AMA - Solid4096/#KavanaughForPrison
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 06:28:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AMA - Solid4096/#KavanaughForPrison
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AMA - Solid4096/#KavanaughForPrison  (Read 1317 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2018, 12:53:36 AM »

Figured I would hop onto the bandwagon.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 01:49:16 AM »

Why are you so partisan?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 01:52:37 AM »

Brah would u ever eat a wasp nest if someone triple dog dared u?
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 02:38:10 AM »

Who’s your congressman?
Favorite Democrat?
Favorite republican?
Favorite senator?
Least favorite Democrat?
Least favorite republican?
Least favorite senator?
Favorite Supreme Court justice both past and present?
Least favorite Supreme Court justice both past and present?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 07:14:46 AM »

How is child support fascist?
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 09:21:08 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2018, 09:25:20 AM by #KavanaughForPrison »

A number of policies (such as taking away health care and heavily restricting immigration) pushed by the Republican Party would result in a huge number of people getting killed if they were to be enacted, some (like refusing to push common sense measures aimed towards curtailing global warming) potentially resulting in the whole entire world ending. Why would anyone expect me not to be so partisan when this is what we are dealing with?

Brah would u ever eat a wasp nest if someone triple dog dared u?
No way.

Note, if I did not answer a question posted here in this post, it is because I do not have time to do so while I am currently making this post. I will get back to those questions later.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 09:25:13 AM »

Solid, will you do us a solid by leaving the forum?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 12:55:08 PM »

TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 12:56:28 PM »

So you'd like to send people to prison for unsubstantiated charges, huh?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 01:09:41 PM »

Why is a person who says a child rapist should receive the death penalty more worthy of receiving the death penalty than the child rapist?
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 01:30:13 PM »

Who’s your congressman?
Favorite Democrat?
Favorite republican?
Favorite senator?
Least favorite Democrat?
Least favorite republican?
Least favorite senator?
Favorite Supreme Court justice both past and present?
Least favorite Supreme Court justice both past and present?

1. Elijah Cummings
2. Elizabeth Warren
3. Lisa Murkowski (this question was basically a question of which Republican I disliked the least, because I dislike all of them)
4. Elizabeth Warren
5. Joe Manchin
6. Tom Cotton
7. Tom Cotton
8. Thurgood Marshall
9. Brett Kavanaugh

Because it forces a specific lifestyle onto random non-consenting individuals. It is immoral to force an unwilling participant to take the responsibilities of parenthood. In addition, the system of child support operates under the assumption that single parenting is an acceptable way to raise a child. The reality is that single parenting is a really bad system that seriously harms children. The child would be much better off if both parents had their rights and responsibilities simultaneously invalidated, and was instead put in a household with 2 loving adoptive parents. I honestly think that parents who are unable to truly love and appreciate their children after thinking they wanted children beforehand are generally honest people who tried their best and had good intentions but ultimately could not do it. I believe that these people end up like this due to lack of ability, and not lack of trying. They should not be punished with child support if they are to be honest and open about the fact that they feel incapable of loving and caring for a child. There are also various circumstances where people might never have consented to the act of having a child in the first place, which can often happen from circumstances outside of a persons own control or knowledge. In any case, people deserve to be respected and forgiven whenever they make the mistake of having an unwanted child, and charging them child support is the exact opposite of that.

Solid, will you do us a solid by leaving the forum?

No way.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 01:47:01 PM »

No I would not. I assume you are talking about Brett Kavanaugh. In his case, we have a lot of evidence, we know that he was not consenting to anything resembling a thorough investigation of the charges against him, we have multiple victims, and we have testimony and records from the victims to substantiate their credibility, one of the victims having testified under oath about the details.

I also do not believe that the victim that recanted was honest about their recantation, it appears that they collapsed under the pressure after receiving numerous death threats.

Why is a person who says a child rapist should receive the death penalty more worthy of receiving the death penalty than the child rapist?

1. I never said that.
2. I am against the death penalty in all cases.
3. If I ever said anything similar to this, it was probably because I was really tired and was not thinking through what I posted, and not because it is my actual belief. If I ever said anything similar to that, I am sorry, and I regret posting it. I believe that child rapists are most certainly worse people than those who advocate for using the death penalty for child rape.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 01:49:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 02:11:01 PM »

No I would not. I assume you are talking about Brett Kavanaugh. In his case, we have a lot of evidence, we know that he was not consenting to anything resembling a thorough investigation of the charges against him, we have multiple victims, and we have testimony and records from the victims to substantiate their credibility, one of the victims having testified under oath about the details.

I also do not believe that the victim that recanted was honest about their recantation, it appears that they collapsed under the pressure after receiving numerous death threats.

Uncorroborated testimony is not sufficient evidence. Of course an innocent man wouldn't want a public investigation that would smear his name, but we got that investigation anyway and it couldn't, in any way, confirm the charges against him. In regards to Dr. Ford, four of the supposed witnesses she mentioned had no recollection of the party ever taking place.

As to your final point, I guess #BelieveWomen until they say something that doesn't back up your view, huh?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 04:49:25 PM »

I think the problem wrt to child support is you're looking at having children as just some other activity, as if it doesn't have a special place in society and the human experience. Parents have a responsibility to the children they bring into this world. Those children didn't have a say in it, and offloading them onto strangers because one doesn't want to bother is horrible and such people should be ashamed of themselves. This isn't a game. That is a child who may grow up constantly wondering why his parents didn't want them. Pretty evil to do that to a child. Not to mention that there aren't unlimited loving parents out there. This is especially true for non-newborns.

Truly absurd Solid. I hope you change your mind one day.

Is it really all about policy though? Are ethics, morals and their general fitness to hold public office not relevant considerations too? Like what if you a Democratic Roy Moore-type situation?

Also the problem with being so partisan even when it comes to playing electoral hardball is you're asking for retribution which may come to haunt you later on. Obviously right now, Republicans are relying more and more on nothing but dirty tricks, but what about when/if the field shifts and Democrats are on top? Is that still an appropriate way to use power?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 05:35:50 PM »

Personally, my biggest problem with child support in its current form is that there is no opt-out for men in the event that there is an unintended pregnancy and the woman wants to keep and raise the child while the father does not.  I believe that there should be an option to forego all parental rights and obligations - prior to the child being born.  To me it just doesn't make sense for the woman to be allowed to terminate her pregnancy while the man has to live with the financial consequences, even if he never wanted to be a father.  I say this as someone who is pro-choice and fundamentally incapable of raising a child myself.

(Not to derail your thread, Solid.)
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 05:41:28 PM »

Is it really all about policy though? Are ethics, morals and their general fitness to hold public office not relevant considerations too? Like what if you a Democratic Roy Moore-type situation?

Also the problem with being so partisan even when it comes to playing electoral hardball is you're asking for retribution which may come to haunt you later on. Obviously right now, Republicans are relying more and more on nothing but dirty tricks, but what about when/if the field shifts and Democrats are on top? Is that still an appropriate way to use power?

1. Policy is the most important aspect because changes in policy mean changes in how people can live their lives. For some people, this is a life and death difference.
2,3. Ethics, morals, etc are a factor in what candidates I support, but not the only factor. To be brutally honest, I would vote for a Democratic candidate in an election who was accused of sexual misconduct on the same level than Roy Moore was if the Democrat shared my views on climate change, while the Republican had the opposite views on climate change.
4,5. Until Republicans are willing to be reasonable when it comes the topic of climate change, Democrats have a moral duty to pull off every dirty power grabbing trick within their abilities to keep as many Republicans out of power as possible.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 05:45:57 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2018, 05:49:22 PM by Virginiá »

@Scott That's a fair point, but there are loopholes or other disadvantages that make this complicated. Religious considerations, or perhaps a guy agreeing to have a child then changing his mind very quickly but the woman can't prove that is what happened, and so on. How is it possible to account for all of this? The religious aspect is particularly troubling to me, because for a woman who literally believes abortion is murder, it gives the man a free pass to get out of his obligations while sticking the woman with everything.

I still lean towards the idea that sex is just by nature a risky activity that could have life-changing consequences. There are tons of ways to try and avoid those consequences and just have fun, but very difficult to try and work out around that and make it risk-free for one or both people. I find it better that everyone just accepts that before doing fun stuff. Or just switch teams and play with pride Smile
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 05:55:29 PM »

Why was South Vietnam the greater of 2 evils?
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 06:01:44 PM »

Why was South Vietnam the greater of 2 evils?

Simple: South Vietnam was engaged in more egregious violations of human rights than North Vietnam was. Both governments clearly engaged in violations of human rights. This is literally the definition of greater of 2 evils.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 06:29:44 PM »

@Scott That's a fair point, but there are loopholes or other disadvantages that make this complicated. Religious considerations, or perhaps a guy agreeing to have a child then changing his mind very quickly but the woman can't prove that is what happened, and so on. How is it possible to account for all of this? The religious aspect is particularly troubling to me, because for a woman who literally believes abortion is murder, it gives the man a free pass to get out of his obligations while sticking the woman with everything.

That is why I think it should be a decision to be made before the child is born, i.e. no changing your mind once you're already a father.  Parenthood shouldn't be like a light switch.  But if the guy produces a written statement during the pregnancy saying that he does not want to be a father, I believe that an opt-out should be acceptable.

And obviously adoption is also an option and while it isn't necessarily optimal, it is a better alternative to having the child be raised by parents who don't love them or are physically/mentally/emotionally incapable of raising them.

Yeah, the only way to completely avoid pregnancy is either abstinence or gay. Tongue  And it's pretty easy to minimize those risks by actually knowing your partner and talking things through before you have sex, as opposed to logging on Tinder and finding a lady/gentleman of the evening...
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 06:45:47 PM »

What's your college major and/or favorite subject in school? 

I also seem to recall a couple programming-related posts of yours:  I was curious what your favorite language was, if you had one.   
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2018, 06:54:38 PM »

I also seem to recall a couple programming-related posts of yours:  I was curious what your favorite language was, if you had one.   

My college major is computer science.
I have no real favorite computer programming language.
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 07:05:30 PM »

Cool.  I'm a senior also studying CS doing interviews right now.   What kind of work are you interested in (machine learning, web development, systems, mobile, etc.)? 
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2018, 07:06:40 PM »

I also seem to recall a couple programming-related posts of yours:  I was curious what your favorite language was, if you had one.  

Cool.  I'm a senior also studying CS doing interviews right now.   What kind of work are you interested in (machine learning, web development, systems, mobile, etc.)?  

Software development
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies