Trump Administration takes Transgendered troops to Supreme Court
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:14:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Administration takes Transgendered troops to Supreme Court
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Administration takes Transgendered troops to Supreme Court  (Read 1101 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 25, 2018, 02:41:55 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-transgender/trump-takes-bid-to-restrict-transgender-troops-to-supreme-court-idUSKCN1NS292
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Man— with Papadapoulos going to prison, FBI intel getting subpoenaed, and the Trump Foundation under investigation—that man is trying to grasp at any diversion at hand.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 02:52:53 PM »

Congrats Little Donny, for wasting a lot of taxpayer money and ressources to discriminate against a minority who wants to serve the armed forces. You're a real winner.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »

Well, we got to keep these rural diner hicks happy.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 03:41:26 PM »

Cue the CNN roundtable. Someone get Van Jones on the job.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 04:40:58 PM »

Cue the CNN roundtable. Someone get Van Jones on the job.

Well, speaking about diners, he did say on CNN he was "scared of breakfast".
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 06:57:17 PM »

Anyone else see the irony here that the same people who for years whine about Americans not being patriotic enough or not wanting to fight for their country, are literally trying to prevent people from doing so just because they don't fit their idea of normal?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 10:51:27 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 08:43:24 AM »

That is both incorrect and lacking context. On election night, he said that parents would be scared of breakfast the next day because they would have to tell their children that Trump won.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 08:48:29 AM »

That is both incorrect and lacking context. On election night, he said that parents would be scared of breakfast the next day because they would have to tell their children that Trump won.

Naso posted something out of context to make a liberal look bad?
First time this happens again.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 10:08:23 AM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 03:19:38 PM »

If it was sarcastic, I don't get the sarasm. I took that the way Landslide Lyndon apparently did (or to be charitable, I thought perhaps you misremembered it) and wanted to correct the quote.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 07:55:04 PM »

Anyone else see the irony here that the same people who for years whine about Americans not being patriotic enough or not wanting to fight for their country, are literally trying to prevent people from doing so just because they don't fit their idea of normal?

That's the actual definition of the word "Republican."
UncleSam

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 07:58:36 PM »

I mean the whole ban idea is silly. Just set a limit as to what medical procedures you’re willing to pay for - no additional cost to taxpayers than is necessary but you don’t discriminate against people who want to serve.

How many transgender people even sign up for the military in the first place? Does anyone have the stats on that?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 12:59:45 AM »

I mean the whole ban idea is silly. Just set a limit as to what medical procedures you’re willing to pay for - no additional cost to taxpayers than is necessary but you don’t discriminate against people who want to serve.

How many transgender people even sign up for the military in the first place? Does anyone have the stats on that?

Why single out transgender people for special rules on medical procedures though? The entire cost of a gender transition is often less than a single cancer treatment.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 02:33:55 AM »

My wife and I were. My wife and I had to explain to our boys that " the rude man" as they began to call him quite on their own since we never discussed politics in front of them. Civics, of course, but never politics.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 03:08:23 AM »

My wife and I were. My wife and I had to explain to our boys that " the rude man" as they began to call him quite on their own since we never discussed politics in front of them. Civics, of course, but never politics.
I teach political science at a danish high school. I had taken wednesday the 9th of november 2016 off, because I knew I would have been up all night to watch the election (because of the time difference, nothing much happens in the US elections until about 1am in Europe). That wednesday was one of the most depressing days of my life. Not as bad as when my mother passed away last year many many years too soon, but not that far off either. My entire belief in humanity and western civilization had been shattered. On thursday I literally gave an unprepared 95 minute monologue to my students about the state of affairs. It was probably darker than Trumps inauguration speech. I'm sure they will never forget that.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 05:36:05 AM »

I teach political science at a danish high school. I had taken wednesday the 9th of november 2016 off, because I knew I would have been up all night to watch the election (because of the time difference, nothing much happens in the US elections until about 1am in Europe). That wednesday was one of the most depressing days of my life. Not as bad as when my mother passed away last year many many years too soon, but not that far off either. My entire belief in humanity and western civilization had been shattered. On thursday I literally gave an unprepared 95 minute monologue to my students about the state of affairs. It was probably darker than Trumps inauguration speech. I'm sure they will never forget that.

Not to sound vulgar, but Naso and the rest of the deplorables are having an orgasm reading posts like yours (owning the libs, etc.).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies