Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:57:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)
« previous next »
Thread note

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74
Author Topic: Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)  (Read 167906 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2018, 04:09:41 PM »

I don't believe that actually happened.

This is a parody account, right?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2018, 07:29:57 PM »

It’s astonishing how much mental gymnastics people will do to convince themselves that the majority of the public is on the same side as them
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2018, 07:49:17 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2018, 08:30:22 PM »

More info from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Link to Michael Bitzer's detailed analysis
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2018, 08:41:23 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2018, 09:09:37 PM »

Can the democrats please stop trying to steal elections?
It's a bipartisan board voting unanimously. If it was a 5 to 4 decision I would be outraged too but a unanimous decision suggests maybe there is a problem

You're talking to an ignorant hack who until recently had a Hitler quote in his signature.

Honestly, the only worst hacks on this forum who exercise even worse judgement... Would be of course the moderators who let him stay after he did so.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2018, 09:11:43 PM »

And the people of the 9th chose Harris.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2018, 09:12:01 PM »

The NCGOP further proving how evil they are.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2018, 09:23:09 PM »

That has not yet been officially established, and your repeated assertions will not make it so.  If the BoE upholds Harris's election, then feel free to gloat at that point; but unless and until that happens, will you PLEASE knock it off?  You have enough of value to say on other topics that I would regret putting you on Ignore, but I'm about 1 millimeter from it at this point.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2018, 09:34:39 PM »

That has not yet been officially established, and your repeated assertions will not make it so.  If the BoE upholds Harris's election, then feel free to gloat at that point; but unless and until that happens, will you PLEASE knock it off?  You have enough of value to say on other topics that I would regret putting you on Ignore, but I'm about 1 millimeter from it at this point.

Why do people even reply to Bagel
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2018, 09:35:41 PM »

I mean, this is one of those cases where, if allegations turn out to be sufficiently established to order a new election (which would seem to be the only reasonable remedy at this point), somebody better go to prison. Because the allegations are those of very serious electoral fraud, and it will not be sufficient to leave them underinvestigated. I mean, I generally agree that only very serious and proven misconduct should be grounds for annulling electoral results at this stage.  The allegations, clearly, raise to the former standard - but I want to see them proven in court.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2018, 10:09:18 PM »

I mean, this is one of those cases where, if allegations turn out to be sufficiently established to order a new election (which would seem to be the only reasonable remedy at this point), somebody better go to prison. Because the allegations are those of very serious electoral fraud, and it will not be sufficient to leave them underinvestigated. I mean, I generally agree that only very serious and proven misconduct should be grounds for annulling electoral results at this stage.  The allegations, clearly, raise to the former standard - but I want to see them proven in court.

Those tweets indicate that a woman is already being identified in photographs. So yeah they got a suspect. Of course she's probably just small time and should plead to turn in the real villains.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2018, 10:44:27 PM »

Somebody is going to be brought up on felony charges because what is stated in those affidavits is serious. After all the bogus Republican claims of fraud in California it's almost funny that an actual case of fraud seems to have been orchestrated by a Republican. Now when Republicans claim fraud Democrats have the receipts.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2018, 10:49:39 PM »

Those tweets indicate that a woman is already being identified in photographs. So yeah they got a suspect. Of course she's probably just small time and should plead to turn in the real villains.

Knowing how the last few years have gone, it will eventually come out that every senior Republican official in the country and their mother has met with this woman at some point or another, that she has received secret payments for thousands of dollars, and had a backdoor liaison at the Russian Embassy.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2018, 10:59:16 PM »

Lets wait before calling it GOP voter fraud. It does seem to look like it but can we all just wait?
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2018, 11:08:46 PM »

Given that is sounds like the alleged fraud may have targeted both the incumbent Republican and the Democratic challenger, this may be a highly unusual circumstance (at least in this political environment) where we actually see a reasonably bipartisan investigation.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2018, 11:15:08 PM »

Are there enough votes in the precincts where the results look fudged that McCready could have won the election?

That's a very good question, and unfortunately NC is not as transparent in posting precinct level election results at a Statewide level.

In my opinion (and I know I'm biased), NC has some of the easiest accessed voter information there is. It might be a little slow to certify but it is incredibly easy to access with an interactive map. You are correct in saying that occasionally they do not split the early vote into the precincts, but I have it on very good authority that they will for this election (they did so in the primary as well).

https://er.ncsbe.gov/contest_details.html?election_dt=11/06/2018&county_id=9&contest_id=1183*

*As of right now, the absentee, one stop, and provisional ballots have yet to be broken down by precinct, however, they should be at some point in the future.

Also, it's easy to pull the registered voter list as well as the 2018 general voter file from the state's SOS page. I can't find it off hand, but if that's something y'all would like to look at I can put in some time pulling out information on Bladen County.

Thanks for the update, since honestly I've had extreme difficulty trying to track down a comprehensive NC Statewide Site that allows visibility to precinct level data in all parts of the State....

Gave you credit on the following thread where I've been trying to make precinct level data more accessible to both Atlas members and non-registered visitors to the Site....

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=307483.msg6549215#msg6549215
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2018, 11:20:56 PM »

This is disgusting.

Lock these Bladen GOP fraudsters up ... for years.

Invalidate the election and call a new one.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2018, 11:40:57 PM »

Knowing how the last few years have gone, it will eventually come out that every senior Republican official in the country and their mother has met with this woman at some point or another, that she has received secret payments for thousands of dollars, and had a backdoor liaison at the Russian Embassy.

It's gonna turn out to be this lady.

Or maybe this one.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2018, 12:57:30 AM »

Why do people even reply to Bagel

Seriously, the guy is either trolling or has reading comprehension issues.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2018, 01:30:11 AM »

Fine, fine. I will be back here to remind you once Harris has a 100% chance of winning (it's like 99% if not more now).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2018, 06:59:57 AM »

Yeah, I don't want to go too far down a rabbit hole but this does look SUPER suspect. There's no way every single county moved *somewhat* to the Dems, yet that one county did not move an inch.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2018, 07:44:10 AM »

Yeah. Someone should be getting soap on a rope for Christmas  . The NC GOP are such crooks!
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2018, 07:58:46 AM »

These disingenuous posts, with their repetition, are crossing the line into trolling. I suggest you reconsider.

If people see trolling behavior on these threads, please report to the mods.
UncleSam

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2018, 11:03:22 AM »

These disingenuous posts, with their repetition, are crossing the line into trolling. I suggest you reconsider.

If people see trolling behavior on these threads, please report to the mods.
Since when is stating a fact trolling. Even if you invalidate every single absentee ballot from Bladen County Harris still wins. The people of the ninth clearly chose Harris lol, that’s not trolling.

Of course, this should still be investigated and if someone committed fraud they should be thrown in jail. But the county is just too small to have had an impact on this race’s outcome.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies