Mia Love: Trump has no real relationships, only convenient transactions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:45:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mia Love: Trump has no real relationships, only convenient transactions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mia Love: Trump has no real relationships, only convenient transactions  (Read 3045 times)
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2018, 01:02:51 PM »

... As you hate Christians, and have bigoted attitudes toward them ...

LOL.
The man constantly uses his Evangelical religion for bigotry against the LGBT community and people of color, and he is going to call others out for having "bigoted attitudes?"
Wow, talk about "hypocrisy."
Trump isn't Evangelical..........................................
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 01:12:25 PM »

If I were Mia Love and wanted to keep my future in politics intact, I'd have kept my mouth shut on these issues.  Nothing but thanks for all concerned.

There was once a cartoon showing a young kid as a campaign volunteer at a victorious campaign.  The caption read:  "Nice work, kid!  Now, get lost!".  Is anyone really shocked about the "transactional" nature of politics Mia Love talks about?  Is Trump really so different on this?

In my late teens and early 20s, I was a member of my county's Democratic Committee and extremely active, and Mia Love's description best describes political relationships.  Every man/woman for themselves.  People are shocked when someone doesn't keep the false front up as well as they are expected to, but all political relationships are transactional.  Mia Love's a grownup now; way past junior high.  She ought to realize who her BFFs really are in life.

Love doesn’t appear to be commenting on Trump’s personality during his past 3 years as a politician, but rather his 72 years as a human being.  That’s a bit of a difference.
Thank you Joe for cutting through the moldy fuzzy bearsh**t and getting to the point.  Preachy Parson Fuzzybear loves to cling onto an irrelevant or incomplete portion of the point being made and then bloviate ad nauseum.  He does this in nearly every argument he makes.
  This is called ignoratio elenchi or “irrelevant conclusion” in which the person makes what may or may not be logically valid or sound argument, but whose conclusion misses the point of the issue in question.

It doesn’t help that most liberal Atlas posters are terrible at debating or arguing and never call people out when they use these fallacies in debate.  (Almost certainly not knowingly in Fuzzybear’s case)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 01:17:29 PM »

LOL.
The man constantly uses his Evangelical religion for bigotry against the LGBT community and people of color, and he is going to call others out for having "bigoted attitudes?"

I think he talks about Fuzzy.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 01:20:19 PM »

LOL.

Yes.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »

LOL.

Yes.
Apologies
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 04:35:04 PM »

Well that's just politics, especially GOP in general.

The next winner in 2028 or whatever will probably castigate Trump as Trump did Bush Jr and the next Majority Leader will pretend like none of this happened.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 05:56:04 PM »

Good riddance to Mia Love!

#ByeFelicia
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2018, 07:23:13 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2018, 09:32:45 AM by RussFeingoldWasRobbedk »

She's so full of it. She was very extremist and hates poor people and voted to cut as many services as she possibly could. She only looks sane now because we have an obnoxious nutcase immature buffoon as a president. See ya Mia!
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2018, 08:57:12 PM »

LOL.

And Badger wants me to drop my attacks on you.  Be the better man.

Gonna be hard.  Dropping my attacks, that is.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2018, 09:04:21 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2018, 09:08:29 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

As you hate Christians, and have bigoted attitudes toward them

It's very strange how so many white Christians (particularly evangelicals) have developed such a strong persecution complex, despite being massively overrepresented in the ruling class of this country. I'm sure it has something to do with muh economic anxiety.

I don't have a "persecution complex".  But I know when there are one set of rules for me and another set for the rest of the crowd, and I don't mind pointing it out.

No one here attacked ProudModerate2 when he suggested that I was making it up when I discussed here the fact that one of my grandchildren died in an abortion.  Why was that?  Yet I suggest that Trump's transactional politics are rather normal, etc, and the usual suspects are all ganging up on me.  I mean, it's not ruining my day or anything like that, but I do feel a need to point that out, as well.

Just don't give me the "Love Trumps Hate" garbage.  There are folks here that show me otherwise.  Love Trumps Hate only with the God that IS Love.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2018, 10:28:08 PM »

LOL.

Hey, keep fighting the good fight for civility on Atlas.  In the meantime, I reported ProudModerate2's personal attack, so hopefully the mods will do something about him (for once).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2018, 10:39:58 PM »

If I were Mia Love and wanted to keep my future in politics intact, I'd have kept my mouth shut on these issues.  Nothing but thanks for all concerned.

There was once a cartoon showing a young kid as a campaign volunteer at a victorious campaign.  The caption read:  "Nice work, kid!  Now, get lost!".  Is anyone really shocked about the "transactional" nature of politics Mia Love talks about?  Is Trump really so different on this?

In my late teens and early 20s, I was a member of my county's Democratic Committee and extremely active, and Mia Love's description best describes political relationships.  Every man/woman for themselves.  People are shocked when someone doesn't keep the false front up as well as they are expected to, but all political relationships are transactional.  Mia Love's a grownup now; way past junior high.  She ought to realize who her BFFs really are in life.

Love doesn’t appear to be commenting on Trump’s personality during his past 3 years as a politician, but rather his 72 years as a human being.  That’s a bit of a difference.

Thank you Joe for cutting through the moldy fuzzy bearsh**t and getting to the point.  Preachy Parson Fuzzybear loves to cling onto an irrelevant or incomplete portion of the point being made and then bloviate ad nauseum.  He does this in nearly every argument he makes.

This is called ignoratio elenchi or “irrelevant conclusion” in which the person makes what may or may not be logically valid or sound argument, but whose conclusion misses the point of the issue in question.

It doesn’t help that most liberal Atlas posters are terrible at debating or arguing and never call people out when they use these fallacies in debate.  (Almost certainly not knowingly in Fuzzybear’s case)

Oh, there have been a number of people here in Atlas who have "called him out" when he uses his "wishy-washy" responses and other "fallacies" as you have described.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2018, 03:00:30 AM »

LOL.

If you want to be a better man, stop supporting Trump.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2018, 06:24:16 AM »

I don't want the above to evolve into an ongoing flame war. Cut it out please.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2018, 03:45:43 PM »

I don't want the above to evolve into an ongoing flame war. Cut it out please.

I'm willing to lock the thread...
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2018, 08:10:32 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies