American 'killed in India by endangered Andamans tribe' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:45:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  American 'killed in India by endangered Andamans tribe' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: American 'killed in India by endangered Andamans tribe'  (Read 2930 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: November 21, 2018, 07:09:24 PM »

Surely it's time for the Sentinelese to open their borders and embrace diversity? Come on, it's the current year.
The Sentinelese don’t want to die from whatever unvaccinated illness they could have gotten by the preacher. Plus it seems like they don’t want to engage in society, and they don’t breach any of us in doing so.

In fact, by not entering modern society, they require and take less resources.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2018, 02:08:36 PM by PSOL »

In fact, by not entering modern society, they require and take less resources.

They live in modern society. Their society certainly has its own changing histories, politics, and passions. They are just unknowable to anyone but the Sentinalese.

Our speculations are sadly unproven, though. You are right that we have no proof that their culture is lacking in modernization but their population seem to be in decline (according to the Indian Government, I believe) and that is not a sign of a modern/healthy society.

So, it is hard to tell how sophisicated the internal workings of their culture are. What we do know is that they are weary of outsiders (and have some reason to be so), but they also engage in shocking violence that doesn't belong in an inclusive world.

They don't want to be "helped" by outside societies, either, and we should respect that desire for the sake of the safety of both outsiders and the Sentinelese.

Also, on a weird note, I watched some videos on the Sentinelese and Jarawas earlier this week. Very sad that something happened a few days later Sad
I recant my statement on the Sentinelese not living in “the” modern society. waradawr is right that now, they are living in their modern society, just like the rest of us in ours.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies