Jason Lewis blames McCain for losing the House.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:19:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jason Lewis blames McCain for losing the House.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jason Lewis blames McCain for losing the House.  (Read 2029 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/republican-rep-jason-lewis-faults-late-sen-john-mccain-for-losing-house/
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So why is Lewis going after McCain and not Murkowski and Collins, both whom have also voted against Obamacare repeal at least once? Is it because McCain is dead and can't fight back? If so, that's very cowardly.
Roblox

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 05:13:37 PM »

"You see, with reports of all the people being kicked off their healthcare and dying, we would've done better I tell you!"

-Republican logic.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 05:22:03 PM »

Lol these people are determined to not learn lessons. They could have very well lost the Senate if their Obamacare repeal bill went through.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 05:23:51 PM »

So why is Lewis going after McCain and not Murkowski and Collins, both whom have also voted against Obamacare repeal at least once? Is it because McCain is dead and can't fight back? If so, that's very cowardly.

Seems to me that's exactly what he's doing.

The funny thing to me is that Republicans still act like they have an alternative for health care. Y'all had plenty of time to pass it, but you don't actually have an alternative because something similar to the ACA is exactly what you wanted until Obama dared to put his weight behind it.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 05:28:28 PM »

Lol these people are determined to not learn lessons. They could have very well lost the Senate if their Obamacare repeal bill went through.

Or it would've been a red wave if they went with Rand Paul's plan. Perspective.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 06:34:15 PM »

Part of me honestly wishes that Republicans went for full repeal of Obamacare, and passed it, because then it would have made the 2018 wave much much more powerful.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »

"You see, with reports of all the people being kicked off their healthcare and dying, we would've done better I tell you!"

-Republican logic.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 07:08:54 PM »

Of course he's targeting McCain, who is dead and cannot fight back. Having victims who can't fight back - and getting upset if their victims do fight back - is a core part of the GOP's MO.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 07:11:13 PM »

Lol
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »

I am so thankful that he lost.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 08:17:16 PM »

This guy was a scumbag.  Adios asshole!
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 08:43:43 PM »

Isn't it ironic that the GOP, who always accuses the Dems of blaming someone else when they lose, are time and again the ones actually doing this
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 08:45:08 PM »

"My failures are everyone's fault but my own" loser mentality right here.
pops
katman46

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: 4.00

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 10:37:10 PM »

This.

Also, Jason Lewis is my Congressman for another two months. I've met him and spoke to him several times. Great guy. He's also 100% right.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 10:39:09 PM »

McCain likely saved the GOP the senate and possibly the presidency in 2020 by making sure we didn't pass that disaster of a healthcare bill.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 01:23:58 AM »

Part of me honestly wishes that Republicans went for full repeal of Obamacare, and passed it, because then it would have made the 2018 wave much much more powerful.

Part of you wishes a bunch of people died so Democrats could win more elections?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 02:54:35 AM »

I mean, there were Trump hacks in '16 who also blamed Obama for the death of Captain Khan in Iraq in 2004. If state senators can be blamed for fallen soldiers, why not blame a dead senator for losing an election. Btw, if repeal succeeded, the GOP may have done even worse.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 03:09:45 AM »

You know it says something about the pathetic nature of Republican capacity for legislating, that for 10 years of running against something, their best strategy for repeal and replace is to pass a bill that repeals the bill at a set date in the future and gives congress two years to "come up with a replacement".

In that sense, John McCain did save the GOP because imagine selling that to voters. "I voted to abolish your pre-existing conditions on the faith that Congress will pass a bill to protect them later". WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS WOULD TRUST CONGRESS TO DO THAT?

Remember the Sequester was never suppose to happen. The threat of defense cuts were suppose to be so scary that people would come together and make a real deal to cut the deficit. Never happened and the sequester triggered.

The idea that congress would come together and find a replacement that even just all Republicans could agree on is laughable. Half of the Republicans, including the Freedom caucus don't want to do anything on health care at all. For a large portion of other Republicans all they want to do is give out some tax credits.

They don't understand that health care is different from other other goods and services. That delayed access means greater expense and thus cutting costs in the short term means higher expenses for Medicare later on down the road. They don't understand that cutting of coverage means, rural hospitals shut down which lowers access to supply and create shortages (and yes waiting lines that are so often threatened in regards to single payer), and thus be extension raises costs for everyone else and raises the cost of Medicare and Medicaid.

Health care policy is being driven by special interests and by political advantage. "OMG we have to pass something else we will have broken our promises" "OMG anything that doesn't gut gov't spending on health care is breaking our promises". Ronald Reagan once said and I paraphrase, "I instituted a policy as Governor and I continue it in this office (President), whereby we never discuss the political implications of any decision, we only discuss the good and bad and proceed with the policy that is best for the American People".

House Republicans lost because have long since squandered any ability to legislate. They couldn't differentiate themselves from Trump because the canard that House Republicans are peddling is the same think thank dog feces that people in even the Republican primary rejected to nominate Trump over Cruz in the first place. It is also the same stuff that is becoming increasing unwanted in its former solid bastions, suburban America, where new voters and younger voters are becoming more and more numerous and they are outvoting the Boomers. They want free college instead of tax cuts, they want free health care instead of deregulation.

If Democrats succeed in getting Medicare for all, it will because of lazy, brain-dead Republican lemmings who like robots are programmed to go up to capital hill, spout the talking points hold the line, knife any dissent in the back as a traitor and advance the agenda of the Koch brothers and other billionaire special interests. This is not conservatism, by any reasonable definition of the word. It is insanity, it is corruption and it is destroying both the Republican Party and the strength of conservatism.

It used to be that 45% of Americans identified as Conservatives, now that is down to 35%. That is not because Conservatives didn't turnout out or some other obfuscating misdirection, it is because conservatism has been hijacked and destroyed from within by the toxic combination of an inflexible agenda backed by big money, and a puritanical crusade to root out and destroy any all dissent from that line.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 10:39:04 AM »

McCain likely saved the GOP the senate and possibly the presidency in 2020 by making sure we didn't pass that disaster of a healthcare bill.

The GOP: pro-Death when it comes to the poor and disabled needing medical aid.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 12:36:22 PM »

This.

Also, Jason Lewis is my Congressman for another two months. I've met him and spoke to him several times. Great guy. He's also 100% right.

It is amazing how delusional some Republicans are about healthcare. FYI, Rand Paul's views on healthcare are way out of step with mainstream America.

Some R's need to have a come to Jesus moment with healthcare. They need to realize that this isn't the 90s anymore and most Americans views on healthcare have shifted towards the left. They need to adjust to this reality or they aren't going to get anywhere when it comes to healthcare.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 12:38:13 PM »

So glad he lost.  His pathetic crusade against the Met Council and public transportation got very old.  And of course he argued “we lost because we weren’t conservative enough.”  Move to Tennessee or like St. Cloud where your gross views are welcome, Jason.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 12:47:37 PM »

Part of you wishes a bunch of people died so Democrats could win more elections?

Partisanship is one hell of a drug.
pops
katman46

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: 4.00

P P P
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 12:57:44 PM »

This.

It is amazing how delusional some Republicans are about healthcare. FYI, Rand Paul's views on healthcare are way out of step with mainstream America.

Some R's need to have a come to Jesus moment with healthcare. They need to realize that this isn't the 90s anymore and most Americans views on healthcare have shifted towards the left. They need to adjust to this reality or they aren't going to get anywhere when it comes to healthcare.

I honestly don't care what the far left thinks, let's do what works.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 01:07:52 PM »

This.

The fact that you think shifting towards the left=far left just shows how you aren't living in the same reality as most Americans.

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 01:26:43 PM »

This.

Do you think 60% of America is far left?

I think you should take some time to look in the mirror and meditate
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies