Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:46:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)
« previous next »
Thread note

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 74
Author Topic: Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)  (Read 167879 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2018, 05:41:16 PM »

I'd just like to add here that this is a fairly good example of why voter fraud on a mass scale is practically non-existent: people are too stupid and too reckless, and with the highly-connected world we live in, there are too many people watching and too much detailed data to watch. On top of that, the electorate is too big, so you'd have to somehow be ready to turn in as many of thousands and thousands of votes to guarantee a flip. There are just too many moving parts, too many ways to screw up, too many ways to fall short, and too many interactions with real people that end up leaving a trail of evidence.

In this case, yes, they didn't get caught until after the election, but that might not matter in the end. Based on what we're seeing, I think he only way to swing this election illegally without getting caught would take a lot more sophistication and effort than we're seeing here.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2018, 05:53:52 PM »

This also shows how useless voter ID laws are since they do nothing to prevent absentee ballot fraud,  which is where the vast majority of voter fraud (The little of it there is) occurs.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2018, 06:13:29 PM »

Well, this is interesting:

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2018, 06:23:09 PM »

If this was a Democrat, Trump would be tweeting it nonstop, turning it into a major story and serving as the justification for every Republican voter suppression tactic in the country. But since it's a Republican, crickets.
UncleSam

« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2018, 06:24:09 PM »

This also shows how useless voter ID laws are since they do nothing to prevent absentee ballot fraud,  which is where the vast majority of voter fraud (The little of it there is) occurs.
It’s where the vast majority of prosecuted* voter fraud is.

Neither you nor any other living soul has any idea how many non-citizens vote in California. Again, no one has ANY idea - I’m not saying it definitely happens because I don’t know, but I also know that you don’t know it doesn’t happen because there would be no way of knowing.

The point of voter ID laws is to know for sure who votes in our elections. The point against them is because Dems know that in as much as we don’t know, whoever is sliding through the cracks is likely voting for their candidates by large margins.

When you offer driver’s licenses to anyone and then only require a deiver’s license to vote, it is not unreasonable for an outsider to think that maybe the state doesn’t care about non-citizens voting. Look up the laws and requirements in California if you don’t believe me.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2018, 06:24:23 PM »

Save this name:

Leslie McCrae Dowless
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2018, 06:33:27 PM »

When you offer driver’s licenses to anyone and then only require a deiver’s license to vote, it is not unreasonable for an outsider to think that maybe the state doesn’t care about non-citizens voting. Look up the laws and requirements in California if you don’t believe me.

California drives licenses for undocumented immigrants aren't the same as for citizens.

Junior Chimp

« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2018, 06:35:48 PM »

Democrats are trying to steal another Congressional Race. They always do.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2018, 06:41:42 PM »

yep. the nonpartisan election(with 4-5 pubs on it) board that voted unanimously to do an investigation is trying to steal this race for dems.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2018, 06:43:23 PM »

THE FRAUD CAME FROM THE REPUBLICAN!
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2018, 06:46:11 PM »

Thread.

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2018, 07:17:36 PM »

*plonk*
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #212 on: December 03, 2018, 07:23:07 PM »

Blah blah blah. I know you're reading this thread and understand what's happening in NC-9. As FLOTUS would say, when you're tempted to post things like this, remember to be best instead.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: December 03, 2018, 07:24:30 PM »

*plonk*

I don't think he's read any of what is going on. He probably just waved it off as a "nothingburger" since it doesn't benefit his party. I don't really see how any objective person could deny what is going on here. It's not like the 99% of other cases where Republicans cry wolf yet have zero evidence of any wrongdoing. In this case, there is copious amounts of evidence.
President Phil Scott
marco.rem451

« Reply #214 on: December 03, 2018, 07:28:14 PM »

yep. the nonpartisan election(with 4-5 pubs on it) board that voted unanimously to do an investigation is trying to steal this race for dems.

Un related, but what's that Ernst map in your sig?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #215 on: December 03, 2018, 07:31:36 PM »

her 2020 map.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #216 on: December 03, 2018, 07:34:40 PM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #217 on: December 03, 2018, 08:04:43 PM »

While I don’t agree with your characterizations, since people like you only care about voter fraud investigations when democrats are the suspects, I still think the board should certify the race.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2018, 08:06:35 PM »

yeah as someone who was a bit skeptical of the claims at first but said fine let them be investigated I am now all but certain that there was fraud. Now the investigation is either if Harris had direct knowledge or if the fraud affected the margin.
President Phil Scott
marco.rem451

« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2018, 08:07:57 PM »

So what's happened while i was mandated to be gone and took a little bit of a rest here? Haven't caught up on all the news yet. Any conclusive evidence of fraid, un the meantime?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2018, 08:11:03 PM »

Also IMO  Cooper should have appointed one of the GOP members as head of the board while the replacement is still a dem.
It seems the GOP members are fairly bipartisan and willing to work so he could picked one of the two.
By replacing a contraversial dem with another dem the optics aren't great.
President Phil Scott
marco.rem451

« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2018, 08:16:05 PM »

her 2020 map.

Wouldn't have guess you were a fan!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2018, 08:17:32 PM »

Also IMO  Cooper should have appointed one of the GOP members as head of the board while the replacement is still a dem.
It seems the GOP members are fairly bipartisan and willing to work so he could picked one of the two.

They are working together for now, but this is North Carolina. That could easily change, especially given that there is a House seat at stake. The NCGOP has built up a solid reputation as totally untrustworthy and consumed by greed and a lust for power, so they should never be given the benefit of the doubt. Now, if we were in another state, perhaps you're right, sure.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2018, 08:19:15 PM »

They are working together for now, but this is North Carolina. That could easily change, especially given that there is a House seat at stake. The NCGOP has built up a solid reputation as totally untrustworthy and consumed by greed and a lust for power, so they should never be given the benefit of the doubt. Now, if we were in another state, perhaps you're right, sure.

I mean the optics would clearly look much better. Or atleast the indie should have been appointed the head. It really isn't good to make the head the head a dem again IMO.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2018, 08:20:50 PM »

While I don’t agree with your characterizations, since people like you only care about voter fraud investigations when democrats are the suspects, I still think the board should certify the race.

How can you possibly be for certifying the race at this point, given all the information that's come out in the last few days?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies