From the Office of Senator Q
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:40:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  From the Office of Senator Q
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: From the Office of Senator Q  (Read 582 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2005, 04:33:45 PM »
« edited: October 27, 2005, 05:46:24 PM by Senator Q »

I come before you to address recent events in Atlasia as well as my future role in it.

First, as a matter of both politics and principles, I had great plans for the future of the Constitutional Union Party, but I do not wish to be responsible for the permanent dissolution of the organization Htmldon worked so hard to establish and that Sam Spade worked so competently to develop.  Thus I shall resign as chairman of the Party so that my ideas can do no more harm to this organization.  Please do not let my actions dissuade any of you who have left the party from returning at this or any future time.  I remember fondly the welcoming I received upon joining the party, and I hope more Atlasians will experience the same in the future.

Regarding the presidential race, I believe we have seen that voting reform is desperately needed to make the process more straightforward for the voters and the election officials alike.  I would like to wish the President-elect and Vice President-elect the best of luck as they embark on what I hope and expect will be a productive tenure.  I am confident that they will make us proud.

To those voters who expressed their trust in Emsworth and me: thank you.  I sincerely appreciate your support, and I hope you are still certain of your decision.  I have not been active in politics here for very long, and I can still hardly believe the opportunities I have been granted here.  For the kindness so many here have shown me, I shall long be grateful.

Emsworth, it has been my supreme pleasure to run alongside you.  I was truly honored by your decision to choose me as your running mate, and I will always have the greatest respect for you.  You would have made an excellent president, but it was your leadership in declining to drag the nation through a protracted legal battle for the job and also your handling of the various contentious issues that then sprung up that cemented in my mind that my decision to forgo running again for the Senate and instead to run with you was the correct one.  I am sure there will be a place for you in Atlasia again.

To those in the Southeast: It has been my greatest privilege to represent you at the regional and Federal levels these past several months.  I can say that I will miss serving in the Senate, where I feel that each and every vote I cast was with nothing but the best interest of our region and our nation in mind.  It has been a pleasure and an honor to work with the other Senators; the entire experience has been a wholly positive one.

I do not believe that Atlasia is broken, but I do think it could use some revision in its policies.  The next administration, I am sure, will achieve a system that addresses all the current problems while maintaining the positive aspects of the spirit of what those before me worked so hard to build.

Thank you all.

- (Soon-to-be) Citizen Q
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 04:38:36 PM »

Sorry to hear this, Q.

If no one else is really willing or interested to take the reins at this time, I would be willing to rejoin the party and become chairman in order to make sure that it doesn't die the death that many parties in Atlasia have, until someone else comes forward with a new vision and ideas that I was sure Q would have for the party.

At that point, Joe Republic's statement will ring very true, frankly.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 05:49:16 PM »

Thank you for the well wishes, Q.  I'm sorry to hear of your resignation as chairman, too.  Plus, you ran a very good campaign and were an excellent senator.  Smiley

At that point, Joe Republic's statement will ring very true, frankly.

OK I'm curious.  Which statement exactly?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 06:15:10 PM »

God speed! Human rights are an important issue and I hope they remain a priority in for whoever takes over the party.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 10:37:55 PM »

We're proud of your service to us in the Senate, but we need you back in the heart of the Southeast, Q!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 02:40:14 PM »

You were a very good Senator, Q
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 02:05:01 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2005, 02:41:25 PM by Q »

I would like to wish the new Senators, as well as Joe Republic and Defarge, the best as they take their oaths of office tomorrow.

Jake, please continue the Southeast’s tradition of having the strongest and most active Senate representation in the nation.  Senators Ebowed, MasterJedi, and I, I feel it should be noted, were the only Senators with 100% voting records – that is to say, we were the only Senators who actually bothered to read every bill and to participate in the subsequent debate.  It is my hope that the next set of Senators will prove as interested in their constitutional responsibilities.

Please see my reflections above regarding my time in office.  It has been a great experience; thank you to everyone who made it possible.  You have my gratitude.

I am now set to enjoy my retirement and to return full-time to the region that has given me so much.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 08:45:59 AM »

I believe we take office tomorrow, not today.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies