlasia and West Atlasia?  I'm not trying to interrogate you or anything, just trying to understand.  Also, is he a valid candidate for the new election that we're gonna hold?  He declared his candidacy in the candidate declaration thread yesterday.

I didn't make the decision after he made his decision, I made my decision before his decision Tongue

As usual, you can't read. 

Although I said decisive decisions (lol) should be made in election running, that does not mean making decisive decisions that ignore the law, which is what you're doing does.

There are no laws covering rebellion Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies