Response to Senator Q's statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:21:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Response to Senator Q's statement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Response to Senator Q's statement  (Read 413 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2005, 05:25:29 PM »

Office of Senator Q
Chairman
Constitutional Union Party of Atlasia National Association
Hermit Memorial Building
Nyman, DC

Senator,

I urge you to reconsider your decision resign as Party chairman.

The fact is that you, and many others within the Constitutional Union Party as it now stands, have some different beliefs from those which I hold dear to my heart.   The platform is still right.  The creed is still right.  But there are vast disagreements on the interpretation of these principles.

As I said to you in our earlier correspondence - you should definately take a tour of the National Civil Rights Museum.  They have a wall of names there, of martyrs for equality.  Men and women like Martin Luther King or Harvey Milk who lived and died fighting against people who think like... well... some of the people you supported.  I don't care how meaningless this forum is in the grand scheme of things - I still cannot betray the names on that wall in any action that I take.

If I am a minority in having these disagreements, then it is my responsibility to leave and not yours.  When I believed the UAC had lost its way, when it was no longer the "progressive conservative" party that I had joined when I first started here, I left.  I didn't try to break up the Party.  I didn't ask anyone else to leave.  I didn't even expect anyone to join me.  But somehow it worked out.

That Party does not belong to me, it belongs to Atlasia.  And if we have drifted apart, then I've accepted that and been willing to move on.  I always believe that the strength of any organization is proven not by what its founder does but instead its ability to recruit new leadership and move forward while continuing to grow and prosper.  Thanks to those who joined after me, the Union Party has passed that test with flying colors.

But for me, personally, it still comes down to morality: social justice, equality, and opportunity for all. 

I greatly appreciate the invitations I have recieved to join other Atlasian Parties, specifically the Christian Democratic Party, but I must decline at this time.  I honor and respect the contributions of Supersoulty and Cosmo Kramer to enhancing the dignity and granting opportunity to those less fortunate here in Atlasia.  We can only hope that some day more Atlasians will join our noble but too often lonely cause.

As long as there is a child in Atlasia who must go to bed hungry for lack of food, our job is incomplete.  As long as there is a person who has been persecuted because of their race, creed, color, or sexual orientation, our job is incomplete.  As long as there are people in the world who suffer and die under oppression and despotism, our job is incomplete.   This is my morality and this is my mission.  I may be of the opinion that your Party has lost its way, but I have only yet begun to find my own.

Sincerely,

Governor Htmldon
former Governor of the Southeastern Region
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 05:31:06 PM »

Men and women like Martin Luther King or Harvey Milk who lived and died fighting against people who think like... well... some of the people you supported. 

You should be dragged behind a pickup truck.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 01:04:17 AM »

Men and women like Martin Luther King or Harvey Milk who lived and died fighting against people who think like... well... some of the people you supported. 

You should be dragged behind a pickup truck.

I think my point has been proven....
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 11:37:07 AM »

Htmldon, as I have told you in private correspondence, I respect your points regarding the importance of human rights, but I believe it hyperbole to suggest that my continued involvement in the party would diminish human rights or even the party's stance thereon.  It was not my intention to create a party of immorality, nor do I believe that such would be the outcome of my leading the party, as I had no intentions to alter the platform or the ideology of the party.  My primary goal would have been to address the administrative and structural problems that have resulted in the reduction of Union-held seats in the Senate by 80% in the last four months.

I know of a few reasons why you oppose me, and those feeling toward me from the party founder make me uncomfortable.  But to criticize me over how I cast my personal ballot in the last election, in my opinion, oversteps reasonable grounds for criticism.

I urge you and all others to rejoin this party, which I am leaving now, and to fashion it as you wish.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 05:30:51 PM »

Once again, I encourage you to re-think your decision and not leave that Party.  If it were a disagreement with you alone, then I would not have left myself.  But it is a disagreement with many of the Party's members who I feel I have little in common with anymore.  That is why it was my responsibility to leave, and not yours.

I honestly would have rather not known about your ballot.  But I do know about it and it simply added fuel to my already growing concerns about your moral compass.  This is not a matter of simple disagreement over the execution of principles, for me this is a fundamental lack of understanding on my part of how you and some others on this forum can believe what you believe.  This is my problem, and not yours - but the only thing I can do is voice my concerns.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies